Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 652948 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1215 on: July 15, 2012, 03:16:27 AM »
Metro is having internet problems, he will answer when he's back online.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1217 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Does 'criminal career objects taken home' mean just rewards for promotions in the later stages of the thief branch or all of those 'taking care of your own bonuses' objects?

It means rewards for promotions at certain levels, not the freebie art objects that are randomly tossed at you.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #1218 on: July 15, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
I've been working on the first couple of generations of both a Townie DecaDynasty and an Immortal Dynasty, both for variety and to see which one keeps my interest strongly enough to write up the story.  (I intended to write up the ID, but then I got interested in the TDD, so now I need to decide which to focus on.)

I am hoping I can get a clarification on one point of difference of wording in the two challenges' rule sets, because I want to make sure that I don't get the two challenges confused:  In the Immortal Dynasty, I know that no immortal can max a skill that is chosen as the unique SuperMax skill by any other immortal.  Per the Immortal Dynasty rules:

"3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. "  (It then explains that this qualification includes completing all challenges for the chosen skill, thus making it actually "SuperMax a skill not maxed by other immortals."

But in the Townie DecaDynasty, am I correct in my understanding that the stipulation is less stringent, and another heir can max (not SuperMax) a skill SuperMaxed by another heir, as long as they don't actually SuperMax that skill?  For example, if Heir 1 SuperMaxes Athletic, Heir 2 can still "simple max" Athletic, can't they, if their SuperMax is some other skill?  From the Townie DecaDynasty rules:

"5. Heirs must SuperMax a unique skill—no other heir can SuperMax the same skill."  (I find no express stipulation against simple maxing the same skill.)

The difference in wording between the rules of the two challenges leads me to think I'm correct, but I want to make absolutely certain that it is not simply an omission or a quirk of wording and that I am not just confused (which is quite possible,) because I don't want to futz up my Townie DD early on.

To sum up, this is how the two rule sets look to me:
- In the Immortal Dynasty, the SuperMax skill chosen for immortality qualification can not be even "simple" maxed by any other immortal.
- But in the Townie DecaDynasty, the SuperMax skill chosen for move-out qualification can be "simple" maxed by other heirs, as long as the SuperMax challenges for that skill are not completed by those other heirs.

Do I understand this difference correctly, or is it intended that the Townie rules for the SuperMax requirement work identically to the Immortal rules?

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1219 on: July 15, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »
My understanding is that it works the same in both ID & DD challenges.   An heir cannot max a skill that is to be another heir's supermax.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1220 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
It means rewards for promotions at certain levels, not the freebie art objects that are randomly tossed at you.

OK.  My completed DecaDynasty remains unofficial then - I used them in generation 3.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1221 on: July 15, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
"5. Heirs must SuperMax a unique skill—no other heir can SuperMax the same skill."  (I find no express stipulation against simple maxing the same skill.)

It's the very next sentence. Supermaxing includes maxing the skill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1222 on: July 15, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »
Metro,could I start a decadynasty using Dilly Pidgin. While Dilly is not a child or a teen she lives with her mother and is a child in that sense.
I am not sure if the rule no starting house with a child means an acutal Child or a Teen or if it means the house cannot have a parent and their child living their whatever the ages.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1223 on: July 15, 2012, 06:58:27 PM »
I think the answer is still no, Rachel.  A lot of people had to find new ways to move in Julienne Knack because even though she was a YA she was still the child of someone else in the house.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1224 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:09 PM »
I thought that would be the case Rica. I just can't seem to find any founders that hold my interest for more then a few Sim weeks. I loved playing the Douglas Smiths but Union Cove just doesn't work for me and I feel guilty for moving them to another town.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1225 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
I know the feeling but maybe you will find someone in the new town when you get Supernatural.  I hear there are witches and ghosts and the like.  Should be fun right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1226 on: July 15, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
Metro,could I start a decadynasty using Dilly Pidgin. While Dilly is not a child or a teen she lives with her mother and is a child in that sense.
I am not sure if the rule no starting house with a child means an acutal Child or a Teen or if it means the house cannot have a parent and their child living their whatever the ages.

Rachel

Yeah, Rachel. Age of the child is irrelevant, so unfortunately Dilly is out.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1227 on: July 15, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
Is there any chance we can refrain from using ID and TD/TDD for the Dynasty names?  It has already confused me in other threads and if it confuses me, I'm sure it confuses others. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1228 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »
Well, I've taken the plunge into this one as well. I'm playing with Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler as the original townies.

Edit: There is something I am unclear on though, I've read through some of the thread, but based on the sheer number of pages in this thread, couldn't read them all, and so may have missed the answer. So, I'm sorry if this question has been asked. It is from the 10th moving requirement

"None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table."

What is the display table?

Also, associated with that, can you have potions as the 10 objects you leave behind?

Thank you

Dek

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1229 on: July 16, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
Well, I've taken the plunge into this one as well. I'm playing with Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler as the original townies.

Edit: There is something I am unclear on though, I've read through some of the thread, but based on the sheer number of pages in this thread, couldn't read them all, and so may have missed the answer. So, I'm sorry if this question has been asked. It is from the 10th moving requirement

"None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table."

What is the display table?

Also, associated with that, can you have potions as the 10 objects you leave behind?

Thank you

Dek
I believe the Display Table is the same one you use for transfiguration.

Thus, I believe the 10 items cannot be items you transfigured (like leaving 10 Mysterious Mr Gnomes - which would be hilarious, of course).