Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643344 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1245 on: July 23, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
My game file is becoming near-impossible to play. I'm at week 40 in game time with just over half the dynasty left to play and it's constantly laggy and buggy. I've had a couple of crashes to desktop recently too. My computer's only just about good enough to meet the game specs so that's almost certainly part of it, but I think the file size has something to do with it too. I don't know if I'm allowed to move town to reduce the file size, am I? I'd do it when gen 5 reached moving time in about 4 game weeks, and I'd do the move the normal way, then sell the house and move the new household to the new town and put them in a house worth about the same, so I wouldn't gain anything from doing it. I think it's the only thing that'll keep be being able to play the game past this gen.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1246 on: July 23, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
My game file is becoming near-impossible to play. I'm at week 40 in game time with just over half the dynasty left to play and it's constantly laggy and buggy. I've had a couple of crashes to desktop recently too. My computer's only just about good enough to meet the game specs so that's almost certainly part of it, but I think the file size has something to do with it too. I don't know if I'm allowed to move town to reduce the file size, am I? I'd do it when gen 5 reached moving time in about 4 game weeks, and I'd do the move the normal way, then sell the house and move the new household to the new town and put them in a house worth about the same, so I wouldn't gain anything from doing it. I think it's the only thing that'll keep be being able to play the game past this gen.

Go for it. Good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1247 on: July 24, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #1248 on: August 08, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
There's no mention of the EA store premium content items other than the wishing well. Does this mean the baby swing (that can keep baby and toddler needs maxed) and the multi-tab (to let you build two skills at once) are both okay to use for this challenge?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1249 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
Yes both of those are allowable for this challenge as well as the immortal dynasty.  But the baby swing has been updated in a recent patch so it has to be turned on to actually work on your babies and if the motive mobile is allowed, why wouldn't the baby swing?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #1250 on: August 08, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »
I was hoping that would be the case, but I wanted to check, especially the multi-tab, because it makes things so easy it almost feels like cheating. Good to know I can use it in an Immortal Dynasty, too.  That will be very handy!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1251 on: August 17, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
Just some clarification on the friend requirements:

2. The household must have 10 different NPC friends (all must have different jobs) at moving time—Maid, Repair Technician, Repoman, Baby Sitter, Adoption Service/Child Protection Worker, Pet Adoption Worker, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Bartender, Bouncer, Pianist, Burglar, Police, Firefighter, Grim Reaper, Newspaper Delivery, Mail Delivery, Science Geek, Magician, Tourist, Explorer, Paparazzi, Tattoo Artist, male/female dancers, Venue Proprietor, DJ, Acrobat, Singer, Magician.
3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time. There can be overlap with other households’ Best Friends and the NPC requirement can serve double duty here if any are also Best Friends.

This might sound stupid, but by household do you mean the collective members of the household or just the heir? It would be easier if my heir's two siblings could provide some friends. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1252 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »
Yes the household could do it so Mom could have 5 friends, sister could have 3 and brother could have 2 and it still counts for the heir.  This is true for the NPCs and BFs.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1253 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »
Someone from the household can also provide the collection. The only things that the heir has to do without help is get on the honor roll at child and teen stage,reach the top of a career,supermax a unique skill  and complete ten  unique opps.

That looks like quite a long list when you type it out but it is not that much really.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1254 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
Thanks to both of you!

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #1255 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
I am totally late to the party, but I have decided to try this challenge. It will be the first time I've attempted anything on this scale.

I'm starting in Hidden Springs with Madeline Moore. I just took her off to the Salon because she looked pathetic in the cornrow hairstyle. Now she's cute and dressed up in Diesel jeans and read to go find a boyfriend.

Wish me luck!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1256 on: August 19, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
Good luck, Susinok!

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #1257 on: August 19, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
Well I'm already screwed. Madeline is about to have a baby and Nicholas hasn't even moved in yet! Oopsie. I don't normally play the game this way so I am going to muddle through as I can but no way will this game make the Hall of Fame.

But I do want the Moore Family to take over the town of Hidden Springs. We'll see.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #1258 on: August 19, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
My baby is a vampire!  It's chomping on its toys's neck.  Nicholas was infected right before trying for baby and I didn't notice before he got into the hot tub with Madeline. Nicholas and Madeline's courtship is going well. They are finally steady.

Hmm now to look up the cure for vampirism.

I have clearly failed before I began. But I'm attached to Madeline and her daughter Marina, so I will continue with them, but try I'll a Dynasty Challenge in another town. I haven't played Bridgeport yet, so maybe that one.

Deciding that, I went to all the infected townies, ten, TEN infected vampire townies, and made them take the cure.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1259 on: August 22, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
Just to double check. Here is my plan, start with Goodwin Goode have him wait until Jenni Jones-brown has there child and then move both Jenni and the baby in. Then Goodwin and Jenni have another child who becomes the heir. I think this would be fine but I want to double check!

anything