Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651747 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1290 on: August 31, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
As far as I know it's always been a no to change a lot type other than residential to commercial to place a lot. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1291 on: September 01, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Aargh -- I just noticed that the next opportunity of "Master Invention" (making a Simbot) is also named "Master Invention." That probably means I can only count one of them for my Sim's 10 opportunities. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask -- Metro, for the decadynasty, can you count each component as a separate opportunity?

Edit -- I just read on page 103 of the Immortal Dynasty thread that it was all right to count each component as a separate op, so will assume that holds true for the Decadynasty as well.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1292 on: September 01, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
I decided to take the plunge into this challenge, and am enjoying it very much so far. :) Agnes' heir has just hit teen, and so far all is good - apart from one small bug. On the house's patio, there is a stray cat. This cat never leaves, never moves, only whines and cries incessantly. Sims periodically get stuck doing 'Mourn' while staring at the cat, but the cat never actually dies. While not a gamebreaker as such, it's getting a bit annoying.

So, my question is this. Is there a way permitted by the challenge rules to get rid of the Undead Cat, and if so how? Or will I just have to live with the Undead Cat haunting me until my first heir is able to move out?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1293 on: September 01, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »
Have you tried resetSim *? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1294 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
Sorted - I'd missed that MoveObjects on was allowed and that fixed it. :) I tried ResetSim first, but that didn't work, probably because Stray Cat doesn't count as a real name, or possibly because it was Mostly Dead at the time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1295 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
I meant the blanket ResetSim * where you don't input a name.  It resets the entire town and works on Wild horses and stray animals.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1296 on: September 02, 2012, 03:15:27 AM »
Ah, I didn't know it worked on pets as well. Good to know in case something similar should happen again, thanks. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1297 on: September 03, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
And another couple of questions, sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find it in the thread.

First: I know that if my heir Supermaxes skill A, no other heir is allowed to do so, or even normal max it. But what if my heir accidentally maxes, but does not Supermax, skill B? Is skill B then also off limits for all other heirs?

Second: Is the Mixologist a legal NPC to use for the 10 NPC requirement? I kind of assumed it's the same as Bartender, which is what's listed but just wanted to make sure.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1298 on: September 03, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »
And another couple of questions, sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find it in the thread.

First: I know that if my heir Supermaxes skill A, no other heir is allowed to do so, or even normal max it. But what if my heir accidentally maxes, but does not Supermax, skill B? Is skill B then also off limits for all other heirs?

Second: Is the Mixologist a legal NPC to use for the 10 NPC requirement? I kind of assumed it's the same as Bartender, which is what's listed but just wanted to make sure.

If Skill B is maxed than no other heir can use Skill B for a supermax because another heir has maxed it.  Other heirs can get that skill but it can't be a supermax because they have to be unique to that heir.

A mixologist is the same thing as a bartender so they would be 1 NPC type not 2.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1299 on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Thanks very much for a quick and clear reply!   :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1300 on: September 06, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
I was just wondering if you're allowed to be a witch/have a witch in your household?  You have okayed it for Immortal Dynasties, but they are not mentioned in the Deca rules, that I can see anyways.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1301 on: September 06, 2012, 12:53:05 PM »
I was just wondering if you're allowed to be a witch/have a witch in your household?  You have okayed it for Immortal Dynasties, but they are not mentioned in the Deca rules, that I can see anyways.

The rules have been updated for Supernatural and if it's not specifically banned then it's allowed.  This includes witches since they have the same lifespan as normal Sims.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1302 on: September 06, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
Ok, thank you for the quick reply. 

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1303 on: September 06, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
And I have been struck by the dreaded aging bug.  :( A couple of days after my second heir had been born, I noticed his agebar hadn't moved at all. Until then, all sims had ages normally.  I tried resetting him, which didn't work. I then discovered that one more sim in the household also didn't age properly. I tried going back to an earlier save, before the heir was born - and now *none* of the sims in the household age at all. I have never fiddled with the agecontrols or done anything else to affect the age of any of these sims.

May I please be allowed to copy the household and move the family into a different town? I'm not aware of any other way I can fix this, and it would be a shame to lose a challenge which was going so well until now.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1304 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
And I have been struck by the dreaded aging bug.  :( A couple of days after my second heir had been born, I noticed his agebar hadn't moved at all. Until then, all sims had ages normally.  I tried resetting him, which didn't work. I then discovered that one more sim in the household also didn't age properly. I tried going back to an earlier save, before the heir was born - and now *none* of the sims in the household age at all. I have never fiddled with the agecontrols or done anything else to affect the age of any of these sims.

May I please be allowed to copy the household and move the family into a different town? I'm not aware of any other way I can fix this, and it would be a shame to lose a challenge which was going so well until now.

First try moving your family to the clipboard in Edit Town and then moving them back.  Someone suggested this to Pam and I never saw anything about it not working so let's go with that and let us know if it fixes itself.   Don't forget cache clearing when you do it.

Also, the rules have now been updated to include information regarding the elixirs that came with Supernatural.  The only items that are being banned are the ones that reverse/freeze/shorten a Sim's life. 

anything