Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643550 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1321 on: September 19, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
Something weird happened..

My heir has just aged up to teen, but when he was a child, on the day of his birthday he went to school and it was his second day on the honour roll - I know this because I had a notification the day before telling me he had made it on the Honour Roll, plus he had the moodlets for both days after exiting school. However, it was on this day that I noticed his wish that said "Stay on Honour Roll for three days" said 0/3 at the top, and his Dad's wish to "See Heir get on Honour Roll" had not been fulfilled. Now I can't tell if he is or he isn't. ::)  Is this just a bug with the wishes? Surely, because the pop up was there and he has the moodlet? Or is this a known bug or something that means he hasn't really gotten onto honour roll? His grade is an A, has been for a while, and I've gotten him to work hard till being stressed every day (Poor him :P) so I assume he did manage to get there, especially as the pop up showed.. I'm really hoping this is just a wish bug possibly coming from my patching up while the wishes were there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1322 on: September 19, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me.  A child Sim usually doesn't get the wish to be on for 3 days if they're not on it already so that's a good indicator.

You should be fine! 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1323 on: September 19, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me.  A child Sim usually doesn't get the wish to be on for 3 days if they're not on it already so that's a good indicator.

You should be fine! 

Yeah, it only came up at the same time that I got the pop up telling me he made it. I don't even know why I granted it, I was probably not paying attention to the fact he only had two days of childhood left. :P Anyway, that's a relief! Thank you, Rica. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1324 on: September 19, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
I've noticed that the zombies in the yard tend to be the NPCs who have service careers. Is there any reason why you can't cure them with an elixir, ask their job, and make friends with them and use them for the NPC friend requirement?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1325 on: September 19, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
Yeah, it only came up at the same time that I got the pop up telling me he made it. I don't even know why I granted it, I was probably not paying attention to the fact he only had two days of childhood left. :P Anyway, that's a relief! Thank you, Rica. :)

You can keep the wish in place and once the teen makes it to three days on the honor roll in high school, it will be granted.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1326 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
I have a new problem -- I opened my game and found that my sims don't think they're at home, even when they are. I tried resetsim *, but that caused all the portraits at the side to disappear.

I'm going back to a previous save. The only thing I can think of is that using elixirs might have caused the problem. Hunter used one on a zombie, and instead of becoming human and leaving, she just disappeared.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1327 on: September 21, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
I've had a similar issue where my Sims thought they were always home.  Let us know if that worked.  I don't know if has to do with elixirs because my glitch was before I had used any.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1328 on: September 22, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
1. Anything that lengthens/shortens life for heirs is forbidden—eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs). Non-heirs have no life-extending restrictions. Once your firstborn makes an appearance and becomes the active heir, you’re free to extend the life of the former heir.
Just reading through the rules and where it says elixirs, does it mean all elixirs in general or just the life extending ones?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1329 on: September 22, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
Just reading through the rules and where it says elixirs, does it mean all elixirs in general or just the life extending ones?

Only the life extending elixirs are banned.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1330 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
I'm sort of freaking out right now. My heir has had an A for almost 3 days, but the honor roll doesn't show up. She has one more day of childhood, so I hope she will make it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1331 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
Most children if they do their homework every day will have an A for a couple of days then make honor roll on their last day.  The only way to make this happen faster is to have a logic sim tutor the child the day they age up.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1332 on: September 23, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
Most children if they do their homework every day will have an A for a couple of days then make honor roll on their last day.  The only way to make this happen faster is to have a logic sim tutor the child the day they age up.
Thanks.  ;D Also, will she age up at a random time or age up at midnight?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1333 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
I usually do a cake in the afternoon/evening on my Sim's birthday but if you want to wait for her to do it on her own, it should be between 8 - 10 pm (2000-2200).

If you have supernatural, make sure she's not in werewolf form or has a moodlet from the new mood lamp.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1334 on: September 24, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
Also, a sim that ages from Toddler to Child on a school day - even at 12:05 AM - will not be scheduled to go to school until the following day. You can buy yourself a whole day of tutoring time by using a cake early in the morning.  (I don't know what happens if you age a sim from Child to Teen before school on a school day. It sounds like it has the possibility to be messy.)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms