Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643818 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1440 on: November 07, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »
Pam, I'd be happy for any work-around, but you want to end up with the heir in the spouse's house. I think you're going to have to go into Edit Town and take control of the spouse's house, then do testingcheatsenabled true to add the heir. Whether Metro, Rica, and Rachel will approve that remains to be seen.

Sounds like a pretty simple solution actually. That would get a nod from me as a temporary fix until Seasons comes out. Rachel and Rica?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1441 on: November 07, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
Right now that's the only way to solve the problem until next week at the earliest.  There is still nothing on the radar about a possible fixing patch.   If you're going to swap households in Edit Town, there is no reason to use the cheat to bring in the heir.  Just ask the heir to move in as it should be available after a few friendly interactions.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1442 on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
I was under the impression that once you had done some romantic interactions, you couldn't get the "ask to move in" interaction. I can have someone other than the spouse ask the heir to move in, but that won't work for households where there's only one person.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1443 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
The way it actually works is that if you put a romantic interaction in between friendly interactions while speaking to them it will take longer for the Ask to Move In to appear.

I was in a testing file where I had four couples get married.  All four got married in various ways and had to change to friendly interactions but we got the four to move in.   Just remember it won't show up until the other Sim thinks you are "Sociable" at least.  So nothing but friendly interactions and a high relationship and it will appear no matter who the person is.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1444 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »
Okay -- I'll try it!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

SimBlip

« Reply #1445 on: November 07, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
There is another way to move the heir into the new household. It doesn't involve swapping households before the move. It doesn't require the testingcheatsenabled thingie either.
Simply go into Edit Town. Split the heir from the current household. Then, merge the heir with the new household.
Once that is done, you'd have to swap to the new heir's household.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1446 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
Metro made a ruling within the thread that you couldn't move in children that would be older than the heir.  The heir has to be the first child born in the house.  So that means you can't move in other children that would be older than the heir.   And since you have to have a child within the first 10 days of moving in, that includes children from other households.

The rules state the firstborn child.    The actual ruling is within the thread.  As with all dynasties, the rules aren't always just the bulleted items in the first post.  It was actually a recent development and I'll go find it now for you.

I found it:   On page 42 here, Metro says that by moving in children from a spouse's previous house is against the spirit of the challenge.  It was reiterated on page 52.

Ok, I think I get it.  When the heir moves, there should be no children of any kind in the destination house.  So when my heir married a guy with a son as old as the heir, the son must move out when the heir moves in.  I almost kept the son in thinking I may make a love triangle of sorts with father and son....  Hehe.  Well I guess it's a good thing I moved him out.

But what about spares?  They are not allowed to have children?  Or marry someone who has children and move them in?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1447 on: November 07, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
Ok, I think I get it.  When the heir moves, there should be no children of any kind in the destination house.  So when my heir married a guy with a son as old as the heir, the son must move out when the heir moves in.  I almost kept the son in thinking I may make a love triangle of sorts with father and son....  Hehe.  Well I guess it's a good thing I moved him out.

But what about spares?  They are not allowed to have children?  Or marry someone who has children and move them in?

I think you're getting confused. It's all about the first house and houses afterwards.   When you start with a founder, you cannot move in a spouse that has children that would be older than the heir.   An heir cannot have children before he moves into the second house because the heir is supposed to be the first born of the generation.   Choosing a spouse that's older and has a fully grown child already doesn't count.  For one, you didn't move them in - you moved into their home. For two, you can't have children move in or be born prior to the current heir.   The current heir is the one who moved in and a child by the new spouse is obviously younger than the current heir.  It's only once the next heir is born that it would have been a problem.   
If a spare gets married and has children, they are also younger than the current heir because all spares are born after an heir not before. 

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1448 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
Does the heir have to be the product of the former heir and the spouse, or anyone living in the house?

As in Heir A: Married Cyclone Sw0rd, but has child with Stiles McGraw instead?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1449 on: November 07, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
The heir has to be born of two people living in a house together within 10 days of the initial move.   Who those two people are is up to you.    This means you have 7 days to get pregnant and hope that the child is born before the exact hour of which you moved in.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #1450 on: November 07, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
The heir has to be born of two people living in a house together within 10 days of the initial move.   Who those two people are is up to you.    This means you have 7 days to get pregnant and hope that the child is born before the exact hour of which you moved in.

The rules are worded like it doesn't even matter if the former heir is the one with the child  :o

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1451 on: November 07, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »
A dynasty is all about the bloodline.   That means it has to be the heir that is part of the next generation.  The only generation that that statement is not true is the founding pair who create the first heir.  All of your requirements are to be achieved so that you can move to the next house while still an adult so that the heir can have a child to continue the family line.  That's the point of challenge.   How is it 10 generations if they're not connected?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #1452 on: November 07, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
A dynasty is all about the bloodline.   That means it has to be the heir that is part of the next generation.  The only generation that that statement is not true is the founding pair who create the first heir.  All of your requirements are to be achieved so that you can move to the next house while still an adult so that the heir can have a child to continue the family line.  That's the point of challenge.   How is it 10 generations if they're not connected?

Ten generations of play, possibly. It was just a point, I had no intention of anything so silly  ::)

Fausta Legacy

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1453 on: November 07, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
Choosing a spouse that's older and has a fully grown child already doesn't count.

So, if there are children, grown or not, in the house of my future heir's spouse, I don't have to move them out when the heir moves in?  Or do I have to move them only if they are not grown?

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1454 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
If you haven't already heard, there is a huge bug going on with the latest patch (1.42).   Sims that get married aren't getting the option to be moved in together.  In fact, the new spouse isn't coming under your control at all.   This is a major decaDynasty problem.   Metro & I would like some patience as we try to figure out the best way to handle this glitch.

Thank you.

(refrains from shouting) Thank Goodness! I thought it was just me when this happened! It was inevitable that some major bug like this would rear its ugly head, since EA actually changed the core of the programming and not just minor things this time. It really annoys me because now I have to ask the spouse to move in. Also, another issue has been that, in one legacy where Jon Lessen married my legacy founder, he and she kept getting stupid calls from Sims wanting to ask them out for dates even though they were married. I know this whole attraction system is going to be a big issue when Seasons is installed and we have this Love Day thing(based on Valentine's Day) but geesh! They need to fix that because all the townies are becoming stalkerish.  >:(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything