Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643512 times)

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
Just wondering, after the next heir is chosen/of age, can the previous heir become a vampire? Sorree if it's already been asked, but I'm just about to start and I wanted that cleared up as soon as. :D

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »
Once I ask someone to marry me and I am supposed to get the option to move in with them I never do. If you watch this video, where chopsticks has recorded their dynasty, you will see when the founder asks Agnes to move in with her that it is only one sided. We can't move in with them but they can move in with us. Sorry to be a pain on this subject I just don't want to get far and have to start over because of this.

Here is the video-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8qNwgPUd8

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Just wondering, after the next heir is chosen/of age, can the previous heir become a vampire? Sorree if it's already been asked, but I'm just about to start and I wanted that cleared up as soon as. :D

Check the rules again.  No family member can be a vampire.  That means, as long as you control that household, no vampires.  Once the heir moves out, you no longer control the previous household and whatever happens isn't your problem.

2. No household member can be a vampire, mummy, ghost, or SimBot. Any other alternate life form in future expansions is also banned.

Say you have been playing and you are getting ready to move the 3rd generation out into a new home.  Can you move him into the house the 1st generation grew up in if the family living there has changed?

I would think yes because of new townies but I wasn't sure if we needed to have new homes along with townies or not.

Thanks

If the founder or any of his/her family is still living there, then no.  That would be returning members to the household that have already left and is against the rules.  At generation 3, it's likely that the founder's family will still be there.  But by generation 8, it would probably be a whole different family and your Sim would be marrying into the new family and moving into the house.

To everyone in general...

I think what some of you are missing is the fact that the only real way to move into a townie house is to marry one of the townies who live there.  Even if you have a friend to move in with, you'll never get the proper interactions to make the move.  The only thing you'll get is to ask that friend to move in.  There's a very slim chance that the friend will ask you to move in, but it's quite rare and not enough to really use for a strategy. 

As for the town losing its population, that's not going to happen.  Story progression makes sure that new families move into the town regularly.  There will be vampires and elderlies, true, but there will be some townies of the appropriate age.  You'll just have to search thoroughly for them.  But if there literally and truly is absolutely no townie to marry, then your DecaDynasty is over.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2011, 04:46:14 PM »
Guys, I have "kind of" solution for you all. What if you uninstall Late Night during the later generations, when the town is nearly wholly vampirized? Maybe that will be a possible solution. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
Once I ask someone to marry me and I am supposed to get the option to move in with them I never do. If you watch this video, where chopsticks has recorded their dynasty, you will see when the founder asks Agnes to move in with her that it is only one sided. We can't move in with them but they can move in with us. Sorry to be a pain on this subject I just don't want to get far and have to start over because of this.

Here is the video-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8qNwgPUd8

I didn't watch the 10 minute video, but I think I know what the problem is.  When you ask a Sim to Move In, that's exactly what they will do and you'll have no other options.  However, when you marry, you'll get the option to move to either house.  If you don't get this option when you marry, then it's because you're marrying an NPC who doesn't have a home.  If you're careful to marry someone who lives in a house in town and actually MARRY him instead of just asking to move in, you should have the correct screen to do so.

Guys, I have "kind of" solution for you all. What if you uninstall Late Night during the later generations, when the town is nearly wholly vampirized? Maybe that will be a possible solution. :-\

The town will not become "wholly vampirized."  That's an exaggeration.  There will be normal Sims to marry and carry on the DecaDynasty.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up Pam, I didn't realize it applied until the Sim became a separate household. *facepalm* ::)

pinkcutie

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
I read all the comments before this and I'm still a little confused.When the heir moves out to a townie house does that mean to like into another pre-existing family's home with the family that lives there?

I'm sorry for the stupid question,I'm a blonde ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »
I know this has been asked, but I don't think it's been answered:
Are we allowed to move into the same house twice during the game?
For example, Gen 1 moves into the Wolff's household. Then 4 generations down the track, can Gen 5 then move into that house again?

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
I know this has been asked, but I don't think it's been answered:
Are we allowed to move into the same house twice during the game?
For example, Gen 1 moves into the Wolff's household. Then 4 generations down the track, can Gen 5 then move into that house again?
Look at the top of this page I think Pam answered it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
I read all the comments before this and I'm still a little confused.When the heir moves out to a townie house does that mean to like into another pre-existing family's home with the family that lives there?

Basically, yes.  Your heir has to move to a house that is occupied by townies.  The easiest way will be to marry one of the Sims who live in the household.  Your heir will be able to move in after the marriage and then you'll continue playing the heir in the new house.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:57 AM »
If your town is dying out and you don't have many townies, have your Sims do some job hopping. Don't try to gain levels, just do the "meet coworkers" interaction. If there aren't enough Sims in town, the game will spawn some.
If you have Generations, and you want to make sure you have enough kids in town for friends and mates later in life, have one of your Sims join the Daycare profession. The game will generate toddlers and children for you to take care of.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2011, 01:51:01 AM »
Those are good ideas, lvrugger.  I have some suggestions to add. 

1. Read the newspaper every day.  It will tell you when a new family moves to town.
2. Have children meet all their classmates.
3. Most townies turn up in public places sooner or later.  Visit the park, theater, and restaurant to meet some townies who are hanging around outside.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2011, 01:59:52 AM »
I would really like to start this and Metro and whoever else helped, did an awesome job.  I have to wait a few weeks to start, but I can enjoy other stories until I have to pack up my computer.  This is so different from the Immortal Dynasty and it provides a nice twist.  I really can't say if one is harder than the other one, that is my personal opinion however.  I am not even done with the first one yet, but that is top priority when I get my computer set up in a couple of weeks, so I am really looking forward to this one eventually.  Again, great job on this. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2011, 02:00:15 AM »
So just to make sure I'm perfectly clear, the DecaDynasty ends when one of three possibilities has been reached:
A. There are no eligible townies to meet and marry, OR
B. Generation 10 has moved, OR
C. A sim has not completed all moving requirements and ages up to Elder.

And "townie" refers to a Sim that lives in a house and does not perform a service job, i.e Maid, right?
If a sim gathers paintings and they appreciate value, do we count the appreciated value or the original value?
If a sim gathers paintings, are we free to sell them if we don't want them?
If a sim gathers paintings, does a painting done in a different style to another painting (of the same picture) count as two different paintings?
If a sim gathers paintings, does the same picture (in the same style) count as two different paintings?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2011, 02:09:28 AM »
So just to make sure I'm perfectly clear, the DecaDynasty ends when one of three possibilities has been reached:
A. There are no eligible townies to meet and marry, OR
B. Generation 10 has moved, OR
C. A sim has not completed all moving requirements and ages up to Elder.

A.  Correct
B.  Generation 10 heir only has to meet the moving requirements and be living in the 10th house.  He doesn't have to actually move to the next house to be finished with the challenge.
C.  Correct

And "townie" refers to a Sim that lives in a house and does not perform a service job, i.e Maid, right?

Correct.

If a sim gathers paintings and they appreciate value, do we count the appreciated value or the original value?

You can count the value of the paintings at the point the heir moves out.

If a sim gathers paintings, are we free to sell them if we don't want them?

Yes.  Painting is one of the legitimate careers for your Sims, so selling paintings would be necessary in that case.  You can also sell them any other time if you wish.

If a sim gathers paintings, does a painting done in a different style to another painting (of the same picture) count as two different paintings?
If a sim gathers paintings, does the same picture (in the same style) count as two different paintings?

Each painting counts as an individual painting, no matter the style or subject of the painting.  Duplicates are fine for leaving behind when the heir moves out, as long as you leave 10 paintings.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog