Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643381 times)

DayspringSylph

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2011, 11:22:41 AM »
I have a quick question, related to the new Generations feature. Can we count the imaginary friend as a best friend for the household? My heir just became best friends with her imaginary friend.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
I have a quick question, related to the new Generations feature. Can we count the imaginary friend as a best friend for the household? My heir just became best friends with her imaginary friend.

Sure. Just remember that moving requirements are all time based on the point when the heir needs to move.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

DayspringSylph

« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
Ok thanks!

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »
Got generations today so I'm ready to start - I have a question though.... If I choose Emma Hatch as my starting Sim and she marries a single man and moves in to his house, does the 10 days start from week 1, day 1 or from the day she moves in with her new husband (or am I doing it wrong?)

Also - how much modification are we allowed to do to the houses? I know many of the townie houses dont have nursery facilities so I figure some modifications will be necessary but going as far as levelling the place and building a house of your own design seems 'not in the spirit' of things.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »
Got generations today so I'm ready to start - I have a question though.... If I choose Emma Hatch as my starting Sim and she marries a single man and moves in to his house, does the 10 days start from week 1, day 1 or from the day she moves in with her new husband (or am I doing it wrong?)

Well, I suppose that's okay. That's not really how I envisioned the beginning. How I would play it would be Emma stays put and the husband comes to her house. The moving does not happen until the heir moves out.

Also - how much modification are we allowed to do to the houses? I know many of the townie houses dont have nursery facilities so I figure some modifications will be necessary but going as far as levelling the place and building a house of your own design seems 'not in the spirit' of things.

Totally up to you.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »
Well I wanted to go from poorest to richest (ending up in one of the mansions for my 10th gen) but I can't seem to find a way to get the lot values of occupied houses and the combination of poor and single seems to be rare. I have to start with a girl though - its just my thing, I always have 1 sim I feel more connected to and its either the starting wife or the offspring (who I prefer to be girls - no offense to the boys but crap hair and boring clothes).... but I suppose I could start with the guy - have a traditional proposal. Anyone know any poor single men? ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
In Sunset Valley you could go for Erin Kennedy, she's not poor but not rich either, Jamie Jolina is likewise.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2011, 11:16:44 PM »
Poor single men...Christopher Steel is somewhere in between. I would say go for Leighton Sekemoto but he lives with his mother and son and is thus not eligible.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2011, 04:35:06 AM »
metro,can our founder Sim marry a NPC or homeless townie?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2011, 05:53:11 AM »
I already have to restart :( Got to week 2 day 1 - still not even romantic interest with Emma...she is hard work (but oh so pretty). Its a shame Claire Ursine is off-limits. I really don't want 10 generations of that Kennedy jawline ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23:03 AM »
It doesn't help that Emma has the unflirty trait. She is pretty thought. I think Emma and Chris Steel make a good couple they both have the same cow print sleep wear so it is destiny.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »
metro,can our founder Sim marry a NPC or homeless townie?

Rachel

Be more specific. Who is your starting founder?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »
My founder is Monika Morris. I have my or should I say her sights on Stiles but I like to keep my options open. Whoever she marries will move in with her.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »
My founder is Monika Morris. I have my or should I say her sights on Stiles but I like to keep my options open. Whoever she marries will move in with her.

Rachel

Yep. All of that is fine. But, the heir cannot marry a homeless Sim because they need to move to a townie house.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2011, 07:03:48 AM »
It doesn't help that Emma has the unflirty trait. She is pretty thought. I think Emma and Chris Steel make a good couple they both have the same cow print sleep wear so it is destiny.

They're both natural cooks too - its a match made in heaven if I can just manage to woo her. She'll accept flowers but any sort of flirting and she suddenly has to leave.

anything