Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651753 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #615 on: October 05, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »
I think I've seen magicians on the island in the center of Riverview.  What I mean is, I can't remember which "park" it was but they were there.  I also know that Juxtaposition has seen 3 magicians in Bridgeport with her Dynasty.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
I play my Dynasty in Twinbrook and have seen the magician in the central park there one or twice. Riverview might be more difficult, I don't think it has an actual central park.

I think the most popular park in Riverview is the one in front of the theater.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
I have a question for later when I might try this.
2. Choose a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood.
Does that mean that I can play as a household such as the working friends household?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #618 on: October 05, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
I have a question for later when I might try this.Does that mean that I can play as a household such as the working friends household?

Yep. There's no children in that one.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #619 on: October 07, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
Time for some hair-splitting questions :-)

I'm currently playing the 1st generation in Decadynasty. The heir is toddler right now, so I'm slightly anticipating. The starting townie is Constance Shelley from Riverview and she is a writer. I've decided that the first collection will be made of books written by her. When I read the rule:
10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house.

I understand that I will have to leave 10 books, no more, no less. Let's say that, on the day the heir is ready to do the move to the spouse's house, Constance has written 30 books. I choose the 10 most valuable ones, write down their values in the spreadsheet and sell the 20 other ones. Am I right?

Then, in your post here
Metro say you left paintings as your Unique Items for Generation 1 can another Generation leave Paintings behind but not count them? Just because they don't want to take them with them to their new house?
If you check the wording of the rule, samo, you'll note the rule says you can only leave behind 10 items. No more.

-------

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. I think this came up before, and my clarification for someone else was that the 10 items are strictly interpreted for the moving requirement. IN other words, your generation 1 could not leave 11 paintings, only 10. So, another generation would need to leave 10 non paintings for the moving requirement. But, I suppose if you'd want to leave other stuff, that would be up to you.

Let's say that someone has planted various things in Constance's garden, can I leave those plants there or do I have to delete them before the heir moves?
Can I leave the harvested produce in her fridge or do I have to discard it too?
What about skill certificates, graduation certificates, wedding presents? Can I leave them in her house or to I have to delete them?

I have understood what the heir can take to the new house (heir's own career rewards and own LTH rewards), I'm just wondering about what can be left behind and how much "house cleaning" I'll have to do.

As a side question, couldn't skill certificates be counted as an additional category for this 10 objects moving requirement?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #620 on: October 07, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
@Bella

Those are really good questions. In my first townie home, I just left 10 paintings, since that was an easy one. But now I'm doing novels as well, and one of my household members has a little garden. I don't think you'd need to sell the extra books, and according to Metro's edit, we shouldn't have to delete the plants either. I actually plan on finding my most expensive novel and ordering it 10 times the day before my heir moves, since the collection items don't all have to be different, and novels depreciate over time.

Also, that'd be a really good idea about skill certificates, but don't they depreciate in value too?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #621 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
Yes, the certificates depreciate too.

I actually plan on finding my most expensive novel and ordering it 10 times the day before my heir moves, since the collection items don't all have to be different, and novels depreciate over time.

This is a clever idea  ;). But I've decided I wanted to have some variety in my collections, too bad for any potential hall of fame score, if I ever succeed to get there. So, no 10 times the same object for me, even for death fish. Or Tiberium spires, ouch!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #622 on: October 07, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
It's not necessary to "clean house" before you move.  The requirements for moving are that you leave the 10 special items and only take certain items with you.  The rest of it can be left alone.  As long as you only tally up the value of the 10 special items for your score, nothing else in the house matters as long as you don't take it with you.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #623 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »
It's not necessary to "clean house" before you move.  The requirements for moving are that you leave the 10 special items and only take certain items with you.  The rest of it can be left alone.  As long as you only tally up the value of the 10 special items for your score, nothing else in the house matters as long as you don't take it with you.

That's what I thought, too. Good to know I'm still okay then!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #624 on: October 07, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »
I added skill certificates to the list of collection examples. Good suggestion.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
Thanks Pam! It's much simpler to manage this way. House cleaning is, after all, no more fun in Sim world than in real life :-)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #626 on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:50 AM »
I have a question regarding the NPC ghost: does the ghost of a deceased family memeber (=the required tombstone) count as a NPC ghost?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #627 on: October 10, 2011, 02:06:04 AM »
I have a question regarding the NPC ghost: does the ghost of a deceased family memeber (=the required tombstone) count as a NPC ghost?

No, I don't think those ghosts will count as an NPC ghost.  The ghosts you can use for that requirement are the ones in the graveyard or one that happens to be wandering around town.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2011, 02:08:26 AM »
10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house. No items left can be from previous households. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each house must have a unique item type. Examples of qualifying types — freebies/perks (criminal career objects taken home, culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, celebrity freebies in family inventory, etc.), presents, field trip souvenirs, paintings, photos, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, and any harvestables from Omni Plants. All household members from a given house can contribute towards this requirement.

So this means that absolutely nothing from Buy/Build Mode, right? (I have noticed the word "purchased" in there, but I'm just doublechecking.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2011, 02:19:15 AM »
So this means that absolutely nothing from Buy/Build Mode, right? (I have noticed the word "purchased" in there, but I'm just doublechecking.)

Correct.  Nothing from Buy/Build Mode.  It says the "the items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity."  There's nothing in there about Buy/Build Mode.  Where do you see the word "purchased"?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog