Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643572 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
Oh, absolutely. Pam can continue for sure, just unofficially. I offered my two cents in her story thread.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »
Has anyone gotten into the HoF with a DecaDynasty yet?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
No. I think it's been way too short a time, because Samoht just completed his Legacy which has been going on since around August last year.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
No. I think it's been way too short a time, because Samoht just completed his Legacy which has been going on since around August last year.

He's been working on that Legacy for two years, I believe.  But you're right, it's too soon to have anyone finish.  It will probably take longer than the Immortal Dynasty because it's got 10 generations instead of 8.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Sportsfan

« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
He's been working on that Legacy for two years, I believe.  But you're right, it's too soon to have anyone finish.  It will probably take longer than the Immortal Dynasty because it's got 10 generations instead of 8.
Pam I'm so proud of you! 10 is indeed a larger number than 8! *throws confetti*  ;D

On a more serious note, samoht was not just working on his leagacy at the time, he also played a number of dynasties and other families I think.

Mary-Greenman

« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but I've skimmed through the other pages.

Each household is allowed 10 days vacation. Vacation can be accrued and passed on to the next household. So, if you never take a vacation in your starting house, when you begin playing your 2nd house, you then have 20 days vacation available. For every Sim that goes on vacation that counts against the vacation total—i.e. 3 Sims go on vacation for 3 days = 9 vacation days.

I was wondering if the time off for maternity leave + marriage counted as vacation? It sounds like this only applies to people with the World Adventures expansion pack but I wanted to double check. Now that I"m typing this out, though, it sounds like the vacation thing is totally separate. XD

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but I've skimmed through the other pages.

I was wondering if the time off for maternity leave + marriage counted as vacation? It sounds like this only applies to people with the World Adventures expansion pack but I wanted to double check. Now that I"m typing this out, though, it sounds like the vacation thing is totally separate. XD

It only applies to vacations taken with World Adventures.  Maternity and marriage leave aren't vacation days.

Welcome to our Forum, Mary.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mary-Greenman

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
hehe, ty Pam! I'm excited to get started. <3 (in fact, I may have already started my household. XD)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:52 AM »
I'm actually about to buckle down and get through this as fast as I can. I'm taking my time with the Immortal Dyanasty, so I figured I'd get the Townie one done quickly. I'm about to move generation 2 out and start the third. The first generation is the tricky one - once that is done it goes by much easier. maybe I'll be the first in the HOF for this one...

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2011, 05:54:02 AM »
A quick question concerning the 'heir born within ten days.' If one of the sims is pregnant in the beginning, and she moves in with the father before the baby is born, is that child the heir? Or does the heir need to be conceived when they are both living together?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »
Auden, The rule states:
1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new Townie house.

So to answer your question the Sim has to get pregnant once your two founders are living together. If a Sim is already pregnant at the beginning of the game then they cannot be used for this challenge.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »
Okay, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2011, 06:55:47 AM »
I don't think this has been asked but can you have a collection of Ice Sculptures for Generation 2 and say for Generation 5 you have a collection of Wood Sculptures?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »
I don't think this has been asked but can you have a collection of Ice Sculptures for Generation 2 and say for Generation 5 you have a collection of Wood Sculptures?

I think probably not because if we could do that, we could also have a collection of Death Fish for one generation and then a collection of Vampire Fish for another.  Same with gems and many other things.  I feel that we are supposed to have unique items for each generation.  Metro, please correct if I'm wrong.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »
I think probably not because if we could do that, we could also have a collection of Death Fish for one generation and then a collection of Vampire Fish for another.  Same with gems and many other things.  I feel that we are supposed to have unique items for each generation.  Metro, please correct if I'm wrong.

Nope. You're right, Pam. Sculptures are sculptures, no matter the type, so you would not be able to call two different type of sculpture collections unique objects.