Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643961 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #765 on: November 08, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
Precious-

Your ten items left behind don't have to be 10 different fish, gems, etc.  They can be 10 of the same item.  You just have to use a different category (fish, gems, snakes, lizards, etc) for each generation.  So an example would be that you could use 10 deathfish for one generation and 10 pink diamonds for another.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #766 on: November 08, 2011, 09:59:47 AM »
Pam and Sportsfan, I got the idea now. Thanks for clarifying it. :)

It's difficult to check and ask questions, when you don't even know, that your view of the rules is wrong... I only started to doubt my interpretation, when I saw the discussion between Precious and Metro on November 6th.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #767 on: November 08, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »
I have a question concerning collections. I don't remember exactly where I read this (I looked for it and failed), but items from the Omni Plant count as a collection. My question is do they count as their own collection? For example, if I grew deathfish on the Omni Plant, would I still be able to use caught deathfish for a fish collection in the future? If not, what about books? I have already used written novels as a collection. If I fed the Omni Plant books from Shang Simla, would those grown books count as an Omni Plant collection or as a book collection?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #768 on: November 08, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »
I have a question concerning collections. I don't remember exactly where I read this (I looked for it and failed), but items from the Omni Plant count as a collection. My question is do they count as their own collection? For example, if I grew deathfish on the Omni Plant, would I still be able to use caught deathfish for a fish collection in the future? If not, what about books? I have already used written novels as a collection. If I fed the Omni Plant books from Shang Simla, would those grown books count as an Omni Plant collection or as a book collection?

Yeah, treat any Omni Plant harvestables as their own category even if they're essentially the same type of item as in another collection.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #769 on: November 08, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
Creative, any paintings done by Hank can be used for the ten items left behind but none of his paintings will count towards the painting self employment career for the heir.

If Hank maxes Painting and the Painting career, is that unavailable to my Gen 2?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #770 on: November 08, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
If Hank maxes Painting and the Painting career, is that unavailable to my Gen 2?
Hank is a non-heir so if he maxes anything, it's still open to heirs.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #771 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
Metro, I went back to an earlier save, and I am still having the same problem. I find this extremely bizarre because in the save I went back to, the baby had not yet been conceived. However, this baby is having the same problem. And what's worse, it seems that everyone was aging just fine until the baby was born then everyone stopped aging. I'm going to try a factory reset and see if it helps at all. This might just be a game breaker.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #772 on: November 08, 2011, 11:18:23 PM »
I have a question on the items left behind.

I'm assuming they are 10 different types of fish, 10 different types of gems, and etc.  The question really is for the celebrity area, they are sent things randomly, paintings, beds, grills, etc.  Is it 1 bed, 1 grill, 1 paint, and 7 other items or is it 10 different beds (IF they are sent that many) and 10 different grills?

Adding to what simfulicious said...

The celebrity items would count as one category, no matter what item was received.  For example, if you have 10 beds, that's the one and only time you can use the celebrity category as a moving requirement.  If you instead have a mixture of celebrity items, that will also be the one and only time you can use the celebrity category.

Hank is a founder, so he's not required to do any of the moving requirements.  Same for Pauline.  Anything they do is fine and won't count toward the first heir's requirements.  Their first child will be the heir and he/she will have to meet all the requirements to move.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #773 on: November 09, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »
Metro, I went back to an earlier save, and I am still having the same problem. I find this extremely bizarre because in the save I went back to, the baby had not yet been conceived. However, this baby is having the same problem. And what's worse, it seems that everyone was aging just fine until the baby was born then everyone stopped aging. I'm going to try a factory reset and see if it helps at all. This might just be a game breaker.

Moons,
Did you have an imaginary friend become real and start to breed? I've heard of this aging but happening after IFs spawn.
Good luck!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #774 on: November 09, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »
Moons,
Did you have an imaginary friend become real and start to breed? I've heard of this aging but happening after IFs spawn.
Good luck!

Nope. I've made it a point to not even take them out of their sims' inventory.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #775 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
Metro, I went back to an earlier save, and I am still having the same problem...I'm going to try a factory reset and see if it helps at all. This might just be a game breaker.

Fingers crossed that it's not. Keep me posted.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #776 on: November 09, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »
I don't see this asked or mentioned anywhere and I was just wondering. Are we allowed to add a pet to the household? And if so are we allowed to take the pet with us when we move?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #777 on: November 09, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »
I don't see this asked or mentioned anywhere and I was just wondering. Are we allowed to add a pet to the household? And if so are we allowed to take the pet with us when we move?

Yes to both questions. The Townie DecaDynasty is a bit looser than the Immortal one, so I intentionally left pets completely up the Dynasty player and simply did not put them in the rules at all.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #778 on: November 11, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
Metro,
Permission to go back to an earlier save, please. My sim was pregnant and went into labor during her sister's graduation ceremony. There was also a protest at the same time. She had the delivery moodlet for a bit, then lost that. She is still pregnant - won't go into the hot tub, etc - but has no pregnant moodlet and hasn't given birth in 2 days. I could go to an earlier save and either wait a day to get her pregnant or give the sister a life fruit to delay her graduation a day. Neither sim is the heir - the current heir is a child during this experience.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #779 on: November 11, 2011, 08:15:18 AM »
Metro,
Permission to go back to an earlier save, please. My sim was pregnant and went into labor during her sister's graduation ceremony. There was also a protest at the same time. She had the delivery moodlet for a bit, then lost that. She is still pregnant - won't go into the hot tub, etc - but has no pregnant moodlet and hasn't given birth in 2 days. I could go to an earlier save and either wait a day to get her pregnant or give the sister a life fruit to delay her graduation a day. Neither sim is the heir - the current heir is a child during this experience.

Yeah, no problem. Go back to an earlier save.