Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643377 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
Yes, DecaDynasty stories go into the Dynasty board.

Thanks Metro! I've posted my Thread, now to go catch up with my new Attempt! This time choosing DeAndre who has no Kids with him.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
I'm just wondering if I may have made another 'mistook'.  :-[  I interpreted " a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood"  to mean any existing, EA created sim who had no children and decided that this included the sims in the sim bin.

Am I wrong?  Is it only pre-made families living in houses that are available to become our starting family?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Guys, I have started my Crumplebottom DecaDynasty. Here, enjoy! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Shenice93

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
I have a question.

When we move heirs into new townie homes do said townies have to be single too or can they still be living with parents or siblings?

And I'm assuming townies with no homes are out of the question?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
I'm just wondering if I may have made another 'mistook'.  :-[  I interpreted " a pre-made townie family with no children from any unaltered EA designed neighborhood"  to mean any existing, EA created sim who had no children and decided that this included the sims in the sim bin.

Am I wrong?  Is it only pre-made families living in houses that are available to become our starting family?

Correct, Gheez. It's only Sims living in houses that are available.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
I have a question.

When we move heirs into new townie homes do said townies have to be single too or can they still be living with parents or siblings?

This was already answered on this same page.

And I'm assuming townies with no homes are out of the question?

The whole point of the challenge is to continue moving into Townie homes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »
I doubt that I will play this one, but I do have a question.  In my Clan Douglas Dynasty, about Generation 5 there were very few options for my character to find a mate in town.  I wound up marrying him to a tourist because I just couldn't find anyone else, and I had definitely been looking for some time.  The town residents were all too old or too young or vampires.  If that happens in this game, what should players do?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
Quote from: Metro
2. No household member can be a vampire, mummy, ghost, or SimBot. Any other alternate life form in future expansions is also banned.

Are you seriously saying that Imaginary Friends from the much anticipated Generations EP are banned?!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
I doubt that I will play this one, but I do have a question.  In my Clan Douglas Dynasty, about Generation 5 there were very few options for my character to find a mate in town.  I wound up marrying him to a tourist because I just couldn't find anyone else, and I had definitely been looking for some time.  The town residents were all too old or too young or vampires.  If that happens in this game, what should players do?

Cry? Lol. I mean what do you want me to say, Schip? ;) Rules are rules and if you can't finish a Dynasty with the established rules, then you're done. Or the obvious alternative is just finishing on your own terms and forgoing the Hall of Fame.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »
Are you seriously saying that Imaginary Friends from the much anticipated Generations EP are banned?!

Depends. I don't know much about the Imaginary Friend. If it would take up a household slot, then yeah it would be out I think. But, if not, then I see no reason for an Imaginary Friend not to be okay.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
It doesn't sound like it will but you can turn it into a real sim with a potion.

EDIT: I have my first Heir! Woo!  ;) And within the Deadline!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
I've been bad. I've ignored all the other projects/games/dynasty/challenges I have on the go and started this one. 

I've been punished.  I've failed my first attempt.

I'm so tempted to be bad again...

;D

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
Be bad and go for it Gheez  ;)

Congrats to you Metro, this is an absolutely awesome new challenge! And it was well worth the whole "Teasing-Big Announcement" hype.

7. Each heir needs to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property must be fully upgraded before the heir moves.
I'm wondering about this rule: do the "electronic deeds" get carried over when the heir moves to another household?
I'm not sure since properties are household's ones now.
But moving to another household is a bit like switching households. Wouldn't the properties bought by House A be automatically "reset" when the heir moves to House B? Like promised wishes and inventories. If so, there might be a little loophole here.

I'm very much looking to try this new challenge, but I'll wait to have Generations first. And I've settled for the sensible choice of first finishing the Rabbit and Baby challenges before getting anyway near a Game shop. Oh patience!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
All I can say is wow Metro, lol.  I was trying to figure out in my head exactly what this would be, but this is outstanding.  I will try this eventually, but after reading the rules and the questions and answers from everyone else, sounds pretty good.  I think I understand everything, only thing unique is items you leave behind and their one unique max skill.  Like you said, take a picture of the last heir with their 10 items and 10 friends between the household.  I think I got it.  First I have to get moved and finish other dynasty, then I will have a go at this.  Great job, as always Metro. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »
I'm wondering about this rule: do the "electronic deeds" get carried over when the heir moves to another household?
I'm not sure since properties are household's ones now.
But moving to another household is a bit like switching households. Wouldn't the properties bought by House A be automatically "reset" when the heir moves to House B? Like promised wishes and inventories. If so, there might be a little loophole here.

Well, to be honest, I'm not 100% if they do get reset. On the other hand, you and everyone else should be using Gheez's spreadsheet to keep things 100% accurate for all of the moving requirements. So, isn't this really a non-issue?