Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643648 times)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »
Right, I hadn't viewed it that way, indeed. I'll use the spreadsheet of Gheez, for sure. It's a great help. Whether the game resets or not, this will help me fight the reset of my own brain  :D
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:49 PM »
I guess I do have a question?  When your heir is ready to move then you would just use "change active household" and move that heir to another household?  I realize that is using edit town or am I missing something.  I read the rules again, but I just got off work, so my brain might still be in overdrive, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2011, 01:37:13 PM »
Woah this sounds hard! Can't wait to try it out looks like a lot of fun!  ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »
I guess I do have a question?  When your heir is ready to move then you would just use "change active household" and move that heir to another household?  I realize that is using edit town or am I missing something.  I read the rules again, but I just got off work, so my brain might still be in overdrive, lol. :)

Right. Let's say the Wolff's have a baby. That baby is heir #1. Baby Wolff grows up and completes his 10 requirements and moves into another house with his spouse. You say bye bye to Thornton and Morgana and Baby Wolff's household now becomes the active one.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »
I was thinking the easiest way would be when you did all your requirements then you get married which will allow you to move into the new house with the spouse.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »
Right. Let's say the Wolff's have a baby. That baby is heir #1. Baby Wolff grows up and completes his 10 requirements and moves into another house with his spouse. You say bye bye to Thornton and Morgana and Baby Wolff's household now becomes the active one.

Wait. Is it possible to move into a house that is inhabited by a townie already? I mean, can the Wolff's baby move to, say, the Alto household in order to marry Holly? Sorry, I am being dumb. :-[
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2011, 01:55:01 PM »
Wait. Is it possible to move into a house that is inhabited by a townie already? I mean, can the Wolff's baby move to, say, the Alto household in order to marry Holly? Sorry, I am being dumb. :-[

Holly starts as a YA, right? Or does she start as a Teen? I forgot. But, anyway, by the time your Heir #1 would be ready to marry, I'm guessing Holly would be late into her Adulthood or maybe already an Elder. Not sure. But, to answer your question, yes — once your heir grows up, then they could move into the Alto house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
I think what Chronic means is if you select the move option on the phone/computer, can you move into an already taken house?
I just realised that that's what Salty meant too.
I don't think you can select a taken house unless you go into Edit Town, can you?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
Holly starts as a YA, right? Or does she start as a Teen? I forgot. But, anyway, by the time your Heir #1 would be ready to marry, I'm guessing Holly would be late into her Adulthood or maybe already an Elder. Not sure. But, to answer your question, yes — once your heir grows up, then they could move into the Alto house.

Holly starts out as a teen with five days till YA. That was just an example, but *maybe* she will qualify for my heir. Lol. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
@ Alex - Yes, that is what I was asking. Hm.

jessssi

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »
Okay, quick question. I was planning my game in my head when I thought of this. Let's say my first heir meets the girl he wants to marry and moves in with her but then I find out she's turning into an elder the next day. Can I move her out and any other person in the house and marry a homeless NCP, move her in, and have a baby with her?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
I was going to ask about moving household but I just remembered that when you get married the option comes up to change active household right there and then. I was thinking we would have to use edit town to change households but that is not true.
Quick question about the gravestone requirement. All it says is that we should aquire a gravestone does that mean we can just take one out of the graveyard. If so that seems way too easy. I would assume that waiting around for someone to die before the heir can move on would be part of the challenge.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
I was going to ask about moving household but I just remembered that when you get married the option comes up to change active household right there and then. I was thinking we would have to use edit town to change households but that is not true.
Quick question about the gravestone requirement. All it says is that we should aquire a gravestone does that mean we can just take one out of the graveyard. If so that seems way too easy. I would assume that waiting around for someone to die before the heir can move on would be part of the challenge.

Rachel

Or already have one since the start. For example, Agnes has the medium tombstone of Erik Darling. Does that clarify? I assume no.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »
I was reading it as someone in the household had to die naturally before the heir could move out.  So mom or dad or random elder neighbor that moves in.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
Congratulations on your launch, Metro. I can see you've generated some big interest here. It's remarkable that it can be played by any Sims 3 owner, not just people with multiple expansions. Very thorough of you, and it is definitely a masterfully crafted challenge.

I updated the front page of the site to draw some guide reader attention. With this and Generations on the horizon we'll see higher challenge participation than ever. Good job making this one something that everyone can enjoy and props to Pam, Hosfac, and Gheez for helping to make it happen. We should see some buzz on a few Sims news sites as well. If you follow carlssims3guide on twitter you can help spread the word by retweeting me.