Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643697 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »
Okay, quick question. I was planning my game in my head when I thought of this. Let's say my first heir meets the girl he wants to marry and moves in with her but then I find out she's turning into an elder the next day. Can I move her out and any other person in the house and marry a homeless NCP, move her in, and have a baby with her?

Heh. Yeah. I suppose that would work.

I was going to ask about moving household but I just remembered that when you get married the option comes up to change active household right there and then. I was thinking we would have to use edit town to change households but that is not true.
Quick question about the gravestone requirement. All it says is that we should aquire a gravestone does that mean we can just take one out of the graveyard. If so that seems way too easy. I would assume that waiting around for someone to die before the heir can move on would be part of the challenge.

Rachel

Yeah, good point, Rachel. I will clarify that in the rule set. Thank you.

And my favorite quote of the thread so far...

Congratulations on your launch, Metro. I can see you've generated some big interest here. It's remarkable that it can be played by any Sims 3 owner, not just people with multiple expansions. Very thorough of you, and it is definitely a masterfully crafted challenge.

Thanks, boss. ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »
Metro, a rather weird question, but would you mind telling us - why is this Challenge named DecaDynasty? ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Double post, but Rachel — I don't need to clarify the tombstone thing. It's already clear. The rule states that the tombstone comes about as a result of a natural death of a household member.

-------

Metro, a rather weird question, but would you mind telling us - why is this Challenge named DecaDynasty? ;D

You may have noticed the importance of the number 10 in this event?  :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
Oops I guess I need to double check what I am reading.

I am slightly confused about the NPCS do they all need to be friends or just the paparazzi.

Edited to add if a person does not have late night would they be able to forgo some of the NPC requirements such as the butler.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Oops I guess I need to double check what I am reading.

I am slightly confused about the NPCS do they all need to be friends or just the paparazzi.

The paparazzi is just part of the #2 list. You need 10 NPC friends before moving.

Edited to add if a person does not have late night would they be able to forgo some of the NPC requirements such as the butler.

There are plenty of different NPCs in the base game. No worries.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »
It states that the game is over when the tenth heir is in the tenth house.This is a bit confusing. Does this mean that there is ten heirs plus the founders making eleven generations. If so the first heir will be in the first house along with the founder parents and the tenth heir will be in the ninth house.
If it means ten generations total that would be the ninth heir in the eighth house because the first two generations are in the same house.

Rachel

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »
I have an advantage as I prepared a spreadsheet and so could see how the heir and house thing worked.

The first heir is born in the first house. He fulfils all the moving requirements and moves to the second house, where the second heir is born.  Second heir completes all the moving requirements and moves to the third house, where the third heir is born... etc.

So, the tenth heir wlll be born in the tenth house. The game ends when he has fulfilled all the moving requirements but before he moves to the eleventh house.

I can understand the confusion because I too get confused with generations and to whether or not the founder of a legacy is the first generation or no generation.  In my head, I always think that the first generation begins with the birth of the first child but, from what I've read of the legacy stories elsewhere and how they are numbered, other people don't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
So there is eleven generations all together counting the founder plus ten heirs.

Rachel

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
Yes, you're right, Rachel.

(Sorry was editing my post to mention generations whilst you replied.)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
Wait. Is it possible to move into a house that is inhabited by a townie already? I mean, can the Wolff's baby move to, say, the Alto household in order to marry Holly? Sorry, I am being dumb. :-[

The Edit Town screen is off limits with three exceptions: <--------Hopefully I did not miss anything.
Twinbrook and Bridgeport players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.
Anyone can use Edit Town to place bars, lounges, and the studio in neighborhoods that do have those buildings.

So then the Edit town screen would not be off limits when moving the next generation to the next household as well correct? Since there is no other way to move yourself into another townie home other than edit town or am I wrong?

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
So then the Edit town screen would not be off limits when moving the next generation to the next household as well correct? Since there is no other way to move yourself into another townie home other than edit town or am I wrong?

Proposing marriage to a spouse in the target house is the simplest solution at the point that all moving requirements are done. Then you switch active households. Bada-boom bada-bing you're in business.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »
Proposing marriage to a spouse in the target house is the simplest solution at the point that all moving requirements are done. Then you switch active households. Bada-boom bada-bing you're in business.

But from past experiences they never let me move into the home of the sim I was proposing to. It was always one sided. They could only move in with me and I could never move in with them. I have all the latest patches as well. ???

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
You can move into your spouse's house, you just have to click the arrow to move your spouse and your sim over to their house.  It will only not work if the house you're moving to already has 8 sims living in it.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
Metro, wouldn't Spirits be a collectable? The ones from the Ghost Buster Career?

Do the Founding Parents have the Travelling Allowance? So would the Generation 1 Heir have 20 Days or just the 10? Also is it 1 Day for 1 Sim so Two Sims would Count as Two Days even if they went for 24 Hours or am I just going complicated there? It's just that '(No. Sims x No. Days) on the Score Sheet thing that made me say that.

Can WA Opportunities count as BlackOps?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
This sounds amazing, and complicated, but probably easier to understand once you start putting the info down in the spreadsheet. I'll probably finish up my speed run of the Immortal Dynasty challenge then take a few practice runs of this one before making a real attempt at it to figure stuff out. This really sounds amazing.

I think all my questions were answered so far in the previous posts.  :)