Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643866 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
Thomas - it's like the BB challenge if you take 3 sims for 3 days that's 9 days of vacation used.  According to the spreadsheet we only get 10 days per heir.  The two people we use to beget the heir don't actually count for much other than other household members that can die/hold friends.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
Metro, wouldn't Spirits be a collectable? The ones from the Ghost Buster Career?

Excellent, samo. They could definitely be their own unique item type. Thank you. I'll add those to the rules.

Do the Founding Parents have the Travelling Allowance? So would the Generation 1 Heir have 20 Days or just the 10?

The founding parents are part of household 1. Each household gets 10 days.

Also is it 1 Day for 1 Sim so Two Sims would Count as Two Days even if they went for 24 Hours?

Yes.

Can WA Opportunities count as BlackOps?

This was answered earlier. No.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
Metro are we only supposed to count one of each NPC profession or can we have, let's say, two babysitters but they are both different people count?

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
Metro are we only supposed to count one of each NPC profession or can we have, let's say, two babysitters but they are both different people count?

Good question. It's 10 different NPC professions.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2011, 10:27:24 PM »
Ok let's say that one of the townies is a vampire. Could we still marry them and move in with them as long as the first thing we did was cure their vampirism at the science facility?

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »
might have already been asked, but do the NPC friends have to stay friends with household after visiting?

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »
Oh my goodness. I don't know if it's my time zone or what but it hasn't been 24hours and the thread already has 13pages. I agree with The Webmaster, Metro you have definitely gotten some buzz here. I guess that teaser thing did the trick.

Excellent challenge Metro, just excellent. I don't usually use the townies so this will give me a reason to mess around with them.  If I'm reading it correctly it does seem easier than the Immortal Dynasty. Am I understanding that once you get your heir, do the requirements, and move them out that we're done with that parent house? If so then that's a big reason that it seems easier to me.

I didn't think I was going to try it because Dynasties and Legacies don't seem to get along with me. But I'll try it. I have no idea about the buying property and upgrading it thing so I guess I'll need a crash course in that to move forward. And I'm totally confused on the NPC thing. The 10 BFF's can only be NPC's? But we can't marry NPC's? I need to read it again for the 3rd time I think.

I actually was able to read all the pages and I don't think I saw this brought up but here's some questions:

Ok. I get that the founder home has to be townie occupied with no starter children. And the heir has to marry a townie. But am I reading correctly that they have to move into another townie home? How do we know if the townie that said Sim marries lives in a home already or isn't one of those homeless townies? Without going into the edit town mode?

Secondly, a silly question I guess. It has to be 10 separate homes? Are there that many empty lots/ lots with no children? Can the heir and spouse moving into a house already part of the Dynasty? Like say grandparents house? If there are no children?

I'm not sure if I'm going to wait till Tuesday to start this or get the 1st attempts out the way while I wait. I was kind of planning to do a fresh install when the game comes. Hmmm.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2011, 11:00:48 PM »
Platnum - You can tell if someone has a house by just going to Map view and looking for the house with the symbol and their name on it when they are at home.  If you are friends with them then you should see a map tag for their house. 

Also the no children thing is only for the first house you start the game with, not the for all the households after that.   And you almost always will move into the house where the spouse already lives, I think. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2011, 11:55:28 PM »
So I take it that the Founder has no requirements for moving?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2011, 02:25:01 AM »
But from past experiences they never let me move into the home of the sim I was proposing to. It was always one sided. They could only move in with me and I could never move in with them. I have all the latest patches as well. ???

When this happens, you're probably trying to marry an NPC, not a townie.  You need to make sure that the one your Sim marries actually lives in a house in town. 

Platnum - You can tell if someone has a house by just going to Map view and looking for the house with the symbol and their name on it when they are at home.  If you are friends with them then you should see a map tag for their house. 

Also the no children thing is only for the first house you start the game with, not the for all the households after that.   And you almost always will move into the house where the spouse already lives, I think. 

Another way to find out is to invite the Sim to visit and quickly ask him/her to leave.  Then you follow with the camera to see where the Sim lives.

So I take it that the Founder has no requirements for moving?

The founder doesn't have to move at all.  The moving requirements start with the first heir.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2011, 03:16:23 AM »
Pam is it ok to move in with a townie who is a vamp as long as I cure them before baby making time? It seems like vampirism hits all the good townies after a period of time.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2011, 03:37:37 AM »
Lol, I leave DeAndre Wolfe for several minutes whilst I go with his Pregnant Wife and now he hates their Butler! They were friends as well!  ::)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2011, 04:19:13 AM »
Pam is it ok to move in with a townie who is a vamp as long as I cure them before baby making time? It seems like vampirism hits all the good townies after a period of time.

I'll have to let Metro answer this one.  The rules state no vampires in the household and I don't know if he wants to make an exception for them to be cured.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
I'm feeling really anxious about the NPC Friends thing, do they have to be Friends at the time of moving or can you just note that you got Friends with them?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2011, 06:01:09 AM »
I'm feeling really anxious about the NPC Friends thing, do they have to be Friends at the time of moving or can you just note that you got Friends with them?

The rules don't say they have to be friends at the time of moving, only that they have to visit your home with the status of friend.  I'd say that once they are friends and visit your home, check it off on the spreadsheet and you're done with that particular NPC.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything