Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651221 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2011, 06:15:33 AM »
Thanks Pam! Julienne is just about to make friends with the Babysitter, they got inturupted by the twins though.  ::)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2011, 06:54:35 AM »
Pam is it ok to move in with a townie who is a vamp as long as I cure them before baby making time? It seems like vampirism hits all the good townies after a period of time.

I'm going to have to say no exceptions to the no vampires rule. It throws an element of randomness in the challenge that will make it tougher. I remember when I was doing my Man Dynasty and I had my sights set on one particular spouse. Bam. They ended up being a vampire and I was forced to switch gears. But, that's a good thing. It makes you a stronger player.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »
Ok I can't tell if my questions got answered or not. Is that a NO to marrying a homless sim? I mean and then move into one of the homes already placed? Is there even enough single townies with homes? Without having to move in with the in-laws? If heir has to move in with the in-laws can I kick the in-laws out to a pre-placed house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »
Ok I can't tell if my questions got answered or not. Is that a NO to marrying a homless sim?

You're always moving into Townie homes. That carries the obvious implication that it's occupied.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »
OK, one last question...

I start off with a single sim household.  She decides to marry someone from a household with a family - can he bring family with him?  Like a parent or sibling?  Or does he have to come alone?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »
About the Townie question, when I reread the rules it says:
3. There are no restrictions to moving Sims in or out of the household, except as stated below:
  • Sims from the previous household may not move in with a later heir, either when he/she moves or after the fact.
So, if the heir first get married, the spouse (resident or homeless townie) will move with him. That means that, when the heir is ready to move in another house, the spouse won't be allowed to follow him.

The most simple solution is indeed to get married after all the moving requirements are met, and to marry a resident spouse whose house will become the new one.

But, what if the town depletes itself from proper resident spouses after several generations?
Is the heir obliged to move to a 'spouse house', or can he move to a 'friend house', if this is possible through the friendly 'ask to move in' interaction? If this last option is conform to the rules, that would ease up a bit the spouse hunting.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »
OK, one last question...

I start off with a single sim household.  She decides to marry someone from a household with a family - can he bring family with him?  Like a parent or sibling?  Or does he have to come alone?

Yes, everyone could move into house #1. But, remember...when heir #1 needs to move to house #2, he/she moves alone.

But, what if the town depletes itself from proper resident spouses after several generations?
Is the heir obliged to move to a 'spouse house', or can he move to a 'friend house', if this is possible through the friendly 'ask to move in' interaction? If this last option is conform to the rules, that would ease up a bit the spouse hunting.

No, the heir is not obligated to move to a spouse house, just a townie house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
There are at least 2 ways to make a town spawn more townies, one from base game and one from Generations. I'm not sure if this would be considered strategy talk so PM me if you want to know. I'll eventually get back to you...

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
OMG why is this moving this so confusing to me? So heir gets married. It CAN be homeless townie as long as when they move its to an occupied townie home? Like a friend or relative? Relative not being the parent? But CAN be a grandparent or sibling?  ???

And since we are working with townies that means that all the family member created are townies as well right?

Argh. I guess I got to go back and read this a 5th time.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
There are at least 2 ways to make a town spawn more townies, one from base game and one from Generations. I'm not sure if this would be considered strategy talk so PM me if you want to know. I'll eventually get back to you...

lvrugger, Dynasties are not part of the Tournament where things are more secretive, so feel free to share right here.

OMG why is this moving this so confusing to me? So heir gets married. It CAN be homeless townie as long as when they move its to an occupied townie home?

Right. You always move to a Townie home. Just keep telling yourself Townie, townie, townie ;) If you move to an empty lot or an empty house...whatcha got? No townies.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
I'm still a bit confused about this DecaDynasty thing. Gonna read the rules a few more times and maybe I'll get it!  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
I'm still a bit confused about this DecaDynasty thing.

It's definitely the "thing" part that's getting most players. The thing part even confuses me. But, if you could be more specific after reading the rules gimme a shout. ;)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
Ok Metro that helps. I don't think I can go wrong with that. That's a good start. I'll probably be back when it comes to that property ownership thing. I am all set with that awesome spreadsheet. OMG I don't know if I can wait till tomorrow. I wanted to wait until Generations because I don't want the random toss of memories on the pre-existing families. But I'm so itching to get started.

So far I'm all into Chronic and Tom's thread. I love how they just dove right in there. Wish I was that brave. I get upset when I have to delete a family. And I don't like having files growing dust. Yes yes I am weird and I do need to seek some medical attention.

Jinx13

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
I have read all the pages on this forum and i don't believe anyone asked this. 

Say you have been playing and you are getting ready to move the 3rd generation out into a new home.  Can you move him into the house the 1st generation grew up in if the family living there has changed?

I would think yes because of new townies but I wasn't sure if we needed to have new homes along with townies or not.

Thanks

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
Yeah I asked about moving in to grandparent's house since they weren't the house the heir grew up in but I assumed that they weren't considered townies after you start playing with them so the answer was no. I hadn't gotten a response otherwise.

anything