Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643853 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »
Thank you Pam!
I'm starting this on the weekend.
*mutters*You can do this Seabody, you can do this.*/mutters*

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2011, 06:14:01 AM »
Look at the top of this page I think Pam answered it.
Oh, silly me :D

Another question - could generation 1 paint portraits, and keep passing them down through they heirs, and put them in say the 8th house? Or does the collection need to come from that household?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:57 AM »
Another question - could generation 1 paint portraits, and keep passing them down through they heirs, and put them in say the 8th house? Or does the collection need to come from that household?

Check #10 again under Moving Requirements, Alexandria_. Read every word carefully. If you still don't see your answer let me know.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2011, 06:44:14 AM »
@ Alex -

No items left can be from previous households.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »
Thanks Tom... and Tom :D
I have to keep reading over those rules - it's quite a bit for me to take in at once!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2011, 06:54:34 AM »
@ Metro - Is it alright to use Generations 1's Property as a Museum Area as well and put Portraits, Sculptures or Photographs?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2011, 07:34:52 AM »
@ Metro - Is it alright to use Generations 1's Property as a Museum Area as well and put Portraits, Sculptures or Photographs?

Yeah, if there's a new Property in Generations (I have not purchased my copy yet) that would certainly qualify to help with the one Moving Requirement. Leaving paintings, sculptures, and photographs there is fine, but that can't be a replacement for the 10 items you still need to leave behind in homes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »
Oh Lol, I meant as in Heir 1's Bough Property!  ;) I don't get mine till Friday or Saturday.  :-\

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
I have few questions not asked so far I think:
-Is moodlet manager banned?
-Can I buy registers in built menu/comunity buildings while upgrading purchased properties?
-Can I leave on lot planted plants, purchased things by heir (nectar machines, martial arts equipment, recipe books etc) or at least by some other household member?
-Does first spouse have to be parent of the heir (for example, my 3.gen heir just turn adult and marry his old friend who is elder for a while, after she dies he marry some cute homeless girl and produce a heir - I know I can't extend life before next generation is born, and that there is a small risk that adult Sim will die before his elder wife).

This is much harder then immortal dynasty - more skills and opps in less time, and since I haven't played townies till now, I might start with this soon. Thanks for great challenge Metro!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »
I have few questions not asked so far I think:
-Is moodlet manager banned?

No.

-Can I buy registers in built menu/comunity buildings while upgrading purchased properties?

Yeah, I don't see why not.

-Can I leave on lot planted plants, purchased things by heir (nectar machines, martial arts equipment, recipe books etc) or at least by some other household member?

Sure, just remember that the value of the #10 Moving Requirement is no more than the 10 items you leave behind.

-Does first spouse have to be parent of the heir...

As long as you follow the established rules of an heir being born within 10 days of starting a house and the heir being born to two Sims living in the house and Trying For Baby then you're fine.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »

Sure, just remember that the value of the #10 Moving Requirement is no more than the 10 items you leave behind.

I asked because in rules you stated that "These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. " Items I asked about are only buyable in WA locations, so I'm not shore if they fit in this rule. This would include books etc from Consingment store. If other household member buys them, then they are not counting in those 10 items Requirement?
I ask this because if my first household get several plants in perfect state I would like to be able to step by and harvest those after movement. Also, not needing to travel for skilling equipment, or having nectar machine in neighborhood can save days of traveling in WA locations, plus some opportunities are easier to fulfill (again because of limited time in WA locations). If I find masterpiece in consingment store, it would be nice to visit grandma and read a masterpiece on sunday evening and get that honor roll faster, without having a (very skilled) writter in a family.

About register - if I place nectar register in Central park, Sim will start working there and sell nectar making machine, and relic register will sell geode, septarian nodule and metal ores.

PS Parent's just have to live in same house, not acctually be married? That means I can have my Sim live with her husband and her lover who will father the child :o What a drama! I assume they could then get a divorce and kick out the ex to move in that cute girl instead of waiting for old spouse to die?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
I asked because in rules you stated that "These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. " Items I asked about are only buyable in WA locations, so I'm not shore if they fit in this rule. This would include books etc from Consingment store. If other household member buys them, then they are not counting in those 10 items Requirement?

We're talking about two different things I think. Let's say your 1st Heir is going to SuperMax nectar-making and buys a nectar-making machine from France. He can't take it with him to house #2. You could sell it when it's time to move, but I don't want players to have to go through the trouble of remembering if things need to be sold. So, just leave it. It does not conflict with rule #10. Those 10 items are to be looked upon as things you leave in one lump sum for the requirement and their value is figured as a group. Anything else you leave — don't worry about. Keep it simple.

About register - if I place nectar register in Central park, Sim will start working there and sell nectar making machine, and relic register will sell geode, septarian nodule and metal ores.

That's a great idea. Go for it. One of the perks of having World Adventures.

PS Parent's just have to live in same house, not acctually be married? That means I can have my Sim live with her husband and her lover who will father the child :o What a drama! I assume they could then get a divorce and kick out the ex to move in that cute girl instead of waiting for old spouse to die?

There are no marriage requirements. Personally, I do not get into all the drama and wild scenarios that some of you do. Just follow the stated rules under Adding to Your Household.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »
I'm confused again, are we not allowed to take anything like furniture to the new house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:43 AM »
    Once again, folks, read the rules carefully. Chances are you missed something...

• Heirs can only move with Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »

There are no marriage requirements. Personally, I do not get into all the drama and wild scenarios that some of you do. Just follow the stated rules under Adding to Your Household.

Thank you Metro for all the answers! Specially since I like all of them! As for drama part, it is actually escape plan if there is no townies you really want to marry your Sim with (or they are all elders or same gender).
Now only thing left is to convince myself to try Bridgeport for this challenge :)