Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643570 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
    Once again, folks, read the rules carefully. Chances are you missed something...

Heirs can only move with Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves.
You may need to reword that.
I read it as they're not allowed to take other people's Lifetime Happiness rewards with them.
So, for example, I thought it meant that if Sim A gets the collection finder, Sim B can not move out with it.
I didn't understand it as not being allowed to furniture/other things with you - just as LTH rewards, if you get what I mean.

I do understand it now, I'm just pointing out how I read it before you brought it up.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »

You may need to reword that.
I read it as they're not allowed to take other people's Lifetime Happiness rewards with them.
So, for example, I thought it meant that if Sim A gets the collection finder, Sim B can not move out with it.
I didn't understand it as not being allowed to furniture/other things with you - just as LTH rewards, if you get what I mean.

I do understand it now, I'm just pointing out how I read it before you brought it up.

Okay. I'll make it perfectly clear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
Thanks Metro :)

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
I just have one quick question. when you say the heir must be an adult when  they move out, do you mean a Young Adult of Adult?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
I just have one quick question. when you say the heir must be an adult when  they move out, do you mean a Young Adult of Adult?

Adult. The stage after YA.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »
I just have a few clarifications before I start my DecaDynasty. First, is the "Roomies" Household okay to use. (the one with Blair, Stiles, Emma, and Cycl0n3) My only doubt was that Blair's parents live in town, too. I don't think there'd be a problem, but I just wanted to be sure.

Second, with the moving Sims out. I can move Stiles and Emma out of the house if I wanted, correct?

Third, with #2 of the moving requirements. Does that mean that the heir must be friends with 10 service NPCs? It's worded weird to me, and I just wanted to clarify.

I'm sure I already know most of these answers, but I just want to be on the safe side.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
I just have a few clarifications before I start my DecaDynasty. First, is the "Roomies" Household okay to use. (the one with Blair, Stiles, Emma, and Cycl0n3) My only doubt was that Blair's parents live in town, too. I don't think there'd be a problem, but I just wanted to be sure.

It's the household that matters. As long as there are no children or multiple generations in the household you're fine.

Second, with the moving Sims out. I can move Stiles and Emma out of the house if I wanted, correct?

If they're going to be the parents of the first heir then they need to be in the house at the time of the birth. Aside from that, yeah, you can move them out.

Third, with #2 of the moving requirements. Does that mean that the heir must be friends with 10 service NPCs? It's worded weird to me, and I just wanted to clarify.

10 different NPCs. Take a look at Gheez's spreadsheet and the example she outlines. It's easier to see in black and white.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2011, 05:48:12 AM »
Do the Best Friends have to be at the time of moving as well or do we just have to make sure we got to Best Friends with them, I need to know before I have DeAndre ask to be just friends with his Old Lover who still have maxed relationship even though they have not seen each other ever in my game.  ;)

My DecaDynasty Family is being hectic, Lol. I have never had a worse family to look after! Butler doesn't clean, he is hated by all and I keep forgetting to fire him. Talking of Fire my count is at Six in Four Days and am about to remove the Fireplace! One Burgulary and now Julienne has a Baby Sister and Elder Parents whom one is a Vampire. Not to mention that Julienne is now Pregnant and it's going to be Multiples probably. Oh the Joys, thank you Metro!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:02 AM »
One Burgulary and now Julienne has a Baby Sister and Elder Parents whom one is a Vampire.

Do these elderly vampire parents live in the same household as the current heir?

Sure, just remember that the value of the #10 Moving Requirement is no more than the 10 items you leave behind.

I don't understand what you're saying here.  I don't see anything in the #10 Moving Requirement about the value needing to be more or less than anything.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2011, 06:02:51 AM »
Do these elderly vampire parents live in the same household as the current heir?

No, Julienne lived with her Parents at the start of the game, I'm in Twinbrook, I started my DecaDynasty as DeAndre Wolf who loves on his own, Julienne moved in with him, her Mother turning was from Story Progression. Her Father is still a Normal Sim as is her Toddler Sister.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2011, 07:18:21 AM »
I don't understand what you're saying here.  I don't see anything in the #10 Moving Requirement about the value needing to be more or less than anything.

I did not phrase that well, Pam. I meant that when computing the score for each house, that only the 10 items in the #10 requirement were counted.

Offline Theo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
What a marvelous challenge. Thank you!

Now for a newbee question: Is gender selection (apples | watermelon) of the heir allowed?

Thanks again for a great event!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
What a marvelous challenge. Thank you!

Now for a newbee question: Is gender selection (apples | watermelon) of the heir allowed?

Thanks again for a great event!

Hi Theo. Yep, gender selection is up to you.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2011, 12:12:45 AM »
Man I don't know if I was more or less confused before I read the latest threads. Whew! Things I thought were simple became more complex. And then what I thought I understood I'm a bit shaky. It may just be cold feet. I finally have time to install my games. I don't know why it's taking so long but slow and steady as they say, right? I'm just going to dive right in. Hopefully I have to start over a zillion times.

I'm on WA installation right now. I just bought that one today. Thought it was time now that I had Generations. It was the last EP I needed. Now on to the SP's. And then Barnacle Bay. What is that anyway? EP? SP? I digress...

Going to read rules again while waiting.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2011, 01:59:17 AM »
Ok I've read the rules for the hundredth time. It said nothing about getting married and then moving out. Does that mean that is not an option? Like if you don't do the move thing when the box comes up you messed up? More so a clarification than a question I guess.