Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643954 times)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
Apologies if this has already been asked (I did skim through the board and didn't see this specific question) but as there are no life-extending restrictions on the non-heirs are we allow to age them up via the Birthday Cake?  I know it says birthday cakes can only be used on actual birthday's but I assume this must be for heirs.

Also could Gnomes be 1 of the 10 items left behind? (i.e. 10 Mystery Gnomes of the same or mixed type).

Thanks in advance :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
Apologies if this has already been asked (I did skim through the board and didn't see this specific question) but as there are no life-extending restrictions on the non-heirs are we allow to age them up via the Birthday Cake?  I know it says birthday cakes can only be used on actual birthday's but I assume this must be for heirs.

That's a global rule that covers your entire household.

Also could Gnomes be 1 of the 10 items left behind? (i.e. 10 Mystery Gnomes of the same or mixed type).

Thanks in advance :)

Another great suggestion. Thanks a bunch!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
Metro say you left paintings as your Unique Items for Generation 1 can another Generation leave Paintings behind but not count them? Just because they don't want to take them with them to their new house?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
Metro say you left paintings as your Unique Items for Generation 1 can another Generation leave Paintings behind but not count them? Just because they don't want to take them with them to their new house?

If you check the wording of the rule, samo, you'll note the rule says you can only leave behind 10 items. No more.

-------

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. I think this came up before, and my clarification for someone else was that the 10 items are strictly interpreted for the moving requirement. IN other words, your generation 1 could not leave 11 paintings, only 10. So, another generation would need to leave 10 non paintings for the moving requirement. But, I suppose if you'd want to leave other stuff, that would be up to you.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »
Wait so you can't leave any furniture behind? I meant that Generation 1 has Paintings as the Moving Requirement, Generation 4 has leaves Sculptures but marries an Artist. Can Generation 5 leave the Spouse Parent's Paintings behind when they need to move out, on top of the actual Sculptures that will be the Unique Items?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
Wait so you can't leave any furniture behind? I meant that Generation 1 has Paintings as the Moving Requirement, Generation 4 has leaves Sculptures but marries an Artist. Can Generation 5 leave the Spouse Parent's Paintings behind when they need to move out, on top of the actual Sculptures that will be the Unique Items?

Yes, but for that house only the sculptures value count, not the paintings. You already counted paintings in house 1.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
Yes, but for that house only the sculptures value count, not the paintings. You already counted paintings in house 1.

Okay Thanks.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
I have a quick question.  Does the male/female dancer count as an NPC?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
I have a quick question.  Does the male/female dancer count as an NPC?

Ah, yeah. These are new NPC that are spawned with the Generations Bachelor/Bachelorette parties? Yeah, I don't see why not.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Monika Morris just met and married a homeless townie am I alright to carry on. Funny thing is he is a mixologist and the poor love has no where to work as my town doesn't have the late night buildings.

Another question would Monika's mixologist spouse count as a the heirs NPC friend requirement. Or say for instance in the future she remarries a maid would he count as the NPC requirement or are spouse not allowed for that.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »
Monika Morris just met and married a homeless townie am I alright to carry on.

Yeah, he obviously moved into Monika's home, right?

Another question would Monika's mixologist spouse count as a the heirs NPC friend requirement. Or say for instance in the future she remarries a maid would he count as the NPC requirement or are spouse not allowed for that.

Rachel

Well, I never thought of that actually. So, since I never said no in the rules, I'll say it's fine.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2011, 09:04:23 PM »
Is it okay to take a vacation within the first ten days of the moving period?  For example, I'm thinking about sending Tamara Donner to one of the foreign countries to find a husband after I start the game. It seems within the rules to me -- but I just wanted to make sure.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »
Is it okay to take a vacation within the first ten days of the moving period?  For example, I'm thinking about sending Tamara Donner to one of the foreign countries to find a husband after I start the game. It seems within the rules to me -- but I just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, that's fine. It all counts against the 10 days allowed for household #1.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2011, 09:40:24 PM »
Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »
Yeah, he obviously moved into Monika's home, right?

Ok so the founding Sim can marry homeless Sim? But after that the heirs have to marry townies with their own residence?

anything