Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643543 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »
Ok so the founding Sim can marry homeless Sim?

Sure, that's fine. The 10-day heir #1 clock starts ticking as soon as you start playing the initial house, so that means you would need to bring in the homeless Sim in short order.

But after that the heirs have to marry townies with their own residence?

Right. If you pick a starting family like Sunset Valley's the Wolff's like I did it's a no brainer situation. The Andrews would also fall into that neat and tidy category — married Sims in the same house with no kids. But, some players want specific Sims in that initial house or do not like any of the available choices, that's fine.

But, yeah, once the heir is born, changing active households is reserved for when heirs move and heirs can only move into an occupied Townie home. If it weren't that way, then a lot of the "townie" flavor of the event would be lost.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
Ok. First let me say I have wanted to try several of these challenges but always seem to come upon them after they have been running awhile. I'm glad to get in on the ground floor of this one   ;D  Second this is my first post although I have been "lurking" for some time now.  I love this forum and the guide... Thanks so much to all of you for all your time and effort.  Now on to the questions... you had to know i'd have some   ;)  I have read all 28 pages and have not seen these asked yet.

Rule #3-Normal age length setting.  Generations allows you to tweak the setting for each age span.  Can we do this as long as the days even out? For example, you can make the baby stage and elder stage shorter and lengthen the ya or adult stage?  I'm assuming we have to play with default age lengths?

Moving Req. #9-Rounded or obelisk aquired from natural death.  How do you get those types of stones?  I have always gotten the smaller flat ones.  Also do accidental deaths ie. electrocution count as natural or do they have to be elder deaths?  I understand you can't intentionaly kill a sim by starving or drowning but some accidents happen.  My son just lost an entire wedding party due to a meteor.  He had to start whole game over again.

I think thats it for now.  Just had to reinstall entire game due to crash and this challenge gives me the desire to get back into it, and leave the mods out this time.  Thanks in advance for your help  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum simsally!
With the age setting, I'm pretty sure you have to leave it on the default settings that come when you start the game.
For how to get bigger graves, just make your sims as happy as possible while they're alive. I know there's a certain LTHP amount required for each, but I don't know them.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
@simsally, welcome to the forum.

Rule #3-Normal age length setting.  Generations allows you to tweak the setting for each age span.  Can we do this as long as the days even out? For example, you can make the baby stage and elder stage shorter and lengthen the ya or adult stage?  I'm assuming we have to play with default age lengths?

No, do not mess with the defaults. The default lengths are based on a Normal length game setting and each stage length is the same as a non-Generations Normal length.

Moving Req. #9-Rounded or obelisk aquired from natural death.  How do you get those types of stones?  I have always gotten the smaller flat ones.  Also do accidental deaths ie. electrocution count as natural or do they have to be elder deaths?

Accidental deaths do qualify. Of course, the tombstone size requirement is the bottom line. Tallstar is correct in that it's all based on happiness points accrued up to the point of death. I want to say it's 75k points plus completing the LTW to be eligible for the biggest one. It may be 150k points. It really should not be too difficult assuming your heirs will be the ones that pass on — they'll be the household members you pay attention to the most and will obviously have the highest happiness points. Personally, I will not be extending the life of any of my heirs for just this reason.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
Thank you so much TallStar and Metropolis Man for the quick answers and welcome. I have the rules and spreadsheet downloaded and i'm all ready. (I hope) Now to go make some heirs. Just hope those simmies cooperate. ;D

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2011, 08:50:06 AM »
Ok, one more question. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I was just reading the tournament challenge threads and someone asked about the nomosaic hack and was told it was not allowed in those challenges.  I assume its not allowed here either?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Ok, one more question. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I was just reading the tournament challenge threads and someone asked about the nomosaic hack and was told it was not allowed in those challenges.  I assume its not allowed here either?

Hacks/mods are not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
Do tattoo artists, stylists, and consignment shop clerks also count as NPCs?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »
Do tattoo artists, stylists, and consignment shop clerks also count as NPCs?

Hmmm...kind of a tough call because it's often your standard townies that fill those roles and with "NPCs" what you're seeking are not your stock family members, but the service Sims that are spawned.

@Pam, do you have an opinion? The thing is I've seen Cornelia Goth as a Consignment Shop clerk a ton of times. She's not an NPC — at least in the sense for this event. She's a townie.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:23 PM »
Hmmm...kind of a tough call because it's often your standard townies that fill those roles and with "NPCs" what you're seeking are not your stock family members, but the service Sims that are spawned.

@Pam, do you have an opinion? The thing is I've seen Cornelia Goth as a Consignment Shop clerk a ton of times. She's not an NPC — at least in the sense for this event. She's a townie.

I think they should be left out.  Those clerks are always townies, so they have a home in town.  NPCs don't have a house anywhere. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »
So, they are always townies. Okay. They definitely will not be put on the list then. Works for me. Thanks, Pam.

Sybilla

« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
This might seem really stupid, but are metals, space rocks and gems counted as different things? Or are they just 'things that you dig up'?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
This might seem really stupid, but are metals, space rocks and gems counted as different things? Or are they just 'things that you dig up'?

Yes, they are different unique item types. So, you could leave 10 gems at house #1, and then 10 metals at house #2, for example.

Dusty_Monk

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »
7. Each heir needs to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property must be fully upgraded before the heir moves.

Does this mean the heir has to be the household member that "makes the phone call" or "uses the computer" to make the purchase? e.g. Could Thornton Wolff complete this for the 1st heir on week 1 day 1?

Do these have to be unique for each heir or could each heir potentially purchase the same building and property?

Would some/one of the NPCs joining the household affect requirement #2?

Do the 10 Best friends from requirement #3 have to be non-household members? If so, could they have previously been a household member?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »
Does this mean the heir has to be the household member that "makes the phone call" or "uses the computer" to make the purchase? e.g. Could Thornton Wolff complete this for the 1st heir on week 1 day 1?

It's really more of a household thing — each household needs to make those 2 separate purchases, so I don't care who makes the purchase. I may have said heir in the rule, but it does not matter.

Do these have to be unique for each heir or could each heir potentially purchase the same building and property?

They need to be different as in the Immortal Dynasty. Switching active households after moving may indeed allow you to purchase the same property again. I'm not sure on that. But, just think of it in terms of logic — it doesn't make sense if you can do that, so don't do it.

Would some/one of the NPCs joining the household affect requirement #2?

If an NPC becomes a household member, then they're no longer NPCs. So, yes, it most definitely affects rule #2 — you need 10 NPCs at the time the heir is to move. All of those would have to be outside the household. You're free to bring NPCs into the household, no problem. But, that changes their status.

Do the 10 Best friends from requirement #3 have to be non-household members? If so, could they have previously been a household member?

I'm not quite following you. When the heir is ready to move examine the relationships of all household members. If you count up 10 different Sims that are Best Friends (household members are fine) you're fine. Clear?

anything