Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 650649 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
ok so i accidentally had my founder join a band. Being that it was only one day maybe I should start over. Is there a way to undo it?

If your Founder asked someone to form a band, then you can simply kick out that Sim the next time your founder and Sim gets together.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »
This challenge is so much fun. I have a question though.
Can an heir max a skill that another heir is going to supermax? I'm asking because they can't in the Immortal Dynasty and I need to know if I can get my sim to Level 10 in the Logic Skill.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:23 PM »
5. Heirs must SuperMax a unique skill—no other heir can SuperMax the same skill. SuperMax means that not only is the skill maxed, but all related skill challenges have also been completed.

All maxed skills for the heirs must be unique.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
I thought that anyone could max a skill but only one could supermax the skill. Like only one could complete all the challenges and stuff. I remember this being a big discussion in the Immortal Dynasty thread. The difference between max and supermax.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
I thought that anyone could max a skill but only one could supermax the skill. Like only one could complete all the challenges and stuff. I remember this being a big discussion in the Immortal Dynasty thread. The difference between max and supermax.

It's true that the definition of SuperMaxing a skill is that your Sim completes all of the challenges in the journal, along with reaching level 10.  However, it also has to remain a unique maxed skill.  If your founder SuperMaxes cooking, no other heir can even just max cooking.  You can't let it go to level 10 or it will disqualify that skill for the founder.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
Aahhh. Thanks for clarifying that Pam. I'm glad this question was brought up again. Because I would have been mad if I had to scrap my whole dynasty because of something so small.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:04 AM »
Metro, I've hit a bug. The portrait panels for the offspring are all just green squares and they are not selectable. I have a save about 2 sim weeks ago that is still working. Can I go back to that or should I just start over? I'm only 4 weeks in at that save, so it's not a 5-generation loss.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »
Metro, I've hit a bug. The portrait panels for the offspring are all just green squares and they are not selectable. I have a save about 2 sim weeks ago that is still working. Can I go back to that or should I just start over? I'm only 4 weeks in at that save, so it's not a 5-generation loss.

Did you recently travel in this game?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2011, 03:30:22 AM »
I traveled in the save that won't open. The one that opens is my save right before the travel. I usually save before and after traveling due to bugs.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2011, 03:38:38 AM »
I traveled in the save that won't open. The one that opens is my save right before the travel. I usually save before and after traveling due to bugs.

Ok, sounds like that nasty travel bug, which is a technical difficulty out of you control.  Go ahead and use the previous save.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
My heir went to China and when she came back I noticed she had a child in China. I know this is a bug but will it interfere with anything? I know it will definitely be annoying to see it in the family tree.

Also, those 10 BlackOps are driving me crazy! My heir needs 2 more before she can move. I've even had her learn a new skill!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »
My heir went to China and when she came back I noticed she had a child in China. I know this is a bug but will it interfere with anything? I know it will definitely be annoying to see it in the family tree.

So, the child was not added to the household? The child is only listed in the family tree? If that's the case, I'd say forget about it and treat it like it never happened. But, I've also heard that vacation bugs can simply become nightmares and lead to real game wreckers (invisible Sims, etc).

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2011, 06:36:52 PM »
So, the child was not added to the household? The child is only listed in the family tree? If that's the case, I'd say forget about it and treat it like it never happened. But, I've also heard that vacation bugs can simply become nightmares and lead to real game wreckers (invisible Sims, etc).
I have had my sims become invisible a couple of times but reseting them works out. Although I did open the game once and only could control my heir!
EDIT: Another question. Can your heir move into a household with vampires in it but turn those vampires into normal sims or move them out? I'm asking this because my heir only has a few eligible bachelors but they all have vampires in the household.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
Could we use Edit Town to place the new play ground that came with Generations?  Or the Library that is now available for download from the Sims 3 Store?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
Could we use Edit Town to place the new play ground that came with Generations?  Or the Library that is now available for download from the Sims 3 Store?

Sure, that's fine.