Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643273 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »
Metro, I think you missed Gogowars' last question.  I'm not comfortable answering it.  Actually, I forgot the answer. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
I deleted my last post to avoid contradicting myself because after giving the whole vampire issue some more thought — I'm relaxing the rule. Vampirism spreads like a plague through a town and I can actually see someone failing their DecaDynasty due to not being able to move into a vampire-free home. That would be stupid. I'm holding firm on no vampire spouses — even if you could immediately cure them — it's a no go. Vampires/former vampires cannot be spouses. But, I'm willing to allow heirs to move into a house where anyone but the potential spouse could be a vampire provided all vampires are moved out the day the heir moves in. I'm off to edit the rule now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2011, 10:07:26 PM »
@Metro:

Have you asked Carl to put the DecaDynasty rules on the Guide with the Immortal Dynasty rules?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
@Metro:

Have you asked Carl to put the DecaDynasty rules on the Guide with the Immortal Dynasty rules?

I did when I originally posted them here, but I will remind him.

ColliCub

« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2011, 11:27:54 PM »
Hi... first up, I think this is a cool dynasty challenge, although I confess to having to read every page of this forum topic to fully understand the rules.

I started my Dynasty last night, but I kinda made a slip up... I'd turned 'Aging Off' for a previously loaded game, and assumed it would be automatically re-enabled with a new game, but apparently not; I didn't realize until two days after my first heir was born. I'm going to have to start again, aren't I?  :-[

BTW, since this is my first proper attempt at a challenge, what are BlackOps exactly? I get that they refer to Opportunities in careers, school etc., but what makes them BlackOps, as opposed to regular Opportunities?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »
BlackOps are purely a term. There is no difference - Only the fact that there is a game call Call of Duty: BlackOps. Also, it's a military term. Metro recently defined this in the Immortal Dynasty thread.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »
Hi... first up, I think this is a cool dynasty challenge, although I confess to having to read every page of this forum topic to fully understand the rules.

BTW, since this is my first proper attempt at a challenge, what are BlackOps exactly? I get that they refer to Opportunities in careers, school etc., but what makes them BlackOps, as opposed to regular Opportunities?
This is a challenging challenge but it lots of fun! I know from experience!

Adding on to what Seabody said, a BlackOp in this challenge is a normal opportunity. Although, each heir needs to complete 10 different Oportunities that no other heir has completed before they can move.
Example: Sim A has completed the Unclog Pipes opportunity. No other heir can do that opportunity.
Edited to include correct information.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:39 AM »
No. No other heirs can do that Opportunity.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »
I started my Dynasty last night, but I kinda made a slip up... I'd turned 'Aging Off' for a previously loaded game, and assumed it would be automatically re-enabled with a new game, but apparently not; I didn't realize until two days after my first heir was born. I'm going to have to start again, aren't I?  :-[

Yes, you'll have to start again, this time with the proper aging setting.

Adding on to what Seabody said, a BlackOp in this challenge is a normal opportunity. Although, each heir needs to complete 10 different Oportunities that no other heir has completed before they can move.
Example: Sim A has completed the Unclog Pipes opportunity. All the other heirs can do that opportunity but not add it to their BlackOps.
(Metro Man: Correct me if I'm wrong)

This is incorrect.  If an heir does the Unclog Pipes opportunity as one of his BlackOps, no other heirs can do that opportunity at all.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »
Good question. It's 10 different NPC professions.
\
My first heir moved but had multiple repair technicians as friends as I didn't know about this rule. Does this mean I have to restart?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »
\
My first heir moved but had multiple repair technicians as friends as I didn't know about this rule. Does this mean I have to restart?

If the rule was unclear to you then I guess it's partially my bad. Just make sure it's 10 different NPC professions from now on. I'll edit that rule for clarity.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: July 07, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
If the rule was unclear to you then I guess it's partially my bad. Just make sure it's 10 different NPC professions from now on. I'll edit that rule for clarity.
Thank you so much!
EDIT: Can you have an heir leave behind 10 spirits from the Ghost Hunter Career? Also if your heir is a gardener, could they leave behind money bags?

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2011, 12:06:24 PM »
Great minds think alike. I too thought of Agnes at first, actually. ;D
Must be because Agnes is in the center of the picture in the first page.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
Thank you so much!
EDIT: Can you have an heir leave behind 10 spirits from the Ghost Hunter Career? Also if your heir is a gardener, could they leave behind money bags?

Sorry I missed your edited questions from earlier, Gogo...but the answer to both is yes.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
Metro, can you have sims move into the house? As in have your starting pair ask someone to move in. I'm asking as my heir and her husband are elders and they only just had kids and if they'll die and I'll lose control and my decadynasty will end.