Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643538 times)

dragonic2020

Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
Anything that has the potential to extend life would be banned for heirs in the DecaDynasty. In the Immortal Dynasty once an immortal has eaten Ambrosia then they're free to do minor things such as tattoos or makeovers, but some of the new Generation stuff would eliminate the need of eating Ambrosia altogether, so that is not allowed — i.e. the age freeze thing. Non-heirs in the DecaDynasty are free to do whatever tricks they want. Immortal Dynasty non-immortal household members still cannot prolong lifespan.
So that means all potions other than "Young Again" and "Age Freeze" can be used?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
So that means all potions other than "Young Again" and "Age Freeze" can be used?

Right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Rachel's talking about feeding an Omni plant books that have been found or stolen and having the resulting book "fruit" count as a collection. So, as long as the books fed to the plant are not bought, she's fine.

But when would the collection be considered complete?  The other collections that count toward being able to move out have a specific number of items that are part of the collection.  For example, a metal collection would include all the available metals in the game, right?  So you know it's a complete collection when your Sim has gathered each metal.  If you're feeding random books to the Omni plant, when it the collection complete?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »
Pam,as far as I am aware the heir just needs to leave ten items of a specific type behind. For instance you could leave ten time machines or ten paintings. I think the idea is for the player to attempt to make these items as valuable as possible and at the end of the challenge the total of all the collections is added up.
For instance I plan on my first heir having a collection of mounted fish.  My second might very well have a collection of ten ice sculptures.

I believe I am on the right track with this but I am sure Metro will correct me if I am wrong.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
Thanks, Rachel.  I was just confusing myself for some reason.  So, never mind.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »
But when would the collection be considered complete?  The other collections that count toward being able to move out have a specific number of items that are part of the collection.  For example, a metal collection would include all the available metals in the game, right?  So you know it's a complete collection when your Sim has gathered each metal.

Rachel is spot on. We're not talking about completing collections. How would that "complete" logic to paintings or sculptures? It can't. It's simply 10 of a particular type/class of item.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
Metro would souvineers from school field trips count as a collection. Of course you would have to have more then one child in the family in order to get ten items I think.

Also would a collection of books written by one of the family count as a collection. I am not a hundred percent sure if when an author gets a copy of the book in the mail if they are worth anything.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »
Metro would souvineers from school field trips count as a collection.

I guess that would qualify as its own item type. Sure.

Also would a collection of books written by one of the family count as a collection. I am not a hundred percent sure if when an author gets a copy of the book in the mail if they are worth anything.

I'm not sure on that either, Rachel. But, books written by Sims definitely qualify.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
I am not a hundred percent sure if when an author gets a copy of the book in the mail if they are worth anything.

Rachel

I did notice that one of my Sims had the option at the Consignment Store to sell his copy of a book he had written.  So, yes, they are worth something.  The book in question wasn't worth much, but it was the first and only book he had written, so I assume books written by level 10 writers would be worth more.  It would be interesting to try it with a Masterpiece book.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Machete Girl

« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
Hello. I am New to the Sims and to forums. I have been playing Sims 3 and all the expansions for a year. I love it!! For the past year I have been reading all the forums I find and learning all I can about this complicated world of Simming. I want to thank Carl and Pam and all the others who put so much hard work and dedication in putting up these cites and forums.  ;D  
I just updated my video card and reinstalled the game and expansions and all the fun stuff that comes with playing this game  :) I don't play with mods, although I am interested in the [edited--MM] mod.(?)
I am here because I want to try this challenge but it's so confusing at first. There is a difference between townies and in game families? Townies are like the Goth family? They live in the town already? I have always created/played my own sims. It says traits and lifetime wishes are open, but don't townies come with their own traits and wishes?
My other confusion is with black ops?? I have been trying to find a definition of these. What makes it a black op? what is it?
I did read the beginning questions of this forum bet never quite found a satisfying answer. Thank you for any help.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
I am here because I want to try this challenge but it's so confusing at first. There is a difference between townies and in game families? Townies are like the Goth family? They live in the town already? I have always created/played my own sims. It says traits and lifetime wishes are open, but don't townies come with their own traits and wishes?
My other confusion is with black ops?? I have been trying to find a definition of these. What makes it a black op? what is it?
I did read the beginning questions of this forum bet never quite found a satisfying answer. Thank you for any help.
Welcome to the forum Machete Girl!

A BlackOp is an opportunity that only one heir has done and has added to their 10 BlackOps. No other heir can do that opportuniy.

Townies live in the town when the game starts but in-game families would be the ones you place into the town. Traits and Lifetime Wishs are open for future generations as they are under your control from when they are born.

I hope this can help.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
Townies are sims that the player did not create - like the Goth family. The Goths are not allowed as a starting family, however, because they have a child.
I believe Traits and Lifetime Wishes refer to heirs.
BlackOps are opportunities. It's purely a term. Your BlackOps are opportunities no heir can do again.
And of course, welcome to the forum!!

EDIT: Gogo beat me. Our answers are the same, however.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »
Hi Machete Girl. Welcome to the forum. I needed to edit you specifically naming a mod. That's against forum rules just so you know.

There is a difference between townies and in game families? Townies are like the Goth family? They live in the town already?

Townies and in game families are one and the same. So, yes, the Goths would be townies.

I have always created/played my own sims. It says traits and lifetime wishes are open, but don't townies come with their own traits and wishes?

They do, but you're free to change those if you have the happiness points necessary to buy those rewards.

There are no true "BlackOps" in the game. It's a term I coined for the Immortal Dynasty and the DecaDynasty to differentiate the necessary opportunities your heirs/immortals have to complete from run of the mill opportunities. You're basically claiming certain opportunities as unique to an heir and part of their moving requirements. That's what makes them BlackOps and special.

-------

EDIT: Lol. After typing this up for 5 minutes I hit submit anyway. Thanks for covering for me, guys.  ;)

Machete Girl

« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
Thank you all. Everyone seems very nice on this forum.
@ metro man- thanks for the edit (Newbie mistake) and info. I'm going to give it shot. I'll be back with questions I'm sure.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2011, 05:51:50 AM »
I just read this in the rules:
# The only items Heirs can move with are Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves. No other objects.

Just to clarify my gardener heir would not be allowed to take any of his/her fruits or veggies when he moves. Shame because I had the idea that my nectar making Sim would benefit from some of those plants. But never mind my gardener will just have to start his garden again.

By the way I haven't reached this stage yet I am just planning ahead.

Rachel