Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643513 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #405 on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
I just read this in the rules:
# The only items Heirs can move with are Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves. No other objects.

Just to clarify my gardener heir would not be allowed to take any of his/her fruits or veggies when he moves. Shame because I had the idea that my nectar making Sim would benefit from some of those plants. But never mind my gardener will just have to start his garden again.

By the way I haven't reached this stage yet I am just planning ahead.

Rachel

Rachel, couldn't you just take the Gardener Heir back to his old house for a visit and then harvest his old plants? Or is that considered cheating?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: August 04, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
I think I might just have my gardener establish his garden on his purchased property. I think that will be allowed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
I think I might just have my gardener establish his garden on his purchased property. I think that will be allowed.

Rachel

Definitely.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
When I originally read the rules for this challenge, I was blown away. It sounds so hard! But I'm thinking of doing it now that I'm a little more experienced with the ins and outs of the game. I just read the entire thread and I want to double check on these things.

1. WA cash registers can be added to the property an heir is trying to upgrade. This way nectar makers, septarian nodules, etc can be bought without going on vacation.
2. The founder does not have to marry a townie because he/she IS a townie. However, all heirs must move into a new townie home.
3. Using Edit Town to move an heir with completed requirements into a townie home is banned.
4. Books found/stolen--but not bought--from a WA location can be grown by Omni Plant and these books can count as a collection.
5. Money bags count as a collection.
6. Rewards from school count as a collection.
7. Gems and metals count as two separate collections.
8. No heir can max another heir's SuperMax skill, but other household members aren't held to this restriction.
9. Duplicate items in a collection are allowed.
10. NPC's no longer count towards the NPC requirement if they move in with you.
11. Household members can count as Best Friends.

Correct me if I am wrong with any of these and add anything I may have missed. I just think it would be nice to condense all the questions and answers in this thread to one post.

I have additional questions as well.

1. With Gardening, would the Omni Plant books count as a "fruit" collection or a "book" collection (written by a household sim) or would it be a separate collection altogether? Also, does the money bag collection count as "fruit" collection? For example, could I leave money bags as one and Life Fruits as another collection?
2. With household members' friendships, I imagine each member can only be counted once? If mom, dad, and heir are all best friends with the heir's sibling, that sibling counts as one best friend requirement. However, mom, dad, and sibling (as long as someone in the house has a best friend status with them) each count for one best friend, three total. I'm also assuming that the heir cannot count as a best friend for the household. Correct?
3. For the NPC requirement, is it correct that the NPC must make a visit to the home AS a friend, or can they visit and then become friends later via phone?
4. Do space rocks count as their own collection, or would they be included in either gems or metals?
5. Is the My Best Friend allowed as long as you move the Simbot out immediately?
6. Are we allowed to add lots from Generations, Town Life, or the EA Store (Gothique Library)? I mention this because in Riverview before Nightlife lots are added, there are exactly eight properties. What I mean is that if you don't want to add Nightlife lots, there aren't enough lots for the ownership requirement in Riverview for this challenge.
7. Are seed spawners allowed to be placed in Barnacle Bay? I don't mean like a hoard in one place, but maybe some sort of outline to go on. Something like, no more than four on one lot, no more than three of the same kind on one lot, and no more than ten lots can be edited for this purpose. It would require using buydebug, but that would free up another neighborhood for people to play in if they really want to pursue Gardening.

I know this is a lot of stuff and I'm going to thank you all ahead of time for looking at this big list of mine. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
When I originally read the rules for this challenge, I was blown away. It sounds so hard! But I'm thinking of doing it now that I'm a little more experienced with the ins and outs of the game. I just read the entire thread and I want to double check on these things.

1. WA cash registers can be added to the property an heir is trying to upgrade. This way nectar makers, septarian nodules, etc can be bought without going on vacation.
2. The founder does not have to marry a townie because he/she IS a townie. However, all heirs must move into a new townie home.
3. Using Edit Town to move an heir with completed requirements into a townie home is banned.
4. Books found/stolen--but not bought--from a WA location can be grown by Omni Plant and these books can count as a collection.
5. Money bags count as a collection.
6. Rewards from school count as a collection.
7. Gems and metals count as two separate collections.
8. No heir can max another heir's SuperMax skill, but other household members aren't held to this restriction.
9. Duplicate items in a collection are allowed.
10. NPC's no longer count towards the NPC requirement if they move in with you.
11. Household members can count as Best Friends.

Correct me if I am wrong with any of these and add anything I may have missed. I just think it would be nice to condense all the questions and answers in this thread to one post.

Yes to everything.

1. With Gardening, would the Omni Plant books count as a "fruit" collection or a "book" collection (written by a household sim) or would it be a separate collection altogether? Also, does the money bag collection count as "fruit" collection? For example, could I leave money bags as one and Life Fruits as another collection?

Anything you harvest from a plant is fruit, so "fruit" would be one collection.

2. With household members' friendships, I imagine each member can only be counted once? If mom, dad, and heir are all best friends with the heir's sibling, that sibling counts as one best friend requirement. However, mom, dad, and sibling (as long as someone in the house has a best friend status with them) each count for one best friend, three total. I'm also assuming that the heir cannot count as a best friend for the household. Correct?

Maybe. Lol. After I read that my head hurt. But, basically if you're asking if you cannot double up on friends, yeah, that would be too easy. If dad claims mom as best friend, then mom can't turn right around and claim dad as best friend too.

3. For the NPC requirement, is it correct that the NPC must make a visit to the home AS a friend, or can they visit and then become friends later via phone?

The important thing is that the NPC is friends when the heir needs to move.

4. Do space rocks count as their own collection, or would they be included in either gems or metals?

Space rocks are their own collection.

5. Is the My Best Friend allowed as long as you move the Simbot out immediately?

That's fine.

6. Are we allowed to add lots from Generations, Town Life, or the EA Store (Gothique Library)? I mention this because in Riverview before Nightlife lots are added, there are exactly eight properties. What I mean is that if you don't want to add Nightlife lots, there aren't enough lots for the ownership requirement in Riverview for this challenge.

I would prefer you only alter towns with what the rules allow.

7. Are seed spawners allowed to be placed in Barnacle Bay? I don't mean like a hoard in one place, but maybe some sort of outline to go on. Something like, no more than four on one lot, no more than three of the same kind on one lot, and no more than ten lots can be edited for this purpose. It would require using buydebug, but that would free up another neighborhood for people to play in if they really want to pursue Gardening.

No.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »
Thank you very much Metro. I think I'm going to start making a strategy now. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2011, 02:53:01 AM »
9. Heirs must acquire a short, rounded tombstone or the larger obelisk resulting from the natural death of a household member. The ground plaque does not qualify (the smallest size). Tombstones must be placed on the lot before moving. 

Regarding the "household member" part, how exactly is this defined?
If Agnes Crumplebottom marries Christopher Steel, and moves in Blair Wainwright, before producing Fiona Crumplebottom to be heir, are only Agnes and Chris eligible to be tombstone-makers, or can Blair be one too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »
If Agnes Crumplebottom marries Christopher Steel, and moves in Blair Wainwright, before producing Fiona Crumplebottom to be heir, are only Agnes and Chris eligible to be tombstone-makers, or can Blair be one too?

Technically, Blair would qualify because the rule does not specify that the household member who dies needs to be a parent.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2011, 06:42:10 AM »

Yes. There is no relationship (i.e. being married) requirement to the tombstone rule. As long as someone is a household member, then their death and resulting tombstone is fine.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Here's a new question: are the descendants of the people you helped in the Time Machine considered eligible for the NPC requirement? They don't live in town, so they're not townies.

Also, do the NPCs have to hold those jobs at the time the heir moves out? Maids retire, newpaper deliverers grow up, etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2011, 10:48:08 AM »
Here's a new question: are the descendants of the people you helped in the Time Machine considered eligible for the NPC requirement? They don't live in town, so they're not townies.

I don't think so. They come across to me as something entirely different. You can't call them to come over for a visit, right?

Also, do the NPCs have to hold those jobs at the time the heir moves out? Maids retire, newpaper deliverers grow up, etc.

They need to be NPCs at the time of moving which means they do need to hold the job that gives them that designation.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Actually, you can invite them over (the descendants of the people from the time machine). But if they're not NPCs, that's fine; I'll just use them to meet the 10 best friends requirement.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
Actually, you can invite them over (the descendants of the people from the time machine). But if they're not NPCs, that's fine; I'll just use them to meet the 10 best friends requirement.

Interesting. That's an element of the game I have yet to explore so I had no idea. But, yeah, they don't hold any kind of NPC position/job, so they're obviously not in that category.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #418 on: August 06, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »
Metro I asked a question about placing new lots from Generations and the Gothic Library and you said it was ok, here

Are we no longer allowed to?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: August 06, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
Metro I asked a question about placing new lots from Generations and the Gothic Library and you said it was ok, here

Are we no longer allowed to?

Oops. Yeah, definitely don't want to contradict myself. Okay, I'll edit the rule set now.