Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643258 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #420 on: August 06, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »
Metro, would you be allowed to start with the Angelista Family in Bridgeport? Lala is the mother of Tiara and Tiara would be the one to have the next generation. Would that be allowed or would I have to move out Lala?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #421 on: August 06, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »
Any family with children is not allowed. So no.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #422 on: August 06, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
@Gogowars, Seabody is correct.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2011, 03:16:34 AM »
@Gogowars, Seabody is correct.
Thanks Seabody and Metro. Am I allowed to use Tiara but move Lala out straight away?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »
Gogo, I wanted to use Juliennce Knack but she lives with her parents since I was going to have her marry DeAndre anyway I chose him to start me off and then moved in Julienne that way, I play Juli way more than DeAndre because he is always working and sleeping so I get who I wanted.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:24 AM »
Thanks Seabody and Metro. Am I allowed to use Tiara but move Lala out straight away?

Sorry Gogo.  It will still be a no because you're choosing a house against the first second rule.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2011, 03:36:57 AM »
Gogo, I wanted to use Juliennce Knack but she lives with her parents since I was going to have her marry DeAndre anyway I chose him to start me off and then moved in Julienne that way, I play Juli way more than DeAndre because he is always working and sleeping so I get who I wanted.  ;)
Sorry Gogo.  It will still be a no because you're choosing a house against the first second rule.
Thanks guys! I guess it's time to go start my DecaDynasty now that I know who I can't choose and that kind of stuff!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2011, 03:39:11 AM »
Thanks guys! I guess it's time to go start my DecaDynasty now that I know who I can't choose and that kind of stuff!

Gogo, you're brave! Two DecaDynasties, a Dynasty and a Legacy! :o Way to go!

Ahem. Sorry you couldn't start with Lala, but there is a huge collection of volunteers bachelors in BP so I think you'll find someone who'll like her. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #428 on: August 07, 2011, 05:16:28 AM »
Oops. Yeah, definitely don't want to contradict myself. Okay, I'll edit the rule set now.

Thanks Metro :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline icrawbeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #429 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »
As always, looks like fun.  Per usual, I have questions for clarification--I'm a stickler to the rules so I want to make sure I understand!

1) The heir Supermaxes a skill (which just means they have reached level 10 and have completed all the associated skill challenges with it) then the following heirs cannot MAX out that skill.  Sim A Supermaxes cooking so Sim B has to stop at level 9?  Or can Sim B not even touch the cooking skill?

2)What is the difference between building and property purchase?  And what is the upgrading?  I assume the buildings are the bookstore, bistro, etc.  Can you modify these, other than the names, after they have been purchased without going into Edit Town mode?  Isd the property the fishing spots, parks, etc?  Again, is there an option for editing them after they have been purchased?  What counts as an upgrade?  Someone previously mentioned cash registers which would mean we would have to go into buydebug correct?

3) Once the heir has obtained a gravestone of the appropriate size, the rules state it must be placed on the lot--which one?  The new one or the old one?

4) The unique items being left can be collected by ANYONE in the current household?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #430 on: August 07, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
1) The heir Supermaxes a skill (which just means they have reached level 10 and have completed all the associated skill challenges with it) then the following heirs cannot MAX out that skill.  Sim A Supermaxes cooking so Sim B has to stop at level 9?  Or can Sim B not even touch the cooking skill?

No, the skill is not of limits. It simply can't be maxed again.

2)What is the difference between building and property purchase?  And what is the upgrading?  I assume the buildings are the bookstore, bistro, etc.  Can you modify these, other than the names, after they have been purchased without going into Edit Town mode?  Isd the property the fishing spots, parks, etc?  Again, is there an option for editing them after they have been purchased?  What counts as an upgrade?  Someone previously mentioned cash registers which would mean we would have to go into buydebug correct?

Basically, buildings are purchased as is (rabbit holes) and properties are the open lots that can be upgraded.

3) Once the heir has obtained a gravestone of the appropriate size, the rules state it must be placed on the lot--which one?  The new one or the old one?

All moving requirements deal with the current house/household, so you're leaving a tombstone in a house, and then you'd move.

4) The unique items being left can be collected by ANYONE in the current household?

Yep. Rules state that everyone can pitch in on that requirement.

Offline icrawbeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
Thank you!  I've decided to play in Twinbrook which means I need to add a book coral (I assume this is a book shelf with the skill books in it?)  Where might I find this?  I was looking around for it and cannot seem to find one that is specific to the library.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
The book corral is a specific bookcase that, when added to a library, contains all the skill books.  It's the same bookcase you can buy for your Sim's home, but when it's on a residential lot it doesn't have all the books.  To add it to the library, go to Edit Town and then Buy/Build for the library.  You can recognize the bookcase by the fact that it is open on the sides. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: August 09, 2011, 03:56:52 AM »

The rabbit hole buildings can only have their name changed, nothing else.  The properties can be upgraded from the Map View without going into Edit Town.  You click on the property and it will give you the option to upgrade.  You can also check to see what upgrade requirements are needed to get to the next level.  It will be things like a picnic table, toilet, sink, etc.  You can also add things that you just want to add, like maybe a play area for children.  All items will be available in the buy/build mode during upgrade.  No need to access Buydebug, which requires using the testing cheats that are against the rules anyway.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »
Cash registers are available in the build section only after you have purchased your property.  They should be in the community objects section that only shows up on community lots.  I think that's what someone was referring to not the ones you get from buydebug.  Buydebug is a cheat and therefore banned from the challenge.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything