Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643401 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #435 on: August 12, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
Do adventures abroad count as Black Ops? (At first, I thought yes, but I'm beginning to think no).

Also, Rachel, you mentioned a plan to put a garden on a purchased property. I just tried to plant something, and the computer said I could only plant things on my home lot. However, you can harvest things from a house you moved out of.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #436 on: August 12, 2011, 04:55:44 PM »
Do adventures abroad count as Black Ops? (At first, I thought yes, but I'm beginning to think no).

I believe they don't. Because they certainly do not in Immortal Dynasties.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #437 on: August 12, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »
Thanks, Chronic! -- you saved me reading through 120 pages under the Immortal Dynasty Challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #438 on: August 12, 2011, 05:09:16 PM »
Thanks, Chronic! -- you saved me reading through 120 pages under the Immortal Dynasty Challenge.

You're welcome, Marian. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:22 AM »

Also, Rachel, you mentioned a plan to put a garden on a purchased property. I just tried to plant something, and the computer said I could only plant things on my home lot. However, you can harvest things from a house you moved out of.

Thank you for the heads up I guess my gardener will just have to start his or her garden again when it comes to it. Not the end of the world by all means.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

jcalandra

« Reply #440 on: August 13, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
What an enjoyable challenge. :)  It serves my attention span well.  I do have one question, however.  Since we can add the playground from Generations to our town through Edit Town, would it be too much of a stretch to assume we can also place the new community lots that come with Town Life Stuff as well?  Apologies if this has already been questioned.  I searched the thread and could not find anything.  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #441 on: August 13, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
What an enjoyable challenge. :)  It serves my attention span well.  I do have one question, however.  Since we can add the playground from Generations to our town through Edit Town, would it be too much of a stretch to assume we can also place the new community lots that come with Town Life Stuff as well?  Apologies if this has already been questioned.  I searched the thread and could not find anything.  :)

I believe (though I may be wrong) Metro said No in the Immortal Dynasty, so I would assume it carries over here too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #442 on: August 13, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

I asked that question a little while ago. This is what Metro said:

I would prefer you only alter towns with what the rules allow.

Meaning only Generations and Gothic Library, as stated in the rules.

4. The Edit Town screen is off limits with three exceptions:
  • Twinbrook and Bridgeport players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
  • Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.
  • Anyone can use Edit Town to place bars, lounges, and the studio in neighborhoods that do not have those buildings. And anyone can place Generations playgrounds and the Gothic Library as well.

jcalandra

« Reply #443 on: August 13, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Thank you, Seabody and MoonsAreBlue.  That's saved me the time and trouble of searching further and I appreciate it.  I do have a few more questions (this being my first DecaDynasty):

1.  As far as collecting unique items goes, do we count the original value of the object or the final value before moving the heir to a new household?  This is more for paintings and furniture, which appreciate/depreciate. 

The technical answer seems to be to count the values just before the move, but.. *whiny* I've chosen to collect stolen furniture with the Bagleys for fun.. slowly realizing this venture might not be in my favor. :)

2.  I noticed that Tourists are listed as NPCs, but not Explorers.  Unless this is implied, Explorers should probably be listed as well to save future Simmers from confusion in this regard, because they seem to be two different types of NPCs though I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is exactly.

3.  Can heirs marry townies from travelling destinations, given that they are not NPCs?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: August 13, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
I do have another question: as far as collecting unique items goes, do we count the original value of the object or the final value before moving the heir to a new household?  This is more for paintings and furniture, which appreciate/depreciate.

It would be the current value at moving time.

jcalandra

« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
That clears things up.  Thanks.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: August 14, 2011, 02:57:19 AM »
Why is the Gothic Library allowed to be placed, but not the Olympian Gym and the new buildings in Town Life?  They're all the same thing as the Gothic Library...  replacements of existing town buildings.  If the Olympian Gym has something that the original gyms don't have, I can see that.  But not being able to place a new restaurant or book store or whatever?  Doesn't make sense to me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21:57 AM »
Why is the Gothic Library allowed to be placed, but not the Olympian Gym and the new buildings in Town Life?  They're all the same thing as the Gothic Library...  replacements of existing town buildings.  If the Olympian Gym has something that the original gyms don't have, I can see that.  But not being able to place a new restaurant or book store or whatever?  Doesn't make sense to me.

There's no reason aside from the fact that no one has brought it to my attention. ;) And I don't even own the Town Life expansion, so I'm in the dark. But, you brought it up, so I'll make the edit. :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #448 on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
There's no reason aside from the fact that no one has brought it to my attention. ;) And I don't even own the Town Life expansion, so I'm in the dark. But, you brought it up, so I'll make the edit. :)

I think that rule should follow as... "All additional EA-created buildings are allowed to be placed in a town using Edit Town". Just saying. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #449 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:56 AM »
I think that rule should follow as... "All additional EA-created buildings are allowed to be placed in a town using Edit Town". Just saying. :)

Well said. Done.

--------

EDIT: WOW! I don't get excited very often but Chronic you made my day.

• Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.

I just was able to completely eliminate that rule with your suggestion. Simpler is always better. Now to hop over to the Immortal Dynasty ruleset.