Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643869 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
Hehe, you're welcome Metro, always here. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
Awesome! So now we can add those buildings in both this challenge and the immortal one? I enjoy the Town Life Buildings so much. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Well said. Done.

--------

EDIT: WOW! I don't get excited very often but Chronic you made my day.

• Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.

I just was able to completely eliminate that rule with your suggestion. Simpler is always better. Now to hop over to the Immortal Dynasty ruleset.

This just made my day.  I am waiting to start my next attempt at this challenge until Hidden Springs is released (in less than 2 weeks).  Being able to place any of the EA provided lots is a wonderful idea. 

To build on this, is it possible to place EA provided bin families in the world?  This would only be for the few families from EA, not for any other custom downloaded families.  If not that's okay, but since they are provided by EA it would be the same as playing EA households that are already in the world. They would only be able to be placed in empty houses that they could afford, no freerealestate to put them in expensive houses, etc.  ;D  ::)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
This just made my day.  I am waiting to start my next attempt at this challenge until Hidden Springs is released (in less than 2 weeks).  Being able to place any of the EA provided lots is a wonderful idea.  

To build on this, is it possible to place EA provided bin families in the world?

Well, that would make sense, but for now let's not. There should be plenty of options for players to choose from without opening that up. I'm honestly not disagreeing with the concept, Teresa. I'm just keeping things simpler for now.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
Well, that would make sense, but for not let's not. There should be plenty of options for players to choose from without opening that up. I'm honestly not disagreeing with the concept, Teresa. I'm just keeping things simpler for now.
Simple is good, just had to ask though.  ;D
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

jcalandra

« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »
Left unanswered:

2.  I noticed that Tourists are listed as NPCs, but not Explorers.  Unless this is implied, Explorers should probably be listed as well to save future Simmers from confusion in this regard, because they seem to be two different types of NPCs though I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is exactly.

3.  Can heirs marry townies from travelling destinations, given that they are not NPCs?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
I would think that heirs would be unable to marry Sims from other countries as the heir has to move into a townie house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
Left unanswered:

2.  I noticed that Tourists are listed as NPCs, but not Explorers.  Unless this is implied, Explorers should probably be listed as well to save future Simmers from confusion in this regard, because they seem to be two different types of NPCs though I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is exactly.

That makes sense.

3.  Can heirs marry townies from travelling destinations, given that they are not NPCs?

Rachel is right. That's not going to work because you typically move into a potential spouse's house.

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:04 AM »
Quick question! Looked for an answer, but couldn't find one and since I'm a newer Late Night player I may have missed it in the Immortal Dynasty thread.

As far as the Ops go do the celebrity Ops count? They're so frequent that I assume not, but I want to be sure.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
Quick question! Looked for an answer, but couldn't find one and since I'm a newer Late Night player I may have missed it in the Immortal Dynasty thread.

As far as the Ops go do the celebrity Ops count? They're so frequent that I assume not, but I want to be sure.

I believe so, as they do in Immortal Dynasties. Just be sure to not have two heirs complete the same one or you're doomed, lol.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
Celeb opportunity do count but like Chronic said make sure you write them down and don't let any of your other heirs do them. If it were me I would only use celeb opportunities for an heir that works in the film industry or has the LTW of lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Yeah I think I'm just going to avoid them unless I'm desperate for an opportunity. Thank you!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Just wanted to check on something before I did anything that ruined my attempt. Are there any restrictions on Mid-Life Crisis? I Control+F'ed each page of this thread and I didn't see anything specific.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
I just checked the rules, cause I know that's banned for the Immortals in the Immortal Dynasty, but:
"5. You’re free to choose any traits and use Lifetime Happiness Rewards to change traits and Lifetime Wishes"
So it's not banned here.  ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Thanks, Esther. I feel silly for having overlooked it, but that was because I was skimming the rules for Mid-Life Crisis. Oops!