Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643339 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
You're welcome! Don't feel silly, everyone overlooks something!  :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #466 on: August 19, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with aging in their decadynasty. My family are aging properly but I have an awful lot of townies still alive that shouldn't be. For instance Sims still alive and kicking include Emma Hatch,Thornton Wolff,Cyclon,Stiles Magraw,Leighton Sekemoto,Pauline Wan,Blair Wainwright etc etc. They all look like they are still in the young adult stage.

The problem of course if nobody gets older my heir won't be able to meet any new friends or new NPCS any suggestions people.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with aging in their decadynasty. My family are aging properly but I have an awful lot of townies still alive that shouldn't be. For instance Sims still alive and kicking include Emma Hatch,Thornton Wolff,Cyclon,Stiles Magraw,Leighton Sekemoto,Pauline Wan,Blair Wainwright etc etc. They all look like they are still in the young adult stage.

The problem of course if nobody gets older my heir won't be able to meet any new friends or new NPCS any suggestions people.

Rachel

I believe Rica had something alike Rachel. I call it the DecaDynasty bug now.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »

I've seen that in my Immortal Dynasty (I think). I just recently got the notification MaryKay Shallow was about to die.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
I think I may have to restart my dynasty. I have been playing for awhile this evening and noticed that people were aging,it seemed to be taking longer then usual but they were aging. So I decided that I might be able to work round the problem then right in front of my eyes my current heir,Briar's,age reset. She was two days from elder one minute the next she is right back to the beginning of adulthood. She hadn't done anything to reset her age.
So if my own family is messed up I just don't think I can work around this problem.

Rachel

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that Rachel. :'(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Thank you Esther,luckily I am only on generation two so it is best to stop now rather then later. I will complete a decadynasty.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
Thank you Esther,luckily I am only on generation two so it is best to stop now rather then later. I will complete a decadynasty.

Rachel
That's the spirit!
Then again, we sure wouldn't be true simmers if we gave up after try #1. What would we do with our lives?!?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
That's the spirit!
Then again, we sure wouldn't be true simmers if we gave up after try #1. What would we do with our lives?!?
Very very true. I'm on #5 of my Dynasty.  ::)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2011, 02:51:07 AM »
Very very true. I'm on #5 of my Dynasty.  ::)

She means Immortal Dynasty, not Townie DecaDynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2011, 04:50:05 AM »
Rachel, sorry to hear that, those glitches simply suck. :(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline icrawbeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
The BlackOps challenges have to be specific to the skill that we are working on..is that correct?  I'm currently working on fishing and don't seem to be getting many oprions for that.

Also, can we add families to the town?  All the women in my town are either elders or vampires!  Soes adoption count for an heir?

Finally, do the NPC have to be friends with the family, or just show up at their house?  The grim and a robber came but I couldn't talk to either of them!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
The BlackOps challenges just have to be different for each heir. You can pick them up through skills, work, or some special challenges.

Sorry, but you can't add families. I can't remember who posted about getting new people into town, but basically, if you send children to school, have them keep meeting new friends, and if someone has a job, have that person keep meeting new co-workers. Also, if you read the paper every day, you'll get the names of new families who have moved in.

Yes, you do have to be friends with them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »
The BlackOps challenges have to be specific to the skill that we are working on..is that correct?  I'm currently working on fishing and don't seem to be getting many oprions for that.

Also, can we add families to the town?  All the women in my town are either elders or vampires!  Soes adoption count for an heir?

Finally, do the NPC have to be friends with the family, or just show up at their house?  The grim and a robber came but I couldn't talk to either of them!

Marian answered most of your questions, but also, no an heir can't be adopted. They have to result in natural birth. I have trouble getting BlackOps, too. What I did, though, was decide ahead of time that I wasn't going to use any of the instruments as SuperMax Skills and make sure all the heirs know at least a point in each. Guitar, Piano, Drums, and Bass each have a variety of Opportunities and they seem to spawn pretty often for me.

Offline icrawbeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
So I can do 5 that relate to fishing and 5 that relate to popularity as long as no other heir as done them?

anything