Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643374 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #495 on: August 22, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
Coming out of lurkerdom to say this challenge looks awesome. My least favorite part of Sims is building a house from scratch, and I love that this challenge lets you really explore a town and get to know all of the houses and families.

I read all the rules and got one started, and realized I was a bit over my head. I started with Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan. I had Hank and Pauline throw a bunch of parties and make a ton of friends. I changed Hank's LTW to Super Popular. I made my heir a loner, hates-the-outdoors, bookworm, and got her working on the writing skill. Then I realized, I'll need Hank or Pauline to die before my heir can move out, and then I'd lose half of the household's friends. (Duh.) I've kept going in the game I already started, following more the spirit of the challenge than the actual rules. :) I love my heir too much. She's married Sam Sekemoto and just gave birth to the second heir. I feel like I'm invested in the whole town rather than just one family, and it's been a lot more fun.

I will start a new game and stick to the rules. I think I'll have my first heir super max out charisma, so then he/she can have all of the friends and I won't have to worry about relationships dying with a family member. What families does everyone like to start with? I thought picking a young couple would be smart, but I could see why that would be difficult, too. I'd hate to be done with all the requirements, waiting around for a sim to die, praying that my heir's fiance doesn't become a vampire. 

You know, another wise strategy is, in case you don't want to wait for a household member to die, ask some elder to move in when your heir is still teen or YA and here you go, when they die you have the tombstone requirement ready. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
This is my stratagy in my decadynasty I started with Madison Vanwatson and had her marry Dustin Langarek I like to call him big tombstone man his only purpose,other then bringing forth the heir,is to die a very happy man.
The heir will be busy working on the supermax skill. I will have at least one spare child who will spend their time making friends and meeting NPCS once the heir gets to the young adult stage. I see no point in worrying about friends until then.
Obviously black ops is all down to the heir.
Then because the heir cannot marry until adulthood the whole getting a big tombstone is pretty much taken care of because the heir will have loads of happiness points and therefore they can die a happy Sim.

Edited to ask a question. Metro would tattoo artist count as an NPC it says on the Sims wiki that tattoo artists are played by homeless townies much the same as paparazzi are so would both of these count as NPCs.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »
Rachel, that's a good point. I think every time I've played a stylist, the tattoo artist has been a non-townie. I'll check my game.

jamsau38, You don't necessarily have to supermax charisma. With about 5 or 6 points, the Sims make friends instantaneously.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »
jamsau38, You don't necessarily have to supermax charisma. With about 5 or 6 points, the Sims make friends instantaneously.

Really? I never knew that will have to try. So much time spent trying to make friends. :-X
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »
The don't make friends instantly, but it puts them about halfway there. I always use ask about career, ask about alma mater, ask if single, BAM! friend status.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »
The don't make friends instantly, but it puts them about halfway there. I always use ask about career, ask about alma mater, ask if single, BAM! friend status.

Very true. A strategy I like to do is make someone learn at least one point in Charisma via mirror or Town Hall and then make them throw a series of parties. Then I make my sim talk to everyone to work on the Charisma skill a little and if you throw a really good party, you get a pretty decent relationship boost with everyone who attended. Using this strategy is a really good way to raise the relationship bar with only 4 or 5 parties. In addition, socializing will get your Charisma skill up, so if anyone dies, you'll be right around level 5 or 6, which means it will be easy to make new friends if you need to.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
Metro,in case you did not see my question. Can tattoo artists count towards the NPC requirement if they are played by a homeless townie.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Metro,in case you did not see my question. Can tattoo artists count towards the NPC requirement if they are played by a homeless townie.

Rachel

Oops. Sorry, Rachel. I did miss it. Yeah, tattoo artists are fine as an NPC. Whether or not they are homeless does not factor into the equation really.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2011, 05:39:46 AM »
If it is alright I have compiled a list of NPCS.

Base game
Babysitter.
Burglar.
Ghost.
Grim Reaper.
Fireman.
Magician.
Maid.
Mail carrier.
Paper girl/boy.
Pizza deliverer.
Police Officer
Repair man.
Repo Man.
Science geek.
Social Worker(this can include the adoption service and child protection worker)

Ambitions
Tattoo artist.

World Adventures
Explorer.
Merchant.
Tourist.

Late Night
Bouncer.
Butler.
Mixologist.
Paparazzi.

Generations
Party Dancer.

This is all I can think of if anyone else can think of anymore let me know. I just thought this would help people with the NPC requirement.

Rachel

Edited on the 26th of August.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: August 23, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
The Merchants are not NPC's, I don't think. In my Legacy I married Wu Xio into my Legacy and she was a Book Merchant but she also lives with her Sisters in a House in Shang Simla.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #505 on: August 23, 2011, 06:23:14 AM »
Yeah that's correct but as long as they are merchants they are NPCs, right?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: August 23, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »
Most of the NPC can be married into a family and made playable the maid for instance. But you wouldn't be able to start a fresh game and play as one of the merchants but you would be able to start a game and play as one of the townies.

Rachel

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #507 on: August 23, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
I thought the adoption service, child protection worker, and social worker were all one person?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: August 23, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
I thought the adoption service, child protection worker, and social worker were all one person?

They can be but there are different Sims that do those Roles, so there are normally two Social Workers but people may be confused if they are an Adoption Service not a Social Worker.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #509 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
So if they kind of are the same, I thought two of the same kind of npc was ruled out?

anything