Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643405 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #540 on: September 05, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »
I have a question pertaining to written books. Say I want to leave 10 books as my collection. Am I only allowed to use the free copy that comes in the mail? Or can I go to a foreign area, order another copy from a computer, bring it home, and count that book towards the collection? Me theory is that traveling will increase the value of the book upon returning home.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »
I have a question pertaining to written books. Say I want to leave 10 books as my collection. Am I only allowed to use the free copy that comes in the mail? Or can I go to a foreign area, order another copy from a computer, bring it home, and count that book towards the collection? Me theory is that traveling will increase the value of the book upon returning home.

Very sneaky. :) Give it a shot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #542 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Very sneaky. :) Give it a shot.

Didn't work. They're still the same value when returning home. :/ On the same topic, I've noticed that over time, the value of the written books depreciate. Are we allowed to purchase new ones via the computer just before moving so that we can count them at full price when tallying the simolean amount? I still have the original free copies in a bookshelf, just in case.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #543 on: September 05, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Didn't work. They're still the same value when returning home. :/ On the same topic, I've noticed that over time, the value of the written books depreciate. Are we allowed to purchase new ones via the computer just before moving so that we can count them at full price when tallying the simolean amount? I still have the original free copies in a bookshelf, just in case.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other as long the collection is completed before moving.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2011, 08:06:25 PM »
Alright! Thanks Metro. I'm having so much fun with this challenge. ;D

saiye

« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
Hi... I've been stalking this site since it started pretty much, as I bought sims 3 on release, but now that my graduate degree is finished, I'm all up ins.

My eyes started watering on page 3, so I apologize if this has been asked, but should we "enable story progression"? Do move-ins count as townies? Or is this option to be turned off for the challenge?

Looking forward to finally participating. It's my present to myself for not running off a cliff during the past 3 years along with Adult Furniture.

Sportsfan

« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I cant answer all of your questions but I can tell you that yes, story progression has to be on at all times.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
hi... i've been stalking this site since it started pretty much, as i bought sims 3 on release, but now that my graduate degree is finished, i'm all up ins.

my eyes started watering on page 3, so i apologize if this has been asked, but should we "enable story progression"? do move-ins count as townies? or is this option to be turned off for the challenge.

looking forward to finally participating. it's my present to myself for not running off a cliff during the past 3 years along with Adult Furniture.

I also welcome you to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay. I understand that this thread is very long, so I don't blame you for not reading it all lol. As Sportsfan said, yes Story Progression needs to be on. I'm not exactly sure why you would ask your second question, though. For this challenge, the townie part of it all is that upon moving to the next household you need to move your heir into a new house. The easiest way is by marrying a townie--someone in the game who lives in a house in your town--because then you will have the option to move into their home once the couple gets married. However, if over the course of the challenge you wish to have someone move in with you, there is no reason that this person has to be a townie, but moving anyone in needs to follow the moving in/out rules.

3. There are no restrictions to moving Sims in or out of the household, except as stated below:

Once a Sim leaves the household, he/she may never be invited back into the household of an active heir.
    Sims from the previous household may not move in with a later heir, either when he/she moves or after the fact.
    The heir must remain within the household until they have completed the requirements to move.
    The only items Heirs can move with are Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves. No other objects.

If you could please explain exactly or specify more what you mean by a "move-in," we could probably help you more.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: September 07, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »
Hi... I've been stalking this site since it started pretty much, as I bought sims 3 on release, but now that my graduate degree is finished, I'm all up ins.

My eyes started watering on page 3, so I apologize if this has been asked, but should we "enable story progression"? Do move-ins count as townies? Or is this option to be turned off for the challenge?

Looking forward to finally participating. It's my present to myself for not running off a cliff during the past 3 years along with Adult Furniture.

Welcome to our Forum, saiye.

Sportsfan is correct.  Story Progression must be turned on.  I just looked at the rules again myself and didn't see it mentioned and it probably should be.  Metro, would you mind looking into this?

Anyway, saiye, if what you mean by "move-ins" is the new people who move to town as the game progresses, yes they are counted as Townies as long as they occupy a house somewhere in town.

I'm a little confused about your reference to Adult Furniture.  What exactly do you mean?

And lastly, I made some changes to your post to correct for grammar and punctuation.  You might want to take a look at the Forum Rules again to understand expectations for posts made here.  Thanks very much and I hope you enjoy this DecaDynasty.  I hope to start mine soon, too.  :)

(Sorry, Moons beat me to the post.)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

saiye

« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:52 AM »
Ahah, it was a poorly worded joke (having my entire post capitalized correctly sort of kills the effect.) Thanks for the tips.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #550 on: September 07, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »
So we let our heirs die off of old age, all of them? And to move the heir needs to be an adult?
They are stupid questions.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #551 on: September 07, 2011, 07:03:47 AM »
Yes, your previous heirs will eventually die off, unless you keep them alive.  Remember though, that someone has to die in the house with enough happiness to earn a medium sized gravestone or bigger (that's at least 75,000 LTH).  Your current heir cannot get married and move into the next house until he has completed all requirements, one of which is that he/she is an adult. 

VampirePlasma

« Reply #552 on: September 07, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »
I got it. Thank you. I was a little confused but it's cleared up now! Thanks a lot!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #553 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
Story Progression is now mentioned in the ruleset in the options section.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2011, 02:59:13 AM »
Question: If I Sim from a previous household dies, can you get their grave from the graveyard if they get a medium of large tombstone?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations