Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643338 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #825 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53:59 AM »
Metro, in my Deca I've bought a moodlet manager for each of the sims. I first bought one for my heir then whenever I needed another sim to use it a sent it to a different sim. When my heir moves, does it matter which Moodlet Manager he takes?

Yes. It has to be a Moodlet Manager he purchased with his own happiness points.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #826 on: December 14, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
Yes. It has to be a Moodlet Manager he purchased with his own happiness points.
Thanks. Guess I've gotta get another Moodlet Manager for my heir as I have no idea which one is his!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #827 on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:27 AM »
Metro does it really matter which Moodlet Manager he takes with him so long as he originally bought a moodlet manager with his own points in the first place.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Sportsfan

« Reply #828 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
Metro does it really matter which Moodlet Manager he takes with him so long as he originally bought a moodlet manager with his own points in the first place.

Rachel
I totally agree. They will be worth the same amount of money after a few days so it just seems like an annoyance to me to have to keep track.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #829 on: December 15, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »

Rachel

Oh, definitely. They're all the same, for sure.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #830 on: December 18, 2011, 06:10:06 PM »
Metro,would things aquired during time travelling trips count as a unique collection.

Rachel

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #831 on: December 18, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
Rachel, I can't speak for Metro, but my guess is that he'll say no because the things you bring back from time traveling are covered by other collections -- metals, gems, books, gnomes. The only exception is the picnic basket, and trying to collect 10 of those would be a lot of trouble. I seems to me that it would be like trying to make a collection of things you dig up with the miner, but again, Metro might have a different opinion.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #832 on: December 18, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »
I thought they might have counted like wedding presents do.
Now that I come to think about it Metro might say that to have things from the time machine it has to be a time machine that you have made yourself rather then just bought at the consignment store.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »
Metro,would things aquired during time travelling trips count as a unique collection.

Rachel

Cool idea that no one thought of before. I have no problems with it. And as far as the source of the Time Machine itself (made vs bought) — does not matter.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
Metro, when we choose our household, if it has two sims say they are both male, when one of them gets married, can the other one swap households with the wife?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #835 on: December 20, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
Metro, when we choose our household, if it has two sims say they are both male, when one of them gets married, can the other one swap households with the wife?

I don't think that would be a problem.  There's nothing in the rules that says you can't have members other than the heir move out, and that's essentially what's happening if the other Sim takes the wife's house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #836 on: December 21, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
I've got a question about SuperMax skills, and I don't know if it's been asked.

I know in the Immortal Dynasty, if an Immortal Maxes out a skill (that is, gets it to level 10), another immortal can't use it as a Supermax.

Is that still true here too?  For an example:  So if Heir 1 SuperMaxes painting, but also gets level 10 in logic, that puts Logic off the table for any later heirs?

My other related question is; if a previous heir gets level 10 (or even supermaxes) a skill via Story Progression, what happens then?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #837 on: December 21, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »
@ Serena

The SuperMax in this dynasty is the same as in the immortal one. If a former heir reaches level 10 in any skill, no future heir can use it as a SuperMax. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone reaching level 10 through story progression, though. I'm not even sure how you would figure out anyways, lol! But that heir is no longer under your control, so it's okay to disregard any skill maxing of heirs in this case. At least this is how I understood it.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #838 on: December 21, 2011, 05:53:13 PM »
@ Serena

The SuperMax in this dynasty is the same as in the immortal one. If a former heir reaches level 10 in any skill, no future heir can use it as a SuperMax. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone reaching level 10 through story progression, though. I'm not even sure how you would figure out anyways, lol! But that heir is no longer under your control, so it's okay to disregard any skill maxing of heirs in this case. At least this is how I understood it.

That's what I figured too, I was just double-checking, as it occured to me when I was playing stupid-late last night.  :)

Though it does make a lot of the Skill-based LTW's difficult, since you've got to juggle 10 different super-maxes rather then 8. :D (Though you don't -necessarily- need to complete someone's LTW.  It does make the tombstone requirement easier, though!)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #839 on: December 21, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »
When we move our heir into the next home, is it okay to take pets with them?