Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643391 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #945 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »
Yes - the sentence was supposed to read "For anyone wanting to do a decadynasty in Lunar Lakes."
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
Sorry fir asking this repeated question, but would it be allowed for me to use that household in AP with Juanita Blanco since they are both already married and she is pregnant?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
Sorry fir asking this repeated question, but would it be allowed for me to use that household in AP with Juanita Blanco since they are both already married and she is pregnant?

No you would not be able to use that household.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #948 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. Also, would a ghost of someone previously living in the household qualify for an NPC friend? (i.e the ghost of whoever is supplying the tombstone)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #949 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. Also, would a ghost of someone previously living in the household qualify for an NPC friend? (i.e the ghost of whoever is supplying the tombstone)

I would think so as long as the ghost is not brought back to the active household via the 'Oh My Ghost' opportunity.  At that point they would be controllable and not an NPC anymore.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #950 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
Metro,I think the Sim gods have it in for me. I have encountered another aging bug wherein nobody was aging in my town. I tried everything I could possibly think of to no avail. I moved my family to Twinbrook and my family are aging again. The Heir had married and had two babies who are currently four days from childhood. Can I continue from this point?

Second question if I am permitted to continue does the stylist count as an NPC or would he or she be considered a townie. I am thinking that befriending one would be a good idea because I know exactly where to find one.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #951 on: February 21, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
Metro,I think the Sim gods have it in for me. I have encountered another aging bug wherein nobody was aging in my town. I tried everything I could possibly think of to no avail. I moved my family to Twinbrook and my family are aging again. The Heir had married and had two babies who are currently four days from childhood. Can I continue from this point?

Yes.

Second question if I am permitted to continue does the stylist count as an NPC or would he or she be considered a townie. I am thinking that befriending one would be a good idea because I know exactly where to find one.

Rachel

The Stylist would be an NPC.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #952 on: February 21, 2012, 06:48:18 PM »
Thank you so much.

Rachel

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #953 on: February 21, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Ok, after a long hiatus from the Sims 3, I'm back and want to challenge myself. This challenge seems like a good start. So I made a new account on this site to start over.

Look forward to the "Simmons" DecaDynasty!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #954 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Kasumitkhs. And good luck with the Simmons. :)

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #955 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Kasumitkhs. And good luck with the Simmons. :)
Thanks Metro.

I read through most of the thread and just 2 questions before I begin this epic journey (sure to be full of failures).

Question 1: Can my single townie founder move out of his/her original house into the house of his/her spouse before pregnancy?

Question 2: "Please take a picture of your 10th heir with the 10 objects in the picture as well." What do you mean by the "10 objects"? Do you mean the 10 sets of objects? Or the 10 objects that the 10th heir leaves behind in his/her house? I ask this cause the previous 9 sets of objects would be next to impossible to access.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #956 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »
Question 1: Can my single townie founder move out of his/her original house into the house of his/her spouse before pregnancy?

This challenge is all about moving requirements for the heir, not your founder. So, I'm not sure I am following you exactly. The typical scenario is you choose a starting house and then the heir is born in that house #1.

Question 2: "Please take a picture of your 10th heir with the 10 objects in the picture as well." What do you mean by the "10 objects"?

The 10 objects in that last house.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #957 on: February 23, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »
Thanks Metro. One last question. I saw this asked but never answered, I think.

Do best friends have to remain best friends at the point when the heir moves out?

The part about NPC friends was answered by Pam.  According to her, once the NPC is friends with a household member, it can be checked off the spreadsheet. Is this the same case for BFFs? Nevermind, ignore that. I can't read.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #958 on: February 23, 2012, 08:19:44 AM »
I thought that the family had to have the ten different NPC friends at moving time. For instance I don't worry about the NPC requirement until my heir is a young adult because it is a possibility that one of the NPC might age up early and pass away.
I also was under the impression that the family had to have ten best friends between them at moving time also.

Rachel

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #959 on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »
I thought that the family had to have the ten different NPC friends at moving time. For instance I don't worry about the NPC requirement until my heir is a young adult because it is a possibility that one of the NPC might age up early and pass away.
I also was under the impression that the family had to have ten best friends between them at moving time also.
O? I thought this was already cleared up earlier? I guess not. Metro? Pam? Help?

And another thing about NPC friends. Rule #2 mentions wild animals can be friends. Do a deer and a raccoon (only 2 NPC animals that can't be adopted) count as 2 NPC friends OR do they count as 1 friend since their "occupation" is wild animal.

anything