Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643994 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #960 on: February 23, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »

2. The household must have 10 different NPC friends (all must have different jobs) at moving time—Maid, Repair Technician, Repoman, Baby Sitter, Adoption Service/Child Protection Worker, Pet Adoption Worker, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Bartender, Bouncer, Pianist, Burglar, Police, Firefighter, Grim Reaper, Newspaper Delivery, Mail Delivery, Science Geek, Magician, Ghost, Tourist, Explorer, Paparazzi, Tattoo Artist, male/female dancers, wild animals.
3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time. There can be overlap with other households’ Best Friends and the NPC requirement can serve double duty here if any are also Best Friends.

I've highlighted the important part of the requirements.  The friends and BFFs have to be friends and BFFS at moving time.  That means when the heir moves they need to be friends and BFFs in those exact occupations so you can't befriend your first mail lady if that mail lady is going to be dead by the time the first heir leaves the house.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #961 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
O? I thought this was already cleared up earlier? I guess not. Metro? Pam? Help?

And another thing about NPC friends. Rule #2 mentions wild animals can be friends. Do a deer and a raccoon (only 2 NPC animals that can't be adopted) count as 2 NPC friends OR do they count as 1 friend since their "occupation" is wild animal.

Ratchie and Ricalynn are correct.  The BFFs and NPC friends have to be at that level at moving time.

As for the wild animals, I say that deer and raccoon count as one type of NPC.  Similar to how you can have a collection of beetles for the 10 items that remain behind, but it can be all different kinds of beetles.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #962 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
As for the wild animals, I say that deer and raccoon count as one type of NPC.

Hmmmm...did I add wild animals to the NPC list? Lol. Or did you, Pam? The problem is they have no job.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #963 on: February 24, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
I would have thought that pets and wild animals would count towards the best friend requirement but not the NPC requirement.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #964 on: February 24, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »
I would have thought that pets and wild animals would count towards the best friend requirement but not the NPC requirement.

Rachel

Exactly. They have no jobs. If I added it to the list, then my bad. But, I do not remember doing so.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #965 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:29 AM »
Does that mean that ghost does not count as an NPC as they do not have a job?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
Does that mean that ghost does not count as an NPC as they do not have a job?

Rachel

It should not be. I specifically added the "must have different jobs" component for a reason. For variety and difficulty. So Ghosts and wild animals are being removed from the NPC list. Anyone that has used them up to this point gets a free pass, but for your next move, they cannot be included.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #967 on: February 24, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »
Hmmmm...did I add wild animals to the NPC list? Lol. Or did you, Pam? The problem is they have no job.

Nope, not me.  But I definitely saw it in the rules last night.  Thanks for clarifying and editing the rules.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #968 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:46 PM »
Just a question about the blackop requirement: do celebrity ops count as blackops?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #969 on: March 01, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
Just a question about the blackop requirement: do celebrity ops count as blackops?
They do.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #970 on: March 01, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

And I certainly expect that they do, (and sorry for all my questions!) but can the ten items left behind be fish?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #971 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29:23 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

And I certainly expect that they do, (and sorry for all my questions!) but can the ten items left behind be fish?

10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house. No items left can be from previous households. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each house must have a unique item type. Examples of qualifying types — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, etc.), wedding presents, field trip souvenirs, time travel items, paintings, photos, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, and any harvestables from Omni Plants. All household members from a given house can contribute towards this requirement.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #972 on: March 01, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
Oh, thanks! Sorry, must've missed that. ^^;

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #973 on: March 02, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
The new patch (1.31) appears to have caused a glitch in career opportunities. If you complete the requirements for an opportunity but the game doesn't give you credit  for it, can you still count that for a black op? I hope so because my sculptor heir is already an adult and I had her take up a career simply in order to get a couple more opportunities, lol.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #974 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
I think that my heir has glitched and her bladder meter's not going down. She's currently on her second day in China, and I don't think that this was happening before she went. I checked for the obvious and, no, she does NOT have the steel bladder reward. Would this disqualify me because it's a bit of an "advantage"?

EDIT: I had her use a toilet and the bar's depleting again now! Odd glitch, though, right?