Author Topic: (False) Reputation!  (Read 58019 times)

Similar

(False) Reputation!
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »
My female Sim was notified that her boyfriend was cheating on her, and his statistics now show a betrayal on his record.  But he wasn't!  He's under my control and I've had him sitting outside the bookstore reading a handiness manual all afternoon.  So the reputation record is just as phony as celebrity rumors?  Is there a way to reverse the false rep?  If not, I guess it's just one more thing to ignore, but how annoying.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: (False) Reputation!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:27 AM »
The only thing I can think of is to use the "clean slate" lifetime reward, but it will probably get rid of all the relationship info. I haven't tried it yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »
I was surprised to find that Jared Frio was a Romantic Interest for my Sim.  I figured they snuck in some fllirting while I wasn't looking or something.  Then she got interested in Gunther Goth and asked him to break up with Cornelia.  That got her the naughty reputation.  When she had the option to confess cheating to Jared, I let her do it.  That got her the reputation of being a cheater!  She wasn't going steady with either of them and I don't think she did any more than flirt with Jared.  I actually think it's kind of funny because she's really mostly a spinster who never goes out and runs a Day Care (it's Indigo Dreamweaver, by the way).  Now here she is with such a bad reputation!  The game probably plays it very sensitively and it doesn't take much to be considered a cheater.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »
I was surprised to find that Jared Frio was a Romantic Interest for my Sim.  I figured they snuck in some fllirting while I wasn't looking or something.  Then she got interested in Gunther Goth and asked him to break up with Cornelia.  That got her the naughty reputation.  When she had the option to confess cheating to Jared, I let her do it.  That got her the reputation of being a cheater!  She wasn't going steady with either of them and I don't think she did any more than flirt with Jared.  I actually think it's kind of funny because she's really mostly a spinster who never goes out and runs a Day Care (it's Indigo Dreamweaver, by the way).  Now here she is with such a bad reputation!  The game probably plays it very sensitively and it doesn't take much to be considered a cheater.
That sounds like something that happening in my game. Also, it counts a relationship if one of the members is dead!
 :o
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »
I wonder how challenging the Heartbreaker lifetime wish is going to be thanks to this feature. It was pretty easy but time consuming before. It might get a bit harder as you keep breaking hearts, but maybe if you never actually cheat it won't penalize you. I'm curious of all the stages here and how they'll affect relationships. It sounds like it would be a lot to test.

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:22:58 AM »
I have a Sim I'm doing heartbreaker with right now, she had 3/10 before Generations. I went thru and made her best friends with the rest of her 'victims'. Now I just claimed number 4 before I left for work today. I'll let you know how it goes, right now she has no reputation.

I agree with Pam (I think that was who said it) though, it is a very sensitive system. Just one romantic interaction turns an outing into a date.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 12:39:28 AM »
I'm curious if the other Sims somehow know if your Sim has kissed someone. My Sim went to France and had her first kiss (I figured as a young adult she never got to in High School). She returned home and called another Sim to invite out and he said "I don't feel like it right now".
Her reputation screen says 1 "active" romance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:46:30 AM »
I had two experiences with Reputation, my heartbreaker and another.  The heartbreaker had no problem at all getting her boyfriends.  Like I said before, I just made her friends with all of them before hand, that way i only took a few interactions to become romantic interest. I was sure to end the dates by saying goodbye, then went back to them to break up. After three breakups she got the Reputation of 'Exploring their Options', but never was accused of cheating and none of the new victims ever acting strangely.

The other experience I had was one of my Sims autonomously kissed his sister-in-law while his wife was at work. I realized it because it came up that he was 'Naughty'.  The wife came home, went about her business and never got mad, but the next Sim morning I had him perform 'ask to just be friends'. Since then the Naughty was removed and he hasn't had an issue with either of the two sisters.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:16 AM »
Clean slate does get rid of all the old ones. If you are still in a relationship, do a couple flirty interactions with the bf/gf whatever and they will be listed as longest relationship.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
Found out today that you can ask someone you meet "What do they say about me", and then they tell you if they've heard "Your Faithful", etc.
Thought it was funny, because the sim has "Commitment Issues" and when told he was "Faithful" he looked like he was going to be sick. Forgot to take apicture, so I'll have to see if it happens again.

SweetSimmies

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
The system is like real sensitive when it comes to romantic actions. My sims violet got the reputation of faithful and i was like yay! But then i sent her into town and she ran into an ex-boyfriend and she flirted with him. >.> i lost that reputation. I was not pleased. But her husband is labeled a cheater so i guess her flirting isn't going to hurt anything. lol

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
This whole romantic reputation thing is just way too sensitive.  I sent my new dynasty founder to the consignment shop and then turned my attention momentarily to another sim...when I got back it turns out the little tart kissed Beau Andrews!!!  Really?  Beau Andrews?!  Even River McIrish would be better than Beau Andrews!  Now they are considered romantic interests even though they have no relationship bar whatsoever.  It sounds like she will end up with a ding to her reputation when she has a real romantic interest... Remind me to NEVER, EVER take the flirty trait again!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
I agree with Katlover that it is too sensitive.
While selling her paintings at the consignment shop, her best friend's daughter came in. So while the daughter and mother are sitting on the couch in the shop, my sim goes over and sits in a chair to chat to the Mom. I see the daughter' face in my sim's activty line and think it's for an autograph, and when I go to delete it it says "cuddle". My sim gets home and is publically disgraced for having romance with her best friend's daughter! It even mentioned the girls name in the thing. "Disgraced for romance with Diedre Littler". So I check her stats and yes it shows she betrayed her husband. Had to exit without saving.

Offline xakzen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
This aspect of the expansion needs to be fixed. It makes no distinction between RI & GF/BF. I have a new actress I wanted to max out Celeb as fast as possible. I used quite a lot of flirting and even a kiss here in there to get fast relationships with every Celeb she could find, but she never went steady with any of them. She now has a terrible rep as a cheater. Who exactly has she cheated on? I can understand the RI relationship bars going down, but why would the townies care as long as these weren't exclusive relationships.  Can't a gal/guy just date a few folks in down without getting a rep?

On the more naughty side she did WH with a married cast member to max out that relationship for job performance (like no one's ever heard of the cast couch ;). This was after she already had a terrible rep (why not embrace it?). It all went down in the privacy of her apartment, but still it got out somehow cause a few days later someone mentioned that Littler had cheated on his wife. Had he confessed to her or is the description in the manual about being discreet impossible?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »
RI are like the beginning of BF/GF, so you need to be careful. I played a sim who had 4 RI, she got JUST to the WH part and ended the date. Then she met the man of her dreams (or I should say my manipulation).  So, she broke off with the others and had a reputation of "checking for the the right one" or something in that nature (forget the exact words).

Did your sim have any celebrity stars? If so, they are game to paparazzi, etc. You have to be more descreet with celecrity stars. If the person leaves your house at 6am strutting like a rooster, than someone is going to see. So, I feed them or entertain them until the the strut mode is gone (2 hours).