Author Topic: (False) Reputation!  (Read 58023 times)

Offline xakzen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: (False) Reputation!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
Did your sim have any celebrity stars? If so, they are game to paparazzi, etc. You have to be more descreet with celecrity stars.
Yeah the strategy worked like a charm, she was at 4 starts in a little over a week. Maybe the problem was the townies do care because she is so famous and the guy she supposedly cheated on was a 5 star (Hammy). Maybe it is tabloid fodder, but she didn't get the publicly disgraced thingly.
If the person leaves your house at 6am strutting like a rooster, than someone is going to see. So, I feed them or entertain them until the the strut mode is gone (2 hours).
I guess I always assumed the strut was just a humorous animation for the moodlet rather than something other sims actually observed as direct evidence of infidelity.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »
Oh no, the strut is something the paparazzi see; my sim at celeb 5 WH'd with a vampire (Vladimir) and when she was leaving the Pap were in the lobby taking pictures of her strutting. Made the Headline news. She had to try and sue to get rid of the disgrace.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 05:30:39 AM »
I'm reviving this thread because I just had an instance where my Sim came home, walked up to her husband and autonomously accused him of cheating.  She got a whopping -50 Betrayed moodlet for 5 days and she won't listen to an apology from him.  They are barely acquaintances now.  The thing is, he hasn't cheated.  He goes to work and comes home.  That's it.  He did have a romantic interest before marrying Skittles, but he hasn't seen or spoken to her.  Now suddenly his relationship bar with her is almost maxed out.  And she's got a boyfriend!  My best guess is that the game just generates this and throws it in randomly for no apparent reason. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
I'm reviving this thread because I just had an instance where my Sim came home, walked up to her husband and autonomously accused him of cheating.  She got a whopping -50 Betrayed moodlet for 5 days and she won't listen to an apology from him.  They are barely acquaintances now.  The thing is, he hasn't cheated.  He goes to work and comes home.  That's it.  He did have a romantic interest before marrying Skittles, but he hasn't seen or spoken to her.  Now suddenly his relationship bar with her is almost maxed out.  And she's got a boyfriend!  My best guess is that the game just generates this and throws it in randomly for no apparent reason.

Pam, that and similar relationship "issues" are happening in my game and it's starting to get irritating. Sims that have not been out of my sight are getting accused of cheating. I have one Sim who hasn't even flirted with anyone but his wife and is being accused. I've recently had a Sim with a deceased spouse who has a naughty reputation because she is now dating again and I'm getting that bright pink "had a child out of wedlock" message.  It's  like extreme right wing news coverage has come to my town.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 04:24:47 AM »
Pam, that and similar relationship "issues" are happening in my game and it's starting to get irritating. Sims that have not been out of my sight are getting accused of cheating. I have one Sim who hasn't even flirted with anyone but his wife and is being accused. I've recently had a Sim with a deceased spouse who has a naughty reputation because she is now dating again and I'm getting that bright pink "had a child out of wedlock" message.  It's  like extreme right wing news coverage has come to my town.

When your sim started dating again after her spouse died, didn't you see the option "Ask .... to break up with ...."? When my sim's spouse died i moved another sim in for her to have a new husband. He asked her to break up with Matthew and she said yes. In her relationship her dead husband was still noted as being her fiance. She never got the naughty reputation because she broke up with her dead husband. It may have something to do with being eternally faithful.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
...and I think the game also expects you to "ask to just be friends" any leftover Romantic Interests, or that counts as cheating, too. ("Emotional infidelity" counts, I guess?) In my Dynasty there were a couple spouses who got "cheater" reputations based on that. Meanwhile in another game I did have a townie spouse "just be friends" with a former romantic interest after I moved him in but before the couple got married, and he ended up Eternally Faithful after that.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:03 AM »
I think the romance has increased with Pets. In my new game, Ruben Littler wanted to ask my sim to "Watch the stars". I cancelled before he could. However, later when she met Renee and went to talk to her the option was there for "Fight". So somehow Renee knew about it and my sim had to apologize to her to keep her as a friend.

Also in this new game, my sim had no male sim make advances and flirt with her until I moved a male sim into her house. Then 3 different guys were offering her flowers whenever she went out, and Matt Hamming who was avoiding her started calling her almost daily.

It does lead to some funny moments!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »
I have a sim who I was working with and when I closed the game he had the eternally faithful moodlet.  Upon opening the game next time, this moodlet was gone.  So I checked the girlfriend, she still has hers, and I had my sim ask a couple townies "what people say about him" and they say he is eternally faithful.  How can a sim lose that icon.  I've checked all his friendships - no romantic interests other than the girlfriend.

Can I assume that when people talk about reputations like cheating etc, it would be an icon in the moodlet panel.  Because I've never seen any type of reputation for any characters, married or single, except the eternally faithful one.  I've broken off a couple relationships with the "let's be friends" option but they were only romantic interest that happened without my knowing while working at other sims homes.  So the red heart showed up in the friendship list but there wasn't anything in the moodlet panel.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
The only moodlets I've seen are "faithful" and "eternally faithful" for reputations. There's also the "betrayed" one if your sim's partner was caught cheating.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
I had a similar problem in my game.  Two married sims who have been completely faithful to each other- I control them both I'm 100% sure there has been no flirting or anything with any other sims.  The husband randomly decided to accuse the wife of cheating and basically destroyed their relationship.  I had to use the clean slate lifetime reward for the wife, and the moodlet manager for the husband, and then spend an entire day repairing/rebuilding their relationship.  It was a major annoyance!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »
EA has put the relationship thing too high. If they think about another sim, want to jam with them, etc. and the same sim is often in their thoughts, I think EA makes it turn into a wish for more. I've had numerous problems with relationships and my sim was completely faithful; but, her husband didn't think so.
On the other hand, I had a sim who flirted with everyone in town and her relationship with her hubby was eternally faithful. Go figure!

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
Hi all,  after I posted my message, I caught the girlfriend flirting with another sim and my guy talked to her and "she could see that he was insulted".  The option to kiss goodbye wasn't there.  Only goodbye.   She still has her eternally faithful moodlet.  His is still gone.  I thought it might come back, but not so far.  Strange she gets to keep hers.  I agree with you MoMoll - go figure...  I'm not very keen on how the relationship thing works. 

Another thing that really bothers me is when two sims sit on a bench (sex not withstanding) the cuddle icon at the top automatically comes up and I have to quickly click it off.  You really have to watch for that.  No more sitting on the bench.  A royal nuisance.
Bear
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »
In my tourist challenge game my Sim got the Cheater reputation followed by the manipulator reputaton then finally the casanova reputation.

Evidently having two woman as romantic interests means he is a cheater having six or seven equals a casanova. Such double standards  :o.

I have also had Sims accuse their other halves of cheating when they haven't but I guess that is true to life too.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
The wiki has a list of how the reputations progress. You need 7 romantic relationships to get the casanova reputation, which makes it easier to have romances. You only get the cheater reputation if you get caught, or if you confess. And that makes it harder to have romances.

Also, the 'betrayed' moodlet cancels out the effect of the LTR 'Master of Seduction'. Any flirty interactions you do will be met with negative reactions.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
Another thing that really bothers me is when two sims sit on a bench (sex not withstanding) the cuddle icon at the top automatically comes up and I have to quickly click it off.  You really have to watch for that.  No more sitting on the bench.  A royal nuisance.
Bear

Even cancelling the action doesn't always work! I had a happily married sim sitting on a bench when Alma Drill sat down and the action "Be cuddled with" appeared. They were best friends, nothing more. I got rid of the icon and I had my sim chat with her instead. My sim leaves to go meet her wife at the library, she starts reading there while her wife continues to work from home...next thing I know the wife drops everything in her queue and is "upset," my sim gets publicly disgraced and loses a couple of friends plus almost gets accused of cheating by the wife! I say almost because I exited without saving. :P

Honestly, I'm glad I exited because I had another sim recently who had a romantic interest that he never asked to be just friends, and about a week after he married my other sim, he was accused of cheating by the romantic interest - he and the romantic interest went from being best friends to slightly disliked as she considered him "unforgivably rude." The description cracked me up, but the loss in friendship did not - it would have been a huge pain if it had been his wife, and it could just as easily happened that way.

anything