Author Topic: Error: Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager  (Read 10866 times)

Leto85

Error: Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »
Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix this?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Error: Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »
All I know is that I get that message every time I start my game.  It's annoying, but as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to affect anything.  I have no trouble downloading things from the Swap Shop or the Store, installing patches or starting the game.  I have no idea what the EA Download Manager is supposed to do.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:10:28 AM »
I've been getting that or another message, something about my launcher isn't working and the program needs to close, for months. My game opens fine, I can download and I can play. I have no idea what's going on.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix this?

Reinstall your EADM, I had to do it in order to install a new patch. EADM is now called Origin.

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
Reinstall your EADM, I had to do it in order to install a new patch. EADM is now called Origin.

What is a EADM, and how do I reinstall it? I've installed a patch already before I've baught Generations and I didn't have problems with installing it.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
What is a EADM, and how do I reinstall it?

EADM is EA Download Manager. You can find it via EA website or directly at Origin website. I reinstalled it in order to get my EA download manager to work right after the same error message in the Sims 3 launcher like you got.

Edit: I modified the Origin link for the one with download

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

ImYourOphelia

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
I feel really stupid asking this, but where on the Origin website is it? I'm having the same problem and I don't know where to look on the Origin site for it.  ??? or either of the sites, really.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »
I see now that it isn't as easy on those websites. So there is the about Origin page where you can download it ;)

anything