Author Topic: Pirates and Nobles Guide Coverage  (Read 40592 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Pirates and Nobles Guide Coverage
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:21:59 AM »
I will begin covering the game around the first. We'll use this thread for sharing information and any suggestions. I have not yet formed an agenda for this one, so this can also serve that purpose. I do not expect this one to take that long to cover. I will say that I'm not as excited about this one as I am other Sims expansions. But let's keep it on the topic of guide coverage.

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Pirates and Nobles Guide Coverage
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »
Since I bought online, I don't have a manual.  You should be able to get it from the Origin interface, but it simply doesn't work for me.  They claim they are working on this issue for me (yeah, right) but in the meantime, I am flying by the seat of my pants.  The very first daily responsibility for my new monarch is "Sic a Parrot on" somebody.  I have no idea where to get a parrot!  I can hardly wait until the guide is up!

In the meantime, does anyone know where to get a parrot?  Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:28:37 AM »
In the meantime, does anyone know where to get a parrot?  Thanks.

You can buy them at the Village Shoppe or buy a perch from Buy Mode and then click on the perch to buy either a parrot or a falcon.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
Thanks, Schipperke!  Exactly right.  I bought one of each!  LOL!

Midgetgirl05

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
Hello! I'm new here, so just wanted to say hi and add something.

When you are doing the new treasure hunting thing...if you dig in the wrong spot the pit monster has a chance to grab you.

Should you avoid it, great. You got lucky.

If it grabs you, it pulls you into the put and you have to fight it. If you lose, you lose the quest. And the quest points you used to start the quest.

Moral of the story: SAVE before you start digging! Luckily I only lost out on my sim sleeping for 8 hours in game. :-/

Vivian54

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 04:29:07 PM »
I found an error in the The Beast must Diet quest. I was almost complete and the condemed prisioner does not go to die. I have quit and reloaded a few tiimes. Ugh!!! I spent a long time on this quest for it to be broken. I shut down my computer and am going to clear the cache files and try agian but don't have much hope. I find the treasure hunting fun once you learn how to do it. I have a ton of pieces of maps. I am going to give them to one hero to see if I have a set.

Vivian54

Sugarfloodwave

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Ah thats where i am stuck too! Reginald isnt going to the pit. Its strange it says in the quest marker wait for reginalds execution but it has the interaction marker set on him. Normally its on a location eg the pit to watch and see. I tried to wait at his side but that didnt work. I waited at home .. also didnt work.

Edit: I used a cheat to advance. I read another sugestion: Send the physician to the pit and the primary hero. Maybe this triggers the execution. Sometimes the pit is full with executions so maybe wait longer ...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:01:17 AM »
I haven't done this quest yet, but I do know that sometimes you have to be in the Judgement Area to observe a punishment being given before it will happen.

Sugarfloodwave

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:49 AM »
I tried that with my primary sim but nothing happened!

anything