Author Topic: Sims Medieval Expansion - Pirates & Nobles  (Read 55119 times)

snowy

Sims Medieval Expansion - Pirates & Nobles
« on: July 02, 2011, 05:52:08 AM »
Does any one know if there is an new pack like sims 3 coming out soon? Also are there any updates coming soon?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Medieval Packs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:56:52 AM »
Carl has heard rumors of an expansion pack for Medieval, but no word on when it will be released.  No word yet on a new update right now, either.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:40:57 AM »
May just make me reinstall Medieval. Looks amazing. Can't wait. ;D

You know it made me feel the same way, but, and it's a big but. It's a game I played for two weeks and never opened again. I know intellectually that EA makes the games look amazing in the trailers. It's marketing, it's their job. However emotionally I ask myself, will this EP make it better? Will it make me like it more. *sigh* darn you EA!

Vivian54

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
I have seen the new expansion Pirates and Nobles offered on Amazon. It looks cool and will have new quests, new objects, new Legendary Trait and treasure hunting too. Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Medieval-Pirates-Nobles-Mac/dp/B0057VO40E/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1310156230&sr=8-10

Product Features
New Quests that follow an epic story arc
New Signature Objects - The Interrogation Chair and pet falcons and parrots
New Traits a new Legendary Trait
Over 140 Pirate and Nobility themed objects
Treasure Hunting, complete with maps, shovels, rare treasure and some surprising dangers

I have reserved mine at my local Gamestop store.

Vivian54

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Thanks for dropping in to share it with the community, Vivian. I'm sure the people who like this game agree it's exciting, because an expansion would bring that extra variety it needs. New heroes will be welcome, just like careers and professions in TS3. Medieval didn't really have a main quest with a single epic story, so that should be interesting. There were so many quests in Medieval that were unrelated, and that strongly led to the somewhat lazy design of the quest section of the guide. You could be playing any of 70 Quests. I look forward to writing on a longer story. That goes into walkthrough territory and that's where my roots lie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Vivian54

Re: Sims Medieval Expansion - Pirates & Nobles
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »
I can't wait for new quests and look forward to the new expansion. Let me know if I can help Carl.

Vivian54

Vivian54

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »
I just found a new Pirates and Nobles video and thought I would share with lovers of Sims Medieval. Here is the link:

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval/videos/pirates-and-nobles-video

Enjoy,

Vivian54

kmarie713

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »
looks like fun! wonder how the pirates will go with the kingdom. or will htye be their own kingdom? we will have to wait and see i supose

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 05:59:29 AM »
I love the trailer! I'll be sure to get this as soon as it comes out. Off to reinstall Medieval. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
As someone commented on the Sims forum, introducing 17th/18th Century pirates is completely bizarre.

However, historical accuracy would risk accusations of racial/religious prejudice. 
I doubt that a Medieval Crusade would go down well  ;)

I wonder whether EA has any staff who know anything about Medieval history in Europe?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »

There is now a new EA website found here.  This site explains where the pirates come from - Aarbyville.  I had forgotten the Pirates of Aarbyville even though I had a few Hero's marry them ;).

To me, the most exciting part is: Treasure Hunting, complete with maps, shovels, rare treasure and some surprising dangers!
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
I am tempted to get it but my game is as slow as it could be and am stuck on Bric-a-Brac Day, and I haven't played it for months. Also if I get this I will not be able to get Pets. But I like Pirates. I got to think this through. But it does look awesome.

Offline EuphorialQueen

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:53:14 AM »
 ;D I have my pre-order in for Pirates & Nobles and am looking forward to it. I had not finished all the Ambitions from the first time thru.  Got side tracked by Generations :P Just got back to it after the latest patch.
Pirates & Nobles should be an awesome addition to an already great game.  -EQ

anything