Author Topic: Getting a Tattoo Still Resets a Sim's Age  (Read 10475 times)

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
Getting a Tattoo Still Resets a Sim's Age
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »
I had a sim with the wish to get a tattoo, so I sent her to the parlor for one. She was 4 days away from aging up to adult, but after the tattoo, she was reset as if she was on her first day as a young adult. Meanwhile her husband is 15 days away from becoming an elder.

On one hand, I hate to force her to age up, but I also don't want to reset her husband. Bleh.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Getting a Tattoo Still Resets a Sim's Age
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »
That is a bug that came with Ambitions, I believe. I still have it in game today so no fix yet. Getting makeovers from the Stylist also resets your Sim's age.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »
I wasn't aware that tatoos reset the age. Better than trying to discover the Young Again potion.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:36:35 AM »
I think the Edit in CAS cheat might do it to. I'm not positive about this but my sim was almost an Elder and suddenly her age reset sometime after I used the cheat. She didn't get any tattoos or makeovers so I don't know what would of done it.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:21:45 AM »
Edit In CAS always resets a Sim's age.

Tattoos and makeovers reset the Sim's age due to a glitch in the game. It was fixed in one of the recent patches, or it seemed like that, but came back with patch 1.22. It's actually to the benefit of Immortal Dynasty players, as an Immortal's age can be reset this way after they taste their first batch of Ambrosia. It's also worth to note that the age will be reset even if you get the 'upcoming birthday' notification, but the Sim in question will still age normally.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »
To check, I sent my adult sim for a tatoo at the spa and he remained an adult. So I'll check if CAS changes his age.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:42 AM »
To check, I sent my adult sim for a tatoo at the spa and he remained an adult. So I'll check if CAS changes his age.

It's not the life stage that changes (i.e. Adults can't become YAs after getting a tattoo/makeover), just the days until next birthday are reset. Like, when eating Ambrosia - the same effect.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
It does not happen 100% of the time, but pretty close.  I have used the tatoo parlor to keep certain sims alive longer, but there has been a few times it didn't work and sometimes it works the opposite and adds days to the lifestage.  If that happens, I will just do it again, sort of like in sims 2 where they drank that elixer and sometimes it would be opposite. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »
This age glitch has been around forever, only it has been attached to different objects over the years.  When it first came around, using mirrors and dressers would (could) reset your sim's age.

The only time I ever remember this bug making my sims older is when I had a sim get a tattoo at the very beginning of young adult.  I was trying to avoid this bug, and instead it added about 5 days to their age...
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
It's not the life stage that changes (i.e. Adults can't become YAs after getting a tattoo/makeover), just the days until next birthday are reset. Like, when eating Ambrosia - the same effect.

Thanks Chronic for clearing that up for me. So, I guess it's back to the potion bevore my sims are covered from head to toe in tatoos!

Offline Hyacintha

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »
That is a bug that came with Ambitions, I believe. I still have it in game today so no fix yet. Getting makeovers from the Stylist also resets your Sim's age.

The same thing happened to my sim mom. She was around five days away from aging into an adult, and when I had do a makeover at the stylist she suddenly became younger, much younger. Which sucks, since her daughter is a few days away from becoming a young adult. So basically, she will end up with a daughter, who is around the same age as her in sim days. I think once the five days are over, or until her husbands ages,  I will simply age her up to her proper age.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
I actually adore this bug: I don't have to spend ages on the hunt for the Ambrosia ingredients because I have that darling bugged salon to make my immortal sim stay immortal. ;)