Author Topic: Requires Standard Height  (Read 5252 times)

CarlosLordofTacos

Requires Standard Height
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
I`m trying to move my spiral staircases in my lot because they don`t work at a rotated angle, but it won`t let change them, saying that it requires standard height? Confused. :( I`m trying to build down into the basement if that knowlege helps.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Requires Standard Height
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Carlos, if you have a foundation under your house the spiral staircase doesn't like it.  It's like a half height space and the stair case wants full wall height.  I wound up having to use an elevator to get from my basement to my first floor because of using a foundation.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
There was no foundation, for some reason, the underground terrain started sloping despite being on a completely flat lot. I had to delete the entire basement. :/

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »
I've had this problem happen, too, but going from the first floor to the second.  I was trying to remodel the second story and no matter where I tried to place the stairs, I kept getting "requires standard height".  I know the stairs should work, because they were already in the house.  It was frustrating and I ended up leaving the stairs where they were. I've had it happen again but only with houses I am actually playing in, and switching between build and live mode.  I've not had this problem building in "Edit Town" mode.  :-\