Author Topic: Having trouble with floor, wall, and half wall edges - not coloring correctly  (Read 4648 times)

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
Hi - I'm having a problem with the edges of balcony floors and staircases.  I'm assuming it's a bug or limitations of my graphics card or something, but just in case it's a solvable problem, I'm tossing it out to the crowd.  ;)

If you look in the picture below, while the edges of exposed floors color with my selected wallpaper, they are also reacting to the outside daylight/moonlight (depending on the time of day) and discoloring.  I've also tried going into the design tool and it will let me select a pattern for the floor edges, but the same problem happens and you can't actually see for the light wash-out.

Bigger: http://pics.livejournal.com/agentxpndble/pic/00559fww

A similar issue happens with staircases - the top of the wall section (not recolorable) seems to react to the outside light and I get a neon blue or white line at the railing connection. 

Come to think of it, there is a third case of this in my game...  I never get wall coloring on the side edges of half or full walls - In this pic, all the raw edges of the half walls have gone black (the same thing happens to full walls for me):

Bigger: http://pics.livejournal.com/agentxpndble/pic/0054rd3y

I'm starting to sense a theme here.  Is this a setting I can tweak to make go away, or is it a know bug?  Thanks in advance for feedback.

(sorry - I can't seem to get html to work in the posts and can't get the thumbnail to lead to the larger pic)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Well, I can't say I've ever come across that problem before. The only thing I can think of is if there's an incomplete wall you missed on the outside, but I'm pretty sure you would have caught that. Wall paint appears lighter or darker depending on the time of day if it's outside, or if there is just one gap in your building. In the second picture, I can see that the edges of your half walls are colored, so I'm assuming the top of the ones with glass are, too. In fact, I can see the glass ones making the cubicles are not dark like the ones making the balcony. My only suggestion is to make sure that you didn't leave a gap in your outer walls. Check the roofing, too. Any gap to the outside may be causing the problem. Hope this helps?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.