Author Topic: "Covered by Floor tile"  (Read 26994 times)

Offline AerieBabe

• Nooboo
"Covered by Floor tile"
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
So..I am remodeling the house at 1034 Cypress Lane in Riverview for my sim family.  I moved the stairs over to create a better space for the kitchen.  However this leaves a gap in the wall of the downstairs bathroom.  When I try to close this gap I get the message "Covered by Floor tile" and I can't place the wall.  ??? Does anyone know how I can make this work or is it just not going to happen?  Thanks in advance.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: "Covered by Floor tile"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
Could you upload a picture so we know just what it looks like? And maybe you should try removing the roof then trying to fix it? It's just kind of hard to know what you're talking about and how to fix it without seeing it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AerieBabe

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  I am attaching a screenshot of the gap I am having trouble with.  As you will see I have tried placing the wall sections with the floor tile removed as well as with the floor tile in place.  The bathroom is on the main floor with the second story above it, so no roof directly overhead.  This will be my first try at attaching a screen shot so hopefully I will do it correctly!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
Have you tried deleting the floor tiles on the second floor above the wall you want to place? I think I've had to delete more than just the 2 adjoining tiles sometimes. Also try deleting the floor tile outside the bathroom.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
If that gap is where the stairs used to be, then it could very well be the tiles upstairs causing the issue.  Sometimes those little warnings don't say exactly what they mean.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »
Ok, so the wall you are trying to connect to? Try deleting the two wall pieces that the bathroom wall is going to attatch to, one on either side. Then finish that one bathroom wall piece (it won't connect to anything). Then replace the two you deleted. See if that works.

Offline AerieBabe

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »
I appreciate all your help!  I tried deleting all the surrounding floor tile both on the main floor and on the second floor above the bathroom where the stairs used to be.  I tried deleting the attaching walls and then placing the "problem" one.  Still no dice.  In the meantime, however, the message has changed.  It now says "Terrain attached to pool wall"...there is no pool, no foundation and no basement either!  lol  I'm not giving up yet, but I can see it from here! :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

FleurDeLune

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
I Googled the phrase "Terrain attached to pool wall" and found the following possible solution on two different sites (one of which was the Sims 3 forums, the other was a mod site):

What you need to do is make one wall directly above it on the next floor, delete all floor tiles around that wall, and then fill in the wall in the [bath]room. Afterward, remove the wall on the other floor and fill in the floor tiles.

There were no follow-up posts on either site to say whether this solution had worked, but I guess it would be worth a try.

Offline AerieBabe

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
FleurDeLune, thank you!  It worked!  I didn't think of Googling it.  Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions. :)

anything