Author Topic: Origin won't update and goes into offline mode. Solution  (Read 37054 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Origin won't update and goes into offline mode. Solution
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »
The Origin update never works for me, It will start to download then stops without updating and go into offline mode. Sense others may have the same problem I thought I would post the solution I use for this.
What you need is the stand alone patch instead of the updater but for what ever reason Origin doesn't seem to put the stand alone patch up for download that I've been able to find anyway.

So to get the stand alone patch you go to Origin and start to download the patch there. This is really just the patch updater your downloading.

When the download starts, stop the download and copy the download link to you clipboard and past it in your browser address bar the delete "Thin" from the link and hit enter and that will download the full patch to manually install it.

So instead of the link being .../Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginThinSetup.exe it would wound be .../Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

After the download completes run the OriginSetup.exe file to patch Origin.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Sasila02

• Nooboo
Re: Origin won't update and goes into offline mode. Solution
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:07:48 AM »
Thank you so much! I downloaded it and it works perfectly! Thanks for posting this! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Origin won't update and goes into offline mode. Solution
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 09:21:31 AM »
i've gotten even lazier than that lol I just leave the download in Free Download Manager and then when Origin tries to update I cancel it and restart the FDM download, so I don't have to keep remembering the correct link lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*