Author Topic: Simbots, Mummies, Ghosts, oh my!  (Read 1787 times)

Offline amber1195

• Llama Wrangler
Simbots, Mummies, Ghosts, oh my!
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:19 PM »
I hear a lot of people talking about simbots and mummies and ghost babies, but I'm not sure how you get/make any. I know about the ghosts, just not the ghost babies, and I've seen a mummy once, but I've never seen a simbot. I really want to make these, so if someone could help, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Kėėtrėh
Re: Simbots, Mummies, Ghosts, oh my!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
SimBots can be purchased through the Lifetime Reward "shop", or created on the Inventing Bench through an opportunity.

Mummies can be created by sleeping thrice (or twice?) in the Cursed Sarcophagus that you construct using materials found and scavenged during adventures.

Ghost-babies can be created by making a Ghost WooHoo with a normal Sim (50%), or by 2 Ghosts. Ghosts can also be "created" by drinking a certain potion created on the Chemistry set, and your Sim will become a Ghost for 3 hours.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »
To make a ghost baby, have a regular Female Young adult or Adult sim woohoo with a male ghost that has been resurrected. I'm not sure what the chances of getting a ghost baby are, I've only tried this once and ended up with a little ghost girl.  The only difference that I found from a normal sim is that they look like a ghost.

For the SimBot, I believe there is a Happiness Points Reward that will add a SimBot to your household. (not 100% sure on this)
Another way to do it is to have a Sim gain level 10 in Inventing, then they will have to complete an opportunity, leading up to creating a simbot.

Mummies can be found in World Adventures tombs.  I don't know how to go about getting one in your household but I know it can be done.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:57 AM »
Mummies can be found in World Adventures tombs.  I don't know how to go about getting one in your household but I know it can be done.

To get a Mummy of your own, you need to find and assemble the 5 pieces of the Sarcophagus of Kings, and collect all 5 types of the canopic jars while raiding tombs.  Then, with all the jars in a sim's inventory, that sim can summon a playable Mummy, complete with their very own Mummy name! 

But there is another way to get a Mummy.  There are two different varieties of Sarcophagus of Kings:  Blessed and Cursed.  If you have the Cursed version and have a sim sleep in it twice in a row for about 24 hours total, they will become a Mummy.  Sleeping in the Blessed Sarcophagus of Kings will change a Mummy back into a normal sim.

Summoned Mummies are always elders, but they live a very long time in spite of this.  Sims can be turned into Mummies as early as their teenage years.

An interesting thing I read about a while back on Sims Wiki is that a Mummy will sleep in a sarcophagus indefinitely if instructed to do so.  Thus, an interesting way to "preserve sims for future use" would be to turn them into a Mummy and then having them sleep in the Blessed Sarcophagus of Kings until you needed them.  When you finally cancel the action, they will emerge from the sarcophagus completely unmummified.   ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.