Author Topic: Hidden Traits Revealed  (Read 129580 times)

Leto85

Hidden Traits Revealed
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:50:33 AM »
Hidden Traits Revealed

I was searching for ages (okey, simdays) to find a way to reveal the hidden traits of a sim. Normally you could only see if your sim has one by making the sim doing the interaction that belongs to the trait, such as sneaking somewhere for sims with the burglar hidden trait.
But now, with Generations there is a much easier way to see the hidden traits of a sim.

1 Turn on the cheat: Testingcheatsenabled true.
2 Than Shift+Click the sim with a hidden trait.
3 Choose the option: Edit Sim in Create a Sim.
4 Change the age of the sim: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult or Elder.
5 A popup on the right side of the screen will give the following information: Younger Sims cannot select as many traits. The following traits have been removed:' followed by a selection of traits, hidden traits and Lifetime Rewards that has been removed from your sim.
Click the X button to go back to your sim without having a trait removed.

In the image below you can see that the game makes no difference between what we call as either Traits, Hidden Traits or Lifetime Rewards.

In the image below I have shown a sim who do have the three hidden traits from all foreign countries that came with World Adventures: Chinese, Egyptian and French. She does eat with chopsticks mostly and she can sing two songs from China and two from Egypt. Though, the game doesn't seem to calculate foreign hidden traits as hidden traits as you can see in the following picture:

EDIT: 28-10-2011. This doesn't work anymore after installing Pets. :(

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Hidden Traits Reveiled
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
This sounds cool Leto, but both of those images are too small to read the writing. Can you zoom it in for me?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 06:46:42 AM »
This sounds cool Leto, but both of those images are too small to read the writing. Can you zoom it in for me?

How can I zoom in?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
hmmm well I would do it with a program like photoshop, but that's a little difficult.
If I squint I can make out a few words or lines now that I concentrate extra hard, so don't worry too much about it unless others come up with a better way of zooming in :)

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »
hmmm well I would do it with a program like photoshop, but that's a little difficult.
If I squint I can make out a few words or lines now that I concentrate extra hard, so don't worry too much about it unless others come up with a better way of zooming in :)

Ah yes, of course I could (and did) use Photoshop. I've already changed it Pallyn and added it to the first topic so it looks like you didn't read it well before you've posted. :P (hehe)
I thought you mean zooming in within the forum.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
Re: Hidden Traits Revealed
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »
Wow, that's quite the multiskilled sim! Very interesting, Leto!
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
thanks for the info leto :)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
My sim has the Rocker trait apparently, she is always playing air guitar. That might be a good way of checking if she does.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
I just saw this in my game as well. Although I was suprised. I was getting a YA Copy of an Elder from another Household in my Legacy Save File, she was related to the main bloodline, so when it said 'Makes no Messes' has been removed I was suprised because I had exported the main family to a new Save File and lost the original Maid so it carried on through the save files.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
Leto, you genius! :D

VampirePlasma

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
Hah, yeah she has the rocker trait! Thanks Leto!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
Totally correct and very neatly done with zooming in, Leto! Cool way to find out what traits your Sim does, or doesn't have. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad you all could use this topic.

I will make it sticky for a while to let as much people see this as possible. I know a lot of you can use this.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
 ??? I never understood these hidden traits... can you get them with a certain action? Is a sim already born with them? If I age up my toddler up to elder and then back to toddler, will I get the hidden traits, he will get? Can you explain hidden traits for me? :$ sorry, never understood them ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »
A hidden trait is unlocked normally through an NPC. So an NPC Fireman, the ones from the phone, if your Sim was to marry and reproduce with said NPC Fireman the Child has the chance of inheriting one of the Hidden Traits (A Bonus Trait that is hidden), Pyromaniac (Can cause flames to flare but not actually start a fire) or Immune to Fire (Never dies in Fire). Hidden traits have to be inherited. A Maid gives the trait, Makes no Messes, which is really usefull.

Here is the Link to the Guide Page on Hidden Traits.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]