Author Topic: 2 questions , about inventing and picture frames!  (Read 4781 times)

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
2 questions , about inventing and picture frames!
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
1- I have a teen inventor but this is my first trial with inventing so I wanna know if inventing will bring her good money? , is there a specific job related to inventing ? what Lifetime wish should I choose for her ?

2- I bought 2 digital picture frame but can't understand how to use them ?

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: 2 questions , about inventing and picture frames!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
1. You can become a self employed inventor and related LTWs are Descendant of Da Vinci and Monster Maker.
2. I think you are supposed to drag the pictures individually from your sim`s camera into the frame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:54 AM »
In addition, Inventors don't make a lot of money.  They make enough to get by, but it's not known to be a big money making profession.

You can drag pictures from the camera or from your inventory to the digital picture frames.  Then click on the digital frame and select if you want to start the slideshow.  That will show each picture for the number of seconds it's set for.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:10:12 AM »
Money made from mining isn`t half bad, it`s like the board breaker but less effective. (Ironic, isn`t it? That a miner makes less money from gems than a board breaker of all thing.)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
If you have an inventor gnome on the lot, they'll finish up inventions for you overnight.  My current household always leaves a barely-started time machine on the table, just in case the gnomes feel like working.  It's a quick and easy way to make $1800.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »
She made that miner thing, but I don't understand how to use it.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »
Click on the miner in your inventory and you'll see the option to place it.  When you have it where you want, click on it again to have your sim start mining.  When they finish, click on the miner to have your sim put it back in the inventory.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 09:29:15 PM »
Like any self-registered profession, the inventor can make more money by acquiring the life rewards : entrepreneur and good salesman (I forget the exact name).  Through those, the inventor will get higher payments for their consigned items in the consignment shop. You might also want to get the "eccentric" life reward to make them more effective inventors. 

Dragging more than one picture in the digital frame can start a slide show. If you only have one picture in the frame, everytime you load the game, you must restart the digital frame by dragging the picture in it.  Better to place at least two pictures for lesser effort.

I need to ask, what does the inventor gnome look like? I've never heard of it before? Do you get it in the same places as one get gnomes or do we get it if the Sims spend a lot of time in the inventing bench (like the laundry gnome)?  ???

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »
I need to ask, what does the inventor gnome look like? I've never heard of it before? Do you get it in the same places as one get gnomes or do we get it if the Sims spend a lot of time in the inventing bench (like the laundry gnome)?  ???

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the inventor gnome.  Inventors will randomly create them when they're inventing things.  They may also be available at the consignment store occasionally.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:14 PM »
You can also find them by cheating in buydebug menu 
CTRL+SHIFT+C (to pop up console)testingcheatsenabled true-->(pop up console again) buydebug -->go buy menu-->sort by function-->"?" section miscalinous tab (the 3 dots) he looks mad out of metal
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:22:17 AM »
I need to ask, what does the inventor gnome look like?

It looks like a robotic gnome:

(Image courtesy of The Sims Wiki)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything