Author Topic: Trying for Baby with Simbot  (Read 31648 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Trying for Baby with Simbot
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
I'm quite confused about it. I tried to make a vampire simbot by having a vampire Sim (female) fall in love with a male SimBot. There's no "Try for Baby" option between the two, just "WooHoo." Do occult/hybrid babies only happen through story progression or can you make a Sim that's part Simbot if a female Sim were to try for a baby with a male SimBot. Does the female have to be human in order for her to mate with a SimBot? I'm really really confused on this matter. I thought Female non Simbots could try for a baby with a male Simbot. Or are babies who were products of male SimBots only through story progression?

I remember Pam's Spinoff to her Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty "I am Called Uriah" she said her's happened through story progression, and someone posted an occult baby in the swap shop that was a product of Jamie Jolina and a SimBot. I just need to know if it can happen directly, or if it's something that can only happen with story progression.

Thank you guys.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Trying for Baby with Simbot
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:46:34 PM »
In my experience, it is only possible through story progression. However, I haven't tried crossing a simbot and another type of occult. I imagine that as long as it's a female sim (occult or not) she will eventually produce offspring with a male simbot, assuming they are in love/married.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:24 PM »
Thank you. I attempted getting Elvira Slayer and a SimBot to mate, but both Sims only had the option "WooHoo" and the relationship was +100. Maybe I'll try leaving them alone next time and see what happens.  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:28:01 AM »
Simbots cannot Try for Baby.  It's never an option.  The only way they will have a child is if you play another household for awhile and hope that Story Progression will kick in for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
I tried with a Female Simbot but after a week nothing happened, so I think that the Sim must be Female and the Simbot a Male, due to the Pregnancy thing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
I tried with a Female Simbot but after a week nothing happened, so I think that the Sim must be Female and the Simbot a Male, due to the Pregnancy thing.

Most likely yes, because all SimBot hybrids I know of had SimBot fathers but human mothers. And only the image of a pregnant SimBot makes me /shudder/.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
Well it's probably easier, they only have to add a few pieces of scrap metal each time the baby grows, instead of being stretched.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »
I will tell you how I managed to get my simbot/human, Tavara Jolina.  I downloaded Max Sims, Leto's sim.  He has a ton of happiness points.  I put him in a house and purchased 4 or 5 simbots and turned them loose.  I then played Max for a while and kept watching in the friends panel what the simbots were up to.  Sure enough, one of the simbots had a girlfriend, Jamie.  So I decided to switch households and low and behold she was pregnant.  It also showed that the simbot was her boyfriend, but was still not sure until after she had the baby, if it was a simbot.  I believe there is another simbot that has a girlfriend too, but I have not played it for a while.  It was pretty interesting. :)

But no, unfortunately, they cannot have babies when they are the active household.  Weird.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Thank you guys for the input. Yes it's really weird a male SimBot can't breed with a human or vampire Sim in an active household.

anything