Author Topic: Can't put items in personal or family inventories/gets stuck in hand cursor  (Read 7783 times)

Offline sunshinedays83

• Nooboo
Ok so I was in buy mode trying to take the treasure chests I bought out of my inventory. I had taken a few out no problem but then all of the sudden I picked one up and when I released it the hand stayed shut like its still holding something and it has that red circle with a diagonal line through it beside the hand. I managed to get it to open back up by switching to build mode but it still does the same thing now every time I pick something up. That wouldn't be a huge deal by itself bc I was still able to pick stuff up but I have also discovered now that I cant put anything into my family inventory. I pick something up and hover in the inventory and it lights up like its in there but when I click to release the object nothing happens, it just stays in my hand. It is the same for my personal inventories too. I went to take something out of one of the cabinets and now it is stuck in my hand and wont release into my personal inventory. I even tried switching into buy mode and then back and the hand is still holding on to it and now I cant click on anything else. Has anyone else had this happen or know how I can fix it?? Please Help!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Did you try re-starting the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshinedays83

• Nooboo
Ok so I ended up just exiting my game without saving just in case and when I restarted the game again it was fine but after playing for awhile it did the same thing again. I am afraid to save because I don't want it to be stuck forever but I also keep loosing a lot by not saving:( It always happens when I am using my family inventory and I just moved so Ive been using it a lot to set my sims house back up.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
Instead of doing Save, do Save As and pick a different name. That way you have the choice of going ahead with the new save or reverting to the prior one and will only lose progress if the glitch persists through a restart.