Author Topic: Possible Inventing Exploit  (Read 3070 times)

imaGleek

Possible Inventing Exploit
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »
If I place 150 smashers in a World Adventures chest, will it count 151 or 1 for the diabolical detonater challenge?

Also, if I have  a $70,000 fine for detonating and only $10,000 in funds and an empty lot, what will happen?

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
Re: Possible Inventing Exploit
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
Don't know about your first question, about the second, the fine will come in as bills, if you can't pay it, then the you'll have to deal with the repo man
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

imaGleek

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
Don't know about your first question, about the second, the fine will come in as bills, if you can't pay it, then the you'll have to deal with the repo man

But they live on an empty lot, so what will happen?

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:10:59 PM »
guess he'll come, stick around a bit, and then leave happily empty
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »
But they live on an empty lot, so what will happen?
He'll show up and not do anything. He won't take any money from your household funds either.

imaGleek

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
Ok, that's good. My Inveter just went on a detonating rampage and couldn't afford to pay the fines.

Now, If I put 150 smashers in a World Adventure chest and I detonate it will it count for 1 or 151 in the skill journal?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Now, If I put 150 smashers in a World Adventure chest and I detonate it will it count for 1 or 151 in the skill journal?

Try it and find out?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:46 AM »
From the guide:

Diabolical Detonator
Unlocked after detonating 150 objects. This will give you more scrap per pile. It's really a challenge you can live without. Blowing up multiple objects at once is counted correctly. With this, blowing up those piles in the scrap yard is very effective but by the point you need it you may just be so bored detonating and digging that you buy scrap at the table.

I should assume that it is correctly counted, though I think Carl is referring to when you set off a charge that blows up other things.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:01:30 PM »
If you have No Bills Ever on your inventor, then you'll never actually get the fines for detonating in public. The message will appear but the bills won't.

imaGleek

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »
If you have No Bills Ever on your inventor, then you'll never actually get the fines for detonating in public. The message will appear but the bills won't.

That would have been good to know before I got $70,000 in finds for blowing up the rocket ship statue at the military base.

anything