Author Topic: Wish not fulfilled even though requirements met ?  (Read 6882 times)

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
Wish not fulfilled even though requirements met ?
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
WOW has it been a long time! I quit playing for quite a while because of some error messages I kept getting so I gave up. Picked back up again a couple of days ago, and bought the following stuff / expansions:

*Ambitions
*Outdoor Stuff
*Late Night
*High End Loft

Already had World Adventures. Installed all. I had been reading on the forums about these weird glitches. I was lucky enough to get the Photography bug. Cell phone cam doesn't work for me despite that being an option for some. Not sure why. There is one issue that I have not seen on any of the technical forums. My Sim had a wish to visit 5 hotspots. I  did. Her wish wasn't granted and I don't understand why! The next sim day, I had her to go another hot spot, and it showed "visited 6/5" but it wouldn't give me lifetime points, and it just sat there in her stupid box! I finally got annoyed and just clicked it off.

Apparently, this photography glitch has been going on since June? Did I read the forums correctly? I'm really starting to wonder if I want to play again, because it seems like every time there is a patch, something that wasn't even broken to begin with no longer works. This was part of the reason I quit to begin with!  ::)

Anyone have any idea's on the wish thing? I'm tired of sitting at my computer yelling at the screen!!  ;)
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Re: Wish not fulfilled even though requirements met ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
I've had that happen numerous times. The most annoying feature of that is doing something that wasn't listed, THEN is shows up in the LTW queue. I use the cheats then click "shift+control" click just above the reward chest in the LThappiness tab... 500pts/click.

And I chalk it up to yet another thing EA hasn't gotten around to fixing. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »
Reloading the game can help complete the wish, or over-fulfill it (complete more than is needed).
The photography bug came with a GEN patch, I'm pretty sure.
When it comes to EA fixing things, they try I'm sure they do. But they also have to make more EPs and SPs so they don't run broke any time soon, make more store stuff, and make the patches that fix the glitches. Then the patches bring even more glitches and they have to work on that. Sims is a very complex game, and half the time I'm not sure if EA can keep up with it. And when they have to make a very unflexible system be flexible enough to work on different computers with different settings, well let's say the game has a mind of it's own. But now I'm just rambling, so I apologize for that.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:42 PM »
Thanks guys! I forgot about that Shift cheat! Like I said, it's been a while since I have been on the forum, and things have certainly changed. Carl and Pam should be extremely proud though, because if you google search "Carl and Pam" this forum is the first thing in the list! (New computer, didn't have it bookmarked yet!) I do like the new options though, and the new "stuff". I am a little annoyed about what EJ said, where you do something then it becomes a wish. That has happened numerous times to me! Right now I am working on an actress, used the cheat to buy a sprawling Mansion, decorated it top to bottom, then she got a wish to live in a Penthouse, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself "REALLY???? ARE YOU NUTS??"  :D

I agree with you Tall, however, looking over the company's financial records, they have let go.. wait for it, wait for it.... recession came and guess who got the ax first??? PROGRAMMERS.. I mean come on, HELLO! *sigh*  :o

If anyone remembers me from a year ago.. LOL..Gosh don't get me started! Glad to be back, thanks for the advice!!!  ;D
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:44:33 AM »
Back to this unfulfilled wish thing...  It's just a random glitch as far as I can tell.  Restarting the game will normally make it fulfill itself.

Carl and Pam should be extremely proud though, because if you google search "Carl and Pam" this forum is the first thing in the list!

That's awesome!  At first I thought, how many Carl and Pams can there be on the internet?  Turns out there are a few and we do show up as number one.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything