Author Topic: My Saved Gamed Is Not There  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Seraphina90210

• Nooboo
My Saved Gamed Is Not There
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
I loaded my Sims 3 game twice, and on both times, I didn't see my game that I saved the previous night. I checked my Saves and the game file was there, including a backup.
Before loading the Sims 3, I checked "Run Without CC" before creating the new game. I wonder if this has something to do with not being able to see my game. After all, I did use a Sims Hair that I downloaded on Tumblr but somehow showed up on my game even when I selected the no cc.
Yesterday I had also deleted the bad cache files, including the DCBackup one, (but I hadn't deleted the ccmerged file). However, I had saved another game (with CC) after deleting the cache files and when I loaded it everything was normal.
I tried doing what this topic suggested - http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0
I loaded it again, and it still was not there.
I deleted some mods, but left some of NRAAS` mods such as Home Opener, Master Controller, Portrait Panel and Overwatch. I never had a problem with these mods before.
I loaded the game again, still wouldn`t show up on the main menu.
I have no idea how to make my game appear on the main menu. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: My Saved Gamed Is Not There
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
Check the folder extensions of your game that's missing.

It should be <name>.sims3 and nothing else. If it's not (like it has .bad on the end), that's the problem, in which case you should re-name your backup save from <name>.sims3.backup to <name>.sims3.

Make sure you take copies of the folders first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.